Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SCAR question.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

SCAR question.

May 3, 2013, 8:50 AM

If you were a five star football player and a SCAR booster offered you $100,000 cash to play for SCAR would you do it?

Assume that Clemson has also offered you a scholarship, but no shady booster offers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SCAR question.

May 3, 2013, 8:51 AM

Would you throw in free stays at the Whitney and a fa-shizzled Chrysler 300?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Nope. You can use the cash to get those things on your own

May 3, 2013, 8:52 AM

and there is no paper trail.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nope. You can use the cash to get those things on your own

May 3, 2013, 9:07 AM

Well you take all the fun out of $EC football. No perks? White women? Dang...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I would not accept

May 3, 2013, 8:55 AM

pay to play for any school and would not play for them under any circumstances

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would not accept

May 3, 2013, 8:59 AM

If there was no chance of getting caught yes I would do that.

You could take the 100k and purposefully throw their games. Get paid and screw up their program!

Absolutely.

May 3, 2013, 9:23 AM

Then I'd get them on probation.

Re: Absolutely.

May 3, 2013, 9:36 AM

Coming from the program with 120+ violations followed two years later by another probation. Wow. You guys are the only clean school in nation, congrats.

Re:We are clean. When are you going to come clean?***

May 3, 2013, 10:28 AM

May 4, 2013, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Absolutely. ]

You guys are stuck living in the past You need to get with the times only one school in this state is currently on probation for recruiting violations

May 4, 2013, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Absolutely. ]

What do you mean? Clemson has spent three years on probation. 82-83 for major violations, which did not include playing ineligible players. Then a brief one in 89 or 90 for fairly minor violations.

USC has had 8 years of probation, which puts them in the top ten of all football programs.

Moron coots...

May 4, 2013, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Absolutely. ]

tells Clemson fans to "stop living in the past," but brings up example from the past.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I'd take the money and still go to Clemson

May 3, 2013, 10:32 AM

afterall, what're they gonna do? Call the police? they're just as guilty of breaking the law as I would be of breaking the NCAA rules. He ends up in jail and I end up banned from the NCAA. We both lose.

May 4, 2013, 9:41 AM

Hey!! We've gotta have some kind of excuse to explain why they continue to tatoo our azzes in most every sport, now don't we? Any of these will do! 1) they cheat since they're in the SEC (what about from 1991-2008? when we're kicking their butts?) 2) Our coaches are always on a higher moral plane than theirs (Did we say that when we dominated them with coaches Ford, Pell, and Locke?) 3) Our star athletes are way smarter than theirs (ever heard CJ speak?). I think we should look reality in the eye and accept the fact that they are now athletically superior to us. Then we work like hail to fix the problem instead of whining on about these absurd excuses.

May 5, 2013, 1:54 AM

Since you are clearly less than 15 years old and have not yet earned a driver's license, let me teach you a few things about the world. Some things go in cycles. The school in Columbia had a few good teams in the middle 80s, then a few good teams in the last couple of years.

Period. They don't have the fans, the character or the tradition to have more than a couple of good years here and there. They are the ultimate "bad" sports fans.

But that is changing as a large majority of the graduates each year are now women who don't generally care as much about sports. In 20 years, when South Carolina is 80% women, things will be very much different.

wow motor city chicken, u put a lot of thought into that...

May 5, 2013, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR question. ]

been obsessed with Clemson long??

Re: wow motor city chicken, u put a lot of thought into that...

May 5, 2013, 3:31 PM

Well, cupcake, I noticed that you didn't attempt to refute any facts that I supplied you with......but then, that would require a modicum of logic and objectivity, wouldn't it? As for being obsessed with Clemson, that started when I attended my first game in Death Valley at age seven. However, since I don't hate everyone and everything associated with Carolina (although I do expect us to beat them regularly), that really bothers you, doesn't it. Does it bother you even more that I can honestly admit that our coaches have been outcoached by theirs for the past four games? Maybe it's you who is obsessed with Carolina??

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic