Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Deshaun Watson playing update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

FB Update: Deshaun Watson playing update

Jul 15, 2015, 11:49 AM

Deshaun Watson playing update

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rest of the ACC just crapped themselves***

Jul 15, 2015, 11:54 AM

I wouldn't play him more than a half

Jul 15, 2015, 11:59 AM

combined in those first two games. There is no need to and the kid loves the big stage. I have no worries about rust for UL. I would go as far as not even playing him.

Re: I wouldn't play him more than a half

Jul 15, 2015, 12:31 PM

I fully understand your concern but we have to remember he is still just a true soph, granted easily the best soph in the country, with only +/-5 games of college experience. Remember his start last year against UL? Not pretty.

I say Dabo plays him most, if not all of the first half of the two cupcakes(his MO as HC). Let's DW get used to some hands in his face and our new Swiss cheese OL. I fear for his health like the rest of us but he needs reps for the bigger games if we're gonna make a run.

Jul 15, 2015, 12:44 PM

I totally agree that he needs game reps against wofford and app st. If anything, I would be very careful how I used him in summer workouts and fall practice. Now I know he needs to practice, but not to where he puts too much on that knee with him having surgery on it not that long ago. I know the coach's will do the right thing. They know much more about his knee than we do.

A quarter at the most against the cupcakes.

Jul 15, 2015, 12:48 PM

Keep in mind if this O is what its touted as, it will be 28-0 by the end of the first.

Swiss Cheese OL ???

Jul 15, 2015, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: I wouldn't play him more than a half ]

Half full kind of guy I take it ?

Message was edited by: under11par®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2015, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: I wouldn't play him more than a half ]

And our co-coordinators aren't going to show much for study film if anything other than the basic plays under a full game of live fire. I'm just very thankful that we're not going up against any big game fire like the last few seasons. Some of the top sec teams out the gate is to much for my nerves!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I, too, am enjoying the more classic start

Jul 15, 2015, 1:08 PM

to the season with a couple of easy ones.

Jul 15, 2015, 12:51 PM [ in reply to I wouldn't play him more than a half ]

I also hope that he never has to run the ball on a planned run play. His mobility and his arm strength with his point accuracy is just to good to have a planed run play just for him to risk injury by a 300+ pound lineman rolling up on his legs, and some players are dirty enough to try and knock a QB like a DW4 out of the game on every play. The best way to slow a rabbit down, is to damage it's leg. We don't have much if any body that can come in and win a tough close game for us yet with experience. I know it's awful to say, but I'm about Clemson first, and I don't have a lot of faith in Nick Schuessler with anything other than mop up duty. And I hope that our young freshman QBs gets all of that during the season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you'll see him sit for most of Wofford

Jul 15, 2015, 1:03 PM [ in reply to I wouldn't play him more than a half ]

App State looks to be pretty decent this year though, so wouldn't be surprised to see him still taking snaps late in the 3rd or early in the 4th.

Maybe newb could help them

Jul 15, 2015, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Rest of the ACC just crapped themselves*** ]

clean up?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: FB Update: Deshaun Watson playing update

Jul 15, 2015, 11:57 AM

If this guy stays healthy and we don't have any hiccups with the offensive line great things can come.

Be prepared for the

Jul 15, 2015, 12:55 PM

Water is Wet response.

Re: Be prepared for the

Jul 15, 2015, 1:12 PM

Yes it is wet for sure. But against App St, the wet water will be much warmer than the wet cold water of Wofford!!! ??

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic