Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I would not trade Dabo for ANY coach in this country
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,321

I would not trade Dabo for ANY coach in this country

Sep 20, 2012, 8:53 AM

If you haven't seen the Dan Wetzel article you need to read it. I had to stop reading the article twice because I was pretty choked up at work.

I have never been a fan of Dabo mainly because I felt he was just a cheap hire Clemson made. I was mainly upset with TDP basically lying about his non existence national search. I regret these feelings now. I should have never felt slighted by having Dabo Swinney as my alma mater's head coach. I should have been honored to have him.

I am sorry for that. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would not trade Dabo for ANY coach in this country

Sep 20, 2012, 8:56 AM

Dabo is a blessed to have folks with your attitude as we are to have him. This is perfect and you don't trade perfect for anything.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2012, 8:58 AM

I agree. A great coach begins with being a great man!!! Dabo is both...

Sep 20, 2012, 9:01 AM

When Dabo was hired, I was excited as heII.....His energy, the way he handled conferences and the press, the way he handled players, was at the game in 2008 when he beat the coots and the players carried him out on their shoulders....all of it was just contagious....All In was contagious....winning the division in 2009 in his first season was awesome...

In October of 2010 I began critizicing him (and I still believe right-fully so due to those things being fixed (Napier, Steele)) for certain decisions in games and for not letting Napier go earlier.....I see now that I jumped to conclusions a bit.....

Last season I realized I was wrong to criticize the man after he managed to not only admit his mistakes and own up to them but to knock one out of the park when it came time to fix them....

We have one heII of a head coach and after reading that article it only proves that even more.

I don't care if you're dumper, pumper or coot (or in the case of some dumpers, both), if you can't see that now, you're just brain dead.

Message was edited by: CUAtTheFinishLine®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2012, 9:19 AM

He is, quite literally, the living example of the power of positive thinking. The rise from his humble beginnings and tragic family life is inspiration for us all. There's no quit in that guy and its awesome to see that attitude infect the whole team. I used to think he was too much of cheerleader and misplaced his authority trying to be "one of the guys". I don't think that way anymore because its obvious that he's just a "hands on" type of coach rather than the CEO Bowden was. His approach to coaching involves a very clear understanding that his job is to teach more than football so he makes sure his players are students FIRST, Good Football Players SECOND and maybe most importantly, Good People with character THIRD. How many recruits have been quoted saying the team feels like "family"? Maybe Dabo is creating the family he never really had. We're all fortunate to have him and I would'nt trade him for anyone.

Dabo is an inspiration for all of us...I can learn life...

Sep 20, 2012, 9:25 AM

...lessons from Dabo for my own benefit.

If I can see that at 52, then think about what a responsible, cogent 18 year old is thinking a coach like Dabo can do for them.

This article helped me to understand just how some of these recruiting closing sessions where Dabo comes in and closes the deal are like.

It also became very clear from this article the baseline from which Dabo operates and why Sammy Watkins was going to face a 2 or 4 game suspension for the arrest over the summer.

There is a constancy and foundation upon which a player knows what he is getting coming in to play for Dabo.

I agree...Dabo is Clemson, and the man we need for this job.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Sep 20, 2012, 11:23 AM

and I don't think Dabo would trade his job for any other in the country (even Alabama).

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,321
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic