Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Playing time breakdown: Clemson going into the Playoff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

TNET: Playing time breakdown: Clemson going into the Playoff

Dec 13, 2017, 12:12 PM

Playing time breakdown: Clemson going into the Playoff

Another comfortable win, another game to rest starters and gain experience down the depth chart. That’s been the story of the season and even a top-10 matchup w Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would be interesting

Dec 13, 2017, 12:18 PM

To see this by game, by position, to see how the mix has changed as the year has gone on. For example - ETN, Feaster and Higgins had minimal playing time in our victory against Auburn. Scary to me - and likely to Bama, UGA and OK - that we're just now now getting the mix right. We are rolling at the perfect time.

Check the links at the bottom the info is there***

Dec 13, 2017, 2:04 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder .......

Dec 13, 2017, 12:24 PM

I wonder what the total average points per play would be for KB2? I realize his his numbers are going to be down since he basically comes out of the 4th Q in most all the games (except for two that come to mind Aub and Cuse). I’d like to see that number compared to some of the more “highly” recognized QBs this season. I bet that would be an interesting stat to debate about.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wonder .......

Dec 13, 2017, 1:36 PM

i mean, his points per play is probably higher than his yards per carry (3.7) lol

Dec 13, 2017, 1:39 PM [ in reply to I wonder ....... ]

He's averaging 63 plays/game, and that's counting the Syracuse game. His 816 total plays is more than ~23 teams have for the entire season. Even teams like Oklahoma only ran 898 plays for the entire season, I guarantee Mayfield has played less than 800 snaps for the season. UL has 889 snaps, Lamar is probably in the low 800s like KB. Clemson has played 978 plays, 2nd only to Syracuse. Granted, we played 13 games, but still. Our yards/play, and points/play is never going to be great.

Dec 13, 2017, 1:55 PM

Kelly isn't the running threat hes hyped up to be in all honesty, he hasn't had a 20 yard run since the Virginia tech game, a reason why we don't average a high yards/points per play is because his first option is to run and his success rate is bad. again, 3.7 yards per carry isn't horrible for a qb who looks to run a few times a game, but considering Kelly runs like 15+ times per game 3.7 is horrible

Tell 'em coot

Dec 18, 2017, 1:42 PM

Re: TNET: Playing time breakdown: Clemson going into the Playoff

Dec 13, 2017, 2:00 PM

Thank you.

So no carries by Rencher all season? Wrong! Just saw 3 at

Dec 13, 2017, 3:07 PM

then end of the scar game while rewatching it. Also thought Nolan Turner had played some in the secondary.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So no carries by Rencher all season? Wrong! Just saw 3 at

Dec 13, 2017, 3:35 PM

Yeah, so this breakdown is generally focused on scholarship/depth chart contributors. Rencher is not listed with Feaster/Etienne/Choice/Fuller on the depth chart. He does have 20 snaps on the season (8 v. Kent State, 6 v. Citadel, 6. v. South Carolina) and nine carries for 38 yards.

Turner is listed as a special-teams only contributor by Clemson in the last two games and has 44 snaps at safety over the season, as listed in parentheses.

Re: So no carries by Rencher all season? Wrong! Just saw 3 at

Dec 18, 2017, 1:58 PM

That chart is done ONLY for scholarship players. They don't publicize the walk-on snaps.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic