Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Starting Line-up Should Be..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,227

Starting Line-up Should Be..

Nov 22, 2012, 11:59 PM

PG: Adonis Filer. Takes the ball to the hoop better than any other player on the team. Missed a few takes but those shots will start to fall as he plays more. I understand he is not quite there defensively, but that will also improve.

Side note: When he was sliding with Stockton late in the game, he played Stockton correctly. Filer essentially eliminated over half-the court for Stockton to work with. Booker has to come over to eliminate the easy lay-up.

SG: Damarcus Harrison. He is Confident in his shot and he has a quick release. He can also create off the dribble much better than anyone on the team, except perhaps Filer.

SF: K.J. McDaniels. Great Help defender, which is great because Harrison and Filer tend to play aggresive D. Although he took some ill-advised 3's later in the game, his shot looks considerably better than last year. Enhancing his ball skills will make hard to stop.

PF: Milton Jennings. Anyone who thinks Milton isn't a huge disappointment as player went to high school with him. He is soft and can't shoot, and plays without question the worst defense on the team. I know who Stockton was thankful for tonight. With all that being said, for whatever reason, teams game plan defensively for Milton, and his length and height makes it easy for him to find the open man.

C:Landry Nnoko. Devin Booker is softer than the Pillsbury Dough Boy. Nnoko plays great D. His size is very disruptive for opposing players. He is also very quick on his feet. The best way for him to refine his offensive inability is game real game experience.

Other thoughts:

Josh Smith looks much better than I anticipated. In the first half, he had two really nice finishes under the basket.

If Jordan Roper can more consistently make those semi-open 3's, that will open the inside pass so teams will have to crash on either Milton or Devin.

Rod Hall plays the best defense on the team.

Bernard plays great for his size at his position. He needs to get quick though and develop better touch and control.

I don't know what Sapp's role on the team will be.

GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would continue to bring Filer off the bench at this point

Nov 23, 2012, 12:03 AM

he give some aggressive, instant offense off the bench. I think you start Hall b/c he takes care of the ball and really sets the tone defensively.

No way you start Nnoko. He's learning, and is behind offensively. You may not like Booker... and maybe BB needs to get into him... but he's a VERY experienced ACC player, and it will show.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Could see Filer sliding in at 2 guard if TJ doesn't come

Nov 23, 2012, 12:08 AM

around. Sapp looks lost. Hall and Filer would be a dynamic defensive backcourt and Filer's penetration would be an asset on offense. BB will get the chemistry worked out

I agree... I think FIler is starting before ACC play***

Nov 23, 2012, 12:09 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: I would continue to bring Filer off the bench at this point

Nov 23, 2012, 12:10 AM [ in reply to I would continue to bring Filer off the bench at this point ]

If this had been another game against a team like Furman, I might agree with you, but they played a top-20 team and Nnoko outplayed him. Nnoko played a powerhouse high school where he was going up against teams with other D-1 talent.

Hall will continue to start, I just think Filer is much better at playing point guard than Hall. Filer's vision is better. I think Clemson will be the better team these next two games so hopefully Filer will continue to get a lot of playing time. Brownell showed tonight he is not afraid to bring Filer in late in the game, so why not play him from the get go?

Need more offense, which Nnoko can't provide yet....

Nov 23, 2012, 1:22 AM [ in reply to I would continue to bring Filer off the bench at this point ]

Jennings and Booker both struggled tonight, but they have to be our top 2 players if we want to do well this year. The freshman and sophomores will be up and down all season. We could really use both Blossomgame and Coleman this season for scoring, but there's nothing we can do about that now. I see us having to use the same formula that Virginia used last year, in playing really great defense, slowing the game down, and grinding out close wins. Unfortunately we have a pretty tough schedule this season (after this tournament we only play 4 more games against non "BCS conference" teams), so even finishing .500 will be difficult.

Hall is and should remain the starting PG

Nov 23, 2012, 12:05 AM

he's a lockdown defender who is taking great care of the ball. Sapp looks lost and I could see Filer sliding in at 2G if TJ doesn't start playing better. Booker is still far better than Nnoko. Foul trouble kept him from finding any kind of pace tonight. Nnoko, in 2 years, will be our best big man since Elden and Dale Davis

If KJ and Book don't get into foul trouble and sit in the

Nov 23, 2012, 12:07 AM

first half...

we may have extended a lead up to 10 pts. or so... we really had them frustrated when those guys got into foul trouble

The 3rd fould called on Book early in the 2nd half was a

Nov 23, 2012, 12:09 AM

pure flop by the defender

KJ's third was bad too... he avoided the contact and only

Nov 23, 2012, 12:11 AM

made contact with the defender's arms...

Defender was set... but KJ avoided it well.

Re: Starting Line-up Should Be..

Nov 23, 2012, 12:07 AM

Rod Hall needs to start at PG he takes care of the ball and plays great D.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,227
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic