Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Son of Clemson great visits Saturday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Son of Clemson great visits Saturday

Mar 11, 2012, 11:56 PM

Son of Clemson great visits Saturday

Greenville (J.L. Mann) tight end Zach Riggs – the son of former Clemson tight end Jim Riggs – made a visit to Clemson this weekend. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Son of Clemson great visits Saturday

Mar 12, 2012, 12:01 AM

The one thing I didn't want to hear from a former player.

"These practices are a calkwalk"

It sounds from the article like he is reference the rule

Mar 12, 2012, 12:04 AM

changes. Like not being permitted to have "three-a-days" and not wearing pads for the earlier practices.

null

Tougher back in the day

Mar 12, 2012, 3:49 PM

Interesting things were tougher back in the day and thats when we have our national championship as well. Sounds like Dabo needs to start making practices like Navy Seal training BUDS lol. Make the team or RING OUT

I knew I'd have to get tough or die

Mar 12, 2012, 8:54 PM

The players were not as big or fast, as a rule. But they were immensely tougher, IMHO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Point for you , Sue***

Mar 14, 2012, 7:17 AM

Re: Point for you , Sue***

Mar 16, 2012, 10:39 AM

...Life ain't easy... nice reference. You gave your age away. Missin' Johnny C.

Its not just the rules, Kirkland has talked about how soft

Mar 12, 2012, 11:35 PM [ in reply to It sounds from the article like he is reference the rule ]

our practices are today compared to Ford's teams. Given the restrictions on hours allowed in pads, etc. we should be hitting harder and going more full speed to maximize what practice time we do have. Our toughness and tacking issues are due to Dabo's soft practice philosophy. Steele wanted tougher practices with more hitting and tackling, but Dabo said no. It doesn't matter how good our assistants are, until Dabo makes S&C changes and has tougher practices we will remain soft.

Re: It sounds from the article like he is reference the rule

Mar 14, 2012, 5:25 AM [ in reply to It sounds from the article like he is reference the rule ]

I wish we could go back to the old rules again. I like the sound of 3 practices a day in pads.

These kids should go back out there on their own and get after it. But I guess it takes its toll.

Mar 12, 2012, 1:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Son of Clemson great visits Saturday ]

We're under different rules...everyone has to get used to that. 'likely, they were different than back 30 years before Coach Ford, too. :)
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2012, 2:20 AM

so is this kid any good??

Mar 12, 2012, 3:57 AM

He's ok but doubt we have room to offer him this year. More likely a Furman or WF kind of player who would RS a year and play tackle this Sophomore or Junior year.

Re: IF he is not: why waste time?***

Mar 12, 2012, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Son of Clemson great visits Saturday ]

Re: IF he is not: why waste time?***

Mar 12, 2012, 11:50 AM

Because you don't insult former Tigers by not atleast giving their kid/kids a look. One mans waste, is another mans treasure. Give the kid a look for old time sake....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

would rather have him than greenlee, sheesh***

Mar 12, 2012, 3:55 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2012, 7:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Son of Clemson great visits Saturday ]

Yep!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have seen him live...

Mar 12, 2012, 12:05 PM

Ive watched this kid live a couple of times against good competition. His hand are very good, runs pretty good routes, and is physical after the catch. I didnt know we were lookin at him at the time but he stood out on the field for sure. Now im not saying we should offer or not, just saying the kid CAN play.

Re: I have seen him live...

Mar 13, 2012, 8:45 AM

Nice! I hope we give him a good look and offer if he is a good player and a good fit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The rules changes are not the issue, everyone uses the same

Mar 12, 2012, 11:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Son of Clemson great visits Saturday ]

rules, but other teams are much tougher than we are. The rules limit days/hours in pads, not how hard you hit or how fast and tough you run your practices. We are soft because we have crappy S&C and we practice soft. It has absolutely nothing to do with the rules. Dabo has soft practices. Dabo is like TB, he runs a finesse offense and practices soft.

Re: The rules changes are not the issue, everyone uses the same

Mar 13, 2012, 6:53 AM

All you people bitchin about soft practices would go crazy if Sammy or Boyd or anyone else got hurt and lost for the season due to full speed contact practices.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic