Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Scott's efforts pay off with second top 10 class
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,613

Front Page Story: Scott's efforts pay off with second top 10 class

Feb 2, 2012, 1:55 PM

Scott's efforts pay off with second top 10 class

Clemson's recruiting coordinator Jeff Scott said he really enjoys recruiting because it is a way to compete in the off-season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't call this a Top Ten Class...but it is a Top 15

Feb 2, 2012, 2:17 PM

Go Tigers either way. Don't think it makes that much of a difference but whatever helps your resume i guess. To put it accurately we are the 12th best recruiting class this year.

Re: I wouldn't call this a Top Ten Class...but it is a Top 15

Feb 2, 2012, 2:28 PM

Way to go Jeff!!! Tiger Nation is very luck to have such a hardworking coach be a part of this program and serve such an important role in the lives of these young men. You have done a great job and the future is looking bright...Go Tigers!

Agree...

Feb 3, 2012, 2:23 PM

not a top #15 class,probably not a top #15...Maybe top
#20,IMO.....#21

Feb 2, 2012, 2:32 PM [ in reply to I wouldn't call this a Top Ten Class...but it is a Top 15 ]

Face it ESPN is all that matters right now in College football and ESPN says it is a top 10 class. Rivals and Scout don't get their own TV network.

null

Feb 6, 2012, 10:51 AM

Actually, what really matters is how they play on the field and conduct themselves off the field. ESPN can say this or Rivals can say that, but it's all speculation. We got the press from ESPN of a top 10 class. When these guys are juniors and seniors and they've been able to stay in school or not, they've developed as players or not, and they've proven to be winners or not, we'll know much more accurately how highly the recruiting class should be ranked.

Feb 2, 2012, 2:40 PM [ in reply to I wouldn't call this a Top Ten Class...but it is a Top 15 ]

Jeff did a great job, especially with the "skill" athltete recruits (Blanks, Brooks, Hopper, etc.). I would stack up our "skill" recruits in these past 2 recruiting classes against anyone in the country. And yes, it is actually a Top 15 class. I'm not sure why the Athletic Department keeps referring to it as a "Top 10" class. I guess they must think that we don't look at the Rivals, Scout and 247 recruiting rankings. Hey, but it is a good class, that met our needs. That's all that matters.

Feb 2, 2012, 4:58 PM [ in reply to I wouldn't call this a Top Ten Class...but it is a Top 15 ]

Well start your own service and get people to pay you for your opinion and you can call it whatever you like.

Congrats to Jeff & Brad Scott for helping Clemson be better!

Feb 2, 2012, 6:49 PM

They are fine men...even if Brad was HC at Carolina many years ago, but he knew when to fold..and where to go.

Go TIGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Scott's efforts pay off with second top 10 class

Feb 3, 2012, 3:57 PM

Rivals had us at 14 which is more accurate IMO. At least we loaded up at DL and got a couple of four stars for skill players [Hopper and Brooks, maybe McCullough], and four long, lean DBs that can run like deer, all 6 feet or over.

Maybe even a QB although I already don't like the way he runs his mouth. Confidence is great, swagger is even good, but he is just obnoxious so far. Although I think he may get some of that knocked out of him by the end of fall camp.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,613
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic