Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IF the ACC starts to fail ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

IF the ACC starts to fail ...

Nov 26, 2012, 10:32 PM

IF the ACC starts to fail, do you see EITHER the S.C., GA or FLA governors pulling a ‘Virginia’ on their universities and SEC – “don’t leave my other large state universities out of a thriving conference?”

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chicken-Killin I hate them dirt pecking birds (except on a plate...)

Speaking from the Georgia standpoint...

Nov 26, 2012, 10:36 PM

Hell NO, our governor won't lift a finger to help us, IMO. We're not UGA. They rule this state with an iron fist, and if we're about to be "re-aligned" out of existence on the football field, then so be it. I think FSU or CU might get help in their state, if something were to happen. Not so in Georgia. Just my opinion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Living in Georgia ...

Nov 26, 2012, 10:43 PM

I agree with you. Tech is treated very bad here.

Truer words never spoken.*

Nov 26, 2012, 10:47 PM

Re: Speaking from the Georgia standpoint...

Nov 27, 2012, 4:38 AM [ in reply to Speaking from the Georgia standpoint... ]

Yeah they're screwing Augusta State and MCG over too it sucks

GA Tech?

Nov 27, 2012, 5:21 AM [ in reply to Speaking from the Georgia standpoint... ]

Strange but welcome to see a techie on the site.

I was on to post a response to someone about realignment and since you are on the subject, I'd say the same but very condensed to you.

The longer version is on another thread and I called it Greed and Cows. A summary of which could be said simply as this. For all the talk of SEC fans and all the worry of others, I suggest a history lesson in good old fashion greed.

You see, what starts as a VERY logica argument about how ESPN and the SEC are greedy and manipulating the money seems Oh so short sited. Has there ever been a time in history that greed saw a limit for its own sake? Of course not.

The guys that started the greed machine are just too #### busy to hit everyone at the same time. Slive is just the first. The PAC is working on catching up and the BIG made a move on Maryland but why does everyone assume that anything less than all the dollars is going to end this? Rutgers? I mean really? Rutgers?

Doesn't that tell us the money train doesn't give a #### about schools or politicians (most of the money train riders are these guys too).

What rational person believes that schools that have fans and any cash left to syphon would be "left out". This is a time, opportunity, and dog pile. There won't be people "left out". Are you "left out" on getting the I-phone? They are just pausing while the players figure out the next cash grabs. How many billions will Super Conferences bring after a year of no BCS and a playoff?

Is Boise "left out"? GT will be just one more stop. The SEC fans are holding the first I-phones. Good for them. Funny thing about it, as long as there is more money, they keep selling them. Same with football. While it sucks to have this all about money as a fan, it does assure us that it won't stop until they have it all and the money game does not have a conference allegance.

Just sit back and think about everything you know about greed. Then go puke... but relax, you/we still have it they still want it.

SC is a legislative state. Power resides in the General

Nov 27, 2012, 5:58 AM [ in reply to Speaking from the Georgia standpoint... ]

Assembly. The Speaker and the Senate Pro Tem are Carolina graduates, not to mention the Lt. Governor. Besides, our politicians have no influence on outside states to get around the "gentleman's agreement".

Re: IF the ACC starts to fail ...

Nov 26, 2012, 10:41 PM

I don't think the rest of the SEC cares about what is best for USC/what USC wants. The SEC will do whatever is best for the SEC either way.

no leverage, no added footprint...either NC or VA if expands

Nov 26, 2012, 10:43 PM

...and that may be a while.

Re: would be interesting to see blue-blood UNC playing SEC

Nov 26, 2012, 10:47 PM

I mean that with a laugh - crusty ole crowd hosting the LSU cajuns, or MissST w/ cowbells. Funny.

could be NC State and VT if ACC really falling apart

Nov 26, 2012, 10:56 PM

I do not see the ACC falling apart, It just will be a bad football conference that rarely will have someone in contention at the end of the season to be in the top for....at least for foreseeable future.

Eventually lightening will strike for a team or two.

Re: would be interesting to see blue-blood UNC playing SEC

Nov 27, 2012, 1:29 AM [ in reply to Re: would be interesting to see blue-blood UNC playing SEC ]

A bunch of Cajuns mingling with the blue bloods on Franklin Street would be a sight to see.

Nov 26, 2012, 10:46 PM

Again....what can they do ? The governor has NO power over the university affiliations. They (the legislature)can with hold funding but that would be ignorant. Yes #### off the entire Gamecock nation and see what that gets you !Get real....it's not going to happen.

Re: just "what if'n"

Nov 26, 2012, 10:48 PM

Re:If it should come to that in SC, the legislators will

Nov 26, 2012, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: IF the ACC starts to fail ... ]

side with Clemson. Some of them are pretty stupid but when it comes to helping a state school get money they know what side of the bread their butter is on.

Nov 26, 2012, 10:52 PM [ in reply to Re: IF the ACC starts to fail ... ]

BWT - a governor does have power. Don't you think a governor influences a BOT, the budget, appointments, etc. It may vary some in VA, NC, SC, GA, FL, etc., but they do have influence - they have to choose to use it or ignore it.

Re: The pols have more sense then pull that crap They want

Nov 26, 2012, 10:54 PM

the money too.

Nov 27, 2012, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Re: IF the ACC starts to fail ... ]

Power and influence are two very different things. People have a choice with influence while power over something is a given thing. Haley has no influence over anything with her screw ups from day one. We will have to find a way out on our own.

The State of South Carolina would lose that political battle

Nov 26, 2012, 10:55 PM

becasue South Carolina elected officials would just be clueless compared to Florida and Georgia.

.... IF ? ....***

Nov 27, 2012, 8:35 AM

IF we go anywhere it'll be to the Big 12.

Nov 27, 2012, 11:18 AM

We don't make sense for the SEC unless they somehow all conferences get some common national deal.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic