Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
David Pollack getting hammered for this tweet
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 3,277

David Pollack getting hammered for this tweet

Jan 1, 2015, 12:01 PM

SEC fans you crushed me at the start of bowl season when I said the SEC bowl dominance was over, thoughts? 4-4

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i guess they didnt get enough lopsided matchups to help them this year. But

Jan 1, 2015, 12:03 PM

the swapping of TCU for tOSU was clearly a deal to protect Bama. They would have been blown out. Now at least the SEC has *some* hope.

Matching Auburn with Wisconsin after the 0-59 blowout was a nice touch too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: i guess they didnt get enough lopsided matchups to help them this year. But

Jan 1, 2015, 12:18 PM

Are you serious?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dead serious***

Jan 1, 2015, 12:21 PM

Re: Dead serious***

Jan 1, 2015, 12:24 PM

So you guys think ESPN actually switched out TCU for Ohio State in order to protect Bama?

wouldve been baylor anyways***

Jan 1, 2015, 1:05 PM

null

Message was edited by: elwyn07®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPN? who said ESPN? The CFP did the deed.

Jan 1, 2015, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Dead serious*** ]

TCU at #3. Wins their game 55-3. Drops out of the top 4 to #6.

Bama: whew!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I am trying to figure out how BAMA is #1s

Jan 1, 2015, 2:15 PM

FSU is the defending NC and undefeated with returning the Heisman trophy winner on its team. Like them or not they should be #1 until someone can beat them.

Jan 1, 2015, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: i guess they didnt get enough lopsided matchups to help them this year. But ]

Me and you are normally on the same page when it comes to overreactions and such, but after yesterday, any of of that is fair game IMO.

Jan 1, 2015, 12:35 PM

To be honest, I think TCU should have been in it. I don't have a problem with that argument...and I think Ohio State's name played a solid role in that with the committee.

My problem is the notion that ESPN took control of the committee, and then removed TCU to put in OSU in order to protect Bama. That notion is so crazy that it would be laughable if it weren't so sad people actually believe it.

If you're going to do the conspiracy theory at least do it right. Say E--$EC Obamacare Gay Agenda Fascists--PN took control of the committee, removed TCU and replaced them with Ohio State because they'll make more money from advertising if they have a major, traditional power state school in the playoff instead of a small upstart private school. Then say there's a connection with Jewish bankers and the Illuminati too since that always seems to make sense.

Jan 1, 2015, 12:50 PM

I agree. That notion is completely over the top. The ESPN conspiracy doesn't hold water. But I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out the POC's logic for making the switch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dang,t-mac. you are all over it. actually, i do think the

Jan 1, 2015, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Re: i guess they didnt get enough lopsided matchups to help them this year. But ]

number of television sets tuning in to the games had a whole heck of a lot to do with the rising/falling with the positioning of the contenders, as espn is the ncaa's cash cow as well as being the sec's chief investment partner. and well,espn does have a lot of $$$ invested, so there could very possibly be a conflict of interest.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no, the best conspiracy is always the simplest. if you have

Jan 1, 2015, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: i guess they didnt get enough lopsided matchups to help them this year. But ]

too many hands in it, eventually there will be a book which would be no bueno for too many people and some might end up taking their last breath on some far away park bench.

i'm going with option A, espIn handy work. simple, big money at play; control the media, control the mind and play the pocketbook if some juan plays hard to get.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would not take it that far Ohio State sells more tickets

Jan 1, 2015, 1:19 PM [ in reply to i guess they didnt get enough lopsided matchups to help them this year. But ]

The problem I have is Clemson play Oklahoma because the committee had Miss St. jump Michigan St.
Send Clemson to the Russell Ath. bowl and not the citrus bowl. Then everyone was picking Oklahoma to blow Clemson out. I could believe that conspiracy theory.

Re: I would not take it that far Ohio State sells more tickets

Jan 1, 2015, 1:37 PM

That theory has some truth to it.

he speaks his mind, so clemson fans need to be able to take

Jan 1, 2015, 12:08 PM

the heat when he questions the tigers as well.

he was the first to step up, take it like a man, apologize & congratz the tigers when clemson beat a top 10 lsu team.

and yes, it was a top 10 victory even though the final rankings had lsu at 12 & 14; funny how that works. lol @ any juan that suggests differently.

Re: David Pollack getting hammered for this tweet

Jan 1, 2015, 12:22 PM

I like David---one of my favorite analysts. He keeps it real.

Replies: 16
| visibility 3,277
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic