Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Report: NFL teams are split on Deshaun Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

FB Update: Report: NFL teams are split on Deshaun Watson

Feb 3, 2017, 2:23 PM

Report: NFL teams are split on Deshaun Watson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

remember, these are the same teams that were split

Feb 3, 2017, 2:29 PM

between Ryan Leaf and Peyton Manning.

so, you know, great track record there....

Smokescreen. You can't believe what NFL executives say

Feb 3, 2017, 2:30 PM

about who they like prior to the draft.

He will be taken in the first 4 picks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well, Leaf went #2, so somebody believed something

Feb 3, 2017, 3:44 PM

and probably didn't live to tell about it, lol.

Re: Smokescreen. You can't believe what NFL executives say

Feb 4, 2017, 6:52 PM [ in reply to Smokescreen. You can't believe what NFL executives say ]

Don't sleep or count DW4 out on the First pick!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This always happens: the months leading up to the draft

Feb 3, 2017, 2:31 PM

all these guys start bad-mouthing everyone trying to throw up smoke screens for other teams.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. Poker face.

Feb 4, 2017, 9:49 AM

If they want somebody, they're gonna downplay it in hopes that there's less chance others will get the same idea, making it an easier or less expensive acquisition. Those are the smart ones, anyway. Doesn't surprise me that the Browns wear their excitement and intentions on their sleeves.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Re: FB Update: Report: NFL teams are split on Deshaun Watson

Feb 3, 2017, 2:35 PM

DW is going to be a steal for someone if he drops outside of the top 10. Call me biased or whatever. But anyone who has watched how he responds as the game progresses knows he has the "it" factor. DW himself stated he has ice water in his veins. And that is the truth. Calm,and poised when many qbs would be rattled, DW can drive a team down the field for the winning score. Not just in the National Championship game, where he was able to show his skill set against only the "greatest" SEC defense "ever" (according to the SeC homers) in Prime Time! But over his career with the game on the line DW made the plays for Clemson. Go DW and prove'm wrong.
GO TIGERS!!!

Feb 3, 2017, 2:43 PM

I love how much the spread offense is demonized at the next level. It's so fn absurd. You could literally have a 99% completion percentage, break every record known to man & be hailed the greatest college football quarterback to have ever lived... the MINUTE you graduate, you fall to scrutiny. It's disgusting, the gauntlet this young athletes have to go through.

New England essentially runs a spread...

Feb 3, 2017, 3:06 PM

seems to work just fine for them.

Re: New England essentially runs a spread...

Feb 5, 2017, 12:28 AM

That's bc with NE, it's about a coach that can coach and put together a coaching staff that can coach. And a coach that knows the type of talent that he can win with!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They hate it, yet they keep on implementing plays from Hunh spread...

Feb 3, 2017, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Report: NFL teams are split on Deshaun Watson ]

offenses every new season for like the past decade. Most of the NFL doesn't even use the traditional pro style offense. Most teams in the NFL now use a combination of prostyle and spread in their offense. Brees, Newton, Roethlisberger, Flacco, Dak Prescott, Derek Carr, all played in spread offenses in college

Feb 3, 2017, 4:04 PM

My only worry with Watson is that he's only ever played in a shotgun-set offense. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's never taken even a single snap from under center, has he?

I wouldnt worry about it.

Feb 3, 2017, 4:20 PM

Yes, Watson played in the spread and out of shotgun at Clemson. But he's been prepping for the NFL all along.

The shotgun obviously isn't unusual in the NFL, and Clemson used it about 95 percent of the time. But Watson worked under center every day before practice, "just to develop those habits and basic footwork coming from center," Streeter said. "He tells me all the time he loves getting under center."

This is from a Cleveland.com article.
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/01/deshaun_watson_clemson_quarter.html

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wouldnt worry about it.

Feb 3, 2017, 6:25 PM

Ah, good. I was afraid that Watson was totally unused to it.

He went under center on the last snap in Tampa, so

Feb 3, 2017, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Report: NFL teams are split on Deshaun Watson ]

suck it Mr. Anonymous NFL executive.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2017, 5:46 PM

Good read. From the way they talk they may not take him #1 pick. All the better-he can go somewhere else. ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2017, 9:53 PM

Are these the same guys who felt Tom Brady was 7th round material? Genius!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope Deshaun Watson doesn't go to the Browns ????

Feb 4, 2017, 3:32 PM

They are so bad on the offensive line and you could go on an on with why he shouldn't go there. I would be happy with any team besides them, even the 49ers would be a better choice and great low humidity weather.

It's laughable when he is compared to Vince Young, anybody that saw Vince play realizes that he was a great runner but never had an arm or timing to lay the football into a spot on rhythm of where the Wr is going.

It bugs me people expect perfection out of Deshaun when their QB does good to hand it off and throw for 120 yards a game. Deshaun has been so good at times but people expect him to be that good all the time when even Brady has off games or quarters.

I believe if Deshaun has a healthy career he will be a hall of fame type of guy laughing all the way to the bank at the ones that past him up for a DE that may play for 3-4 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

AJ Green, though an Bama fan, said he thought DW4 reminded

Feb 4, 2017, 8:09 PM

him of a certain Seattle QB, and was definitely NFL caliber! A "low key WINNER!"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good stuff but AJ is all UGA not Bammer***

Feb 5, 2017, 12:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably meant AJ McCarron***

Feb 5, 2017, 6:22 AM

Feb 4, 2017, 8:38 PM

Russell Wilson was taken 12th in the 3rd round.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic