Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I would be surprised if they hired anyone other than a big name at his point
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

I would be surprised if they hired anyone other than a big name at his point

Nov 3, 2019, 5:52 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.greenvilleonline.com/amp/4151122002

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would be surprised if they hired anyone other than a big name at his point

Nov 3, 2019, 6:28 PM

Agreed. With the buyout money spent already I’m sure the next bag of money has already been discussed and a short list Is in writing somewhere. Donors aren’t crazy nor do they separate from their money easily. A big fish will appear sooner than later. Where is rumor control when you need them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If it took guaranteed $$ from aTm...what's it going to take

Nov 3, 2019, 6:36 PM

From FSU? It's an ugly situation in Tallahassee. Aside from the 2013 uptick, it's been trending in the wrong direction since before Jimbo stepped in and cultivated his own brand of 'culture'. Any worthwhile coach will want a LOT of time...program investment...the ability to hire his kind of staff. Does FSU have a $100 million...because this looks like a $100 million commitment...and will take every single dime. Paint me skeptical.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would be surprised if they hired anyone other than a big name at his point

Nov 3, 2019, 7:35 PM [ in reply to Re: I would be surprised if they hired anyone other than a big name at his point ]

I would be surprised if they do hire a big name.
I see an up and coming to Offensive Coordinator who is allowed to hire his own staff and is given free rein for at least the first 3 years, in recruiting, with the 4th the make or break year.

Nov 3, 2019, 6:42 PM

Didn’t read the article but given the “culture” issues at FSU that Jimbo created, I could see someone from Dabo's coaching tree being a desirable candidate. People tend to desire things they don’t currently have and it’s not a wild idea to think they would take a chance on an unproven head coach in order to establish a new culture.

Nov 3, 2019, 6:57 PM

Next man up changes everything but the horse and the spear. His way or the highway mentality to clean up down there......

I would be surprised if a big name would be interested.

Nov 3, 2019, 7:50 PM

And for that matter what big names are out there - whether currently coaching or not?

0% chance Urban is interested.
Les wants no part of that and not sure the fan base would want.
Stoops enjoying retirement

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spurrier is available

Nov 3, 2019, 7:59 PM

??

Stoops is going to coach in the XFL next year.

Nov 3, 2019, 8:25 PM [ in reply to I would be surprised if a big name would be interested. ]

That's why I think there is a small chance he might be interested.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic