Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would you pay for an ACC network channel?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,075

Would you pay for an ACC network channel?

Apr 24, 2013, 10:46 PM

?

Would you pay for an ACC network channel?    [Results]

Yes
No
Maybe
Hedgehogs
flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes

Apr 24, 2013, 11:09 PM

I think people would select the cable or satellite coverage that provides it. I have ATT uverse because of ESPN3

If it is picked up by DTV I'll add it to my package.

Apr 24, 2013, 11:14 PM

It becoming a reality doesn't mean that it'll be offered everywhere I don't think.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would you pay for an ACC network channel?

Apr 24, 2013, 11:15 PM

Of course.

I would for one year, to see if Clemson got equal time

Apr 24, 2013, 11:20 PM

and coverage

but if UNC, Duke, and others got more coverage, more interviews, more replays, as they very likely would if an ACC network is run like everything else in the ACC

I would drop it in a minute if Clemson could not get the equal coverage in all sports as the NC and Florida schools

Re: I would for one year, to see if Clemson got equal time

Apr 24, 2013, 11:28 PM

Why should we expect equal time? Clemson fields far fewer teams the UNC and Duke for example. Now I do agree that there should be roughly equal coverage within a particular sport.

Apr 24, 2013, 11:34 PM

I don't think fans would be tuning in to see those minor sports or pay money to watch them, at least not the majority of fans.

But the 3 major sports run from Aug to June and there are those mid major sports soccer, tennis, golf that Clemson does have teams in and those sports (less not forget the women volleyball teams for the outfits along) and they should get equal coverage for 10 of the 12 months a year.

If the ACC wants to cover swimming or lacross show those replays in the summer when no one is watching anyway.

Apr 24, 2013, 11:44 PM

I doubt there will be much in the way of live football on the network and I hope Clemson will be showcased on bigger channels. We might get more coverage than UNC and Duke in basketball because they are bigger channels. We should get good coverage in baseball.

But I do agree that I would get the channel for Clemson. If there is little or no Clemson coverage I would have no interest in it.

I'm with GtoG...

Apr 24, 2013, 11:35 PM [ in reply to I would for one year, to see if Clemson got equal time ]

I would try it for a year. If I felt Clemson were being slighted, I'd jettison it. I really don't give a crapp abt anything but CU athletics. UVA/BC lacrosse? I think not...

Re: Would you pay for an ACC network channel?

Apr 25, 2013, 12:45 AM

It will be like the Big Ten channel. A game or two per week of the lessor football matchups during football season (plus the coaches' shows), but then a whole lot of basketball.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,075
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic