Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The best thing about being married to a Coot?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

The best thing about being married to a Coot?

May 23, 2019, 9:24 AM

1) I get to pick on her during football season.
2) She is an excellent chef of all things Chicken, Fried, Baked, BBQ'ed, Chicken and Dumplings(real Dumplings)
3) She is an excellent mother as she watches over her brood(our kids and grands)relentlessly
4) She has learned to be a good sport about the beatings they take

There are probably some other hidden benefits, but she is my best friend, wife of 41 years, has actually saved my life twice, so I think I will keep her even though she choose a really bad team to follow. She has gotten to the point of Oh GOD, let it be over quick when it comes to football!

If anyone else has a spouse that is on the darkside feel free to espouse your feelings!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The best thing about being married to a Coot?

May 23, 2019, 9:26 AM

A least you are not married to a DAWG fan - the dark, dark side.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She is familiar with the ######***

May 23, 2019, 9:30 AM

Snowflake Basher........Out

^^^this is the correct answer***

May 23, 2019, 9:32 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I'm going to need a visual before I can agree.

May 23, 2019, 9:35 AM

signed, Francis Marion®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: ^^^this is the correct answer***

May 23, 2019, 10:38 AM [ in reply to ^^^this is the correct answer*** ]

Hand jobs in the stands and chain-link fence dumpster tailgate #####.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: She is familiar with the ######***

May 23, 2019, 9:40 AM [ in reply to She is familiar with the ######*** ]

that's bad! But since we got married so young I am indeed fortunate in that regard! We have been married 41 years, I was 19, she was 15, I finished college, served in the USAF, and been a teacher/coach for 30 years. She finished High School, worked for a while then raised our 3 kids, put them thru college, helped mold them into outstanding people and citizens, and is now doing the same for our 4 grandsons!

If you would like to have the above posters banned...

May 23, 2019, 9:47 AM

I will certainly be willing to help.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Me too.

May 23, 2019, 9:54 AM

Just despicable.

Snowflake Basher........Out

May 23, 2019, 9:53 AM

That is awesome. I wish you two continued happiness!!!

I had a coot wife once. While married, Clemson never won vs. the coots. We separated and divorced and Clemson hasn't lost. For that reason alone, I'll never get married again. I'm I superstitious? Nope, just don't want to take that chance.

Message was edited by: Go Tigers!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish you happiness in life, and know that no one wins in a

May 23, 2019, 10:16 AM

divorce, but as a Tiger fan, it sounds like she was a jinx, and needed to go.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wish you happiness in life, and know that no one wins in a

May 23, 2019, 10:57 AM

I appreciate that. I'm happier than I've been in a long time. I have a wonderful eight year old son and being his daddy is absolutely a blessing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2019, 9:54 AM

I share your affliction and affection. Will be 30 years this July with my coot wife. I hate that we can't share football, and my advice to anyone else would be don't marry a college rival, marriage is hard enough anyway. However in a spirit of altruism, Clemson gentleman conditioning, and slim-pickens in Surfside Beach where we met, I took her in as a rescue wife. She really didn't seem to care much about coot ball until the ole ball-sack started winning. Those were tough times. We do share a mutual passionate dislike of all things dawg. Other than that I try not to gloat...too much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"rescue wife"

May 23, 2019, 11:49 AM

hahaha I love that

May 23, 2019, 9:56 AM

I too am married to one. its gotten to where its not as fun to give her a hard time anymore. she's come to expect the beatdown. I'm not complaining though...my only qualm is that she's got my daughter on the darkside, i'm hoping she grows out of it!

May 23, 2019, 10:00 AM

You are a very understanding man.

If my wife did something to ruin my child's life, I think I would divorce her.

Some friends of ours are in a "mixed marriage"; he is the

May 23, 2019, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: The best thing about being married to a Coot? ]

coot, she is the TIGER. Their oldest son latched onto the Coots, then the next one came along and he is ALL IN. Seeing as he is about 13 now, he had to have gone through some dark times as a Tiger between ages 3 and 8.

About 6 or 7 years ago, she got pregnant again, and both parents (and older brothers) were determined to break the tie. That poor boy got some serious preaching while he was in utero. Both sides claimed him when he was born, and everyone waited anxiously for him to declare himself. He never really strongly stated a preference, but the feeling was that he trended a little more toward the Coot side. We have sort of drifted apart over the past few years, but I wonder where he stands now, given the run over the last 5 years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your kids are actually McNuggets?***

May 23, 2019, 10:00 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2019, 10:03 AM

Bonus question: Is "Oh God, let it be over quick" a phrase she says only once a year and only in regards to football?

In all seriousness, I hope to be lucky enough to be married to my wife for 41 and still be excited about it.

Congrats to you and your wife!

^^^^^^that’s funny^^^^^^***

May 23, 2019, 10:09 AM

May 23, 2019, 10:14 AM

Congrats, best wishes and all of that good stuff. Hope you are doing well.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I married one too...

May 23, 2019, 10:18 AM

One of our first dates together was the annual rivalry game at the roach, the first of the Spurrier streak against us. It was a tough game for me to endure, stuck in the middle of a crowd of U5uC fans.

The next year she surprised me with tickets to the NC State at Clemson game. It was my first game back in DV since graduating in 96, so I was thrilled to be back in Tiger town. It was also her first trip to Clemson. After that trip and game, she saw the light... she loved the beauty of the campus and the DV experience was so much better than anything she ever had at the roach, her blood changed to orange and has been a Tiger fan ever since!

May 23, 2019, 10:25 AM

In my case married 26 yrs to a Coot attendee tho she graduated from USC-Upstate (and no the Trojans don’t have a branch in Spartanburg). She is now an unabashed convert to the Tigers! Loves Dabo and all things CU football. Expresses little remorse for the Coots (“They’ve always sucked really”, she says).

I can be very persuasive...

she is ready to go even in parking lots?***

May 23, 2019, 10:33 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Grudge sex?***

May 23, 2019, 10:34 AM

Does that mean she's on top***

May 23, 2019, 11:12 AM

Well, for the last 5 years, anyway.

May 23, 2019, 11:34 AM

:)

May 23, 2019, 10:37 AM

A wonderful story. Mixed marriages can turn out great if both are mature about all things.There will be other things in life that you have different opinions about that will require maturity and love to deal with.

While teaching at Texas A&M I met my wife, a TCU Student, and we married four months before moving to NC State. We had four children. While raising them she took night classes at NCSU and provided great loving care for all of us.I have to admit that I did my share of things around the house. Finally she graduated on her 40th birthday. A persistent lady.The four children have provided us with ten grandkids and three great grandkids. We just celebrated our 62nd anniversary in April.

Regarding sports she is a tiger through and through. Although she does pull for State (as do I since they provided our livelihood for many years), except when playing Clemson. But State losses don't hurt like those of the tigers

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2019, 11:00 AM

I'm very sorry to hear that only 3 of your 10 gradnkids are great.

Maybe some of the others are just late bloomers.

Don't give up hope! ;)

May 23, 2019, 11:27 AM

I know sarcasm when I see it.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2019, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: The best thing about being married to a Coot? ]

Now that was funny!! Good one!

May 23, 2019, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Re: The best thing about being married to a Coot? ]

It took me a lot of years to find a woman I could spend the rest of my life with and finally got lucky.
Among many other great qualities, she is a Winthrop woman and does not care about football at all. Her sister died while we were at the 1984 Coot game and she never went to another Coot game, home or away. Took her to the 1986 Gator bowl as the first time we were able to get away after our son's birth. Had a great time and shut up the Stanford Band in the stands. Another fog bowl in Jacksonville. I always loved Gator bowls. Yes, I was at Danny's First win and Woody's last loss.

May 23, 2019, 11:18 AM
CUVT2017.jpg(162.5 K)

Slight deviation here...

My wife is not a coot and never will be.

She IS however a Hokie (growing up near there) and a Vol (parents are from there).

Growing up loving all things Peyton Manning, she despised Spurrier at UF and transferred that to UofSC. No questions there.

When we were dating, she got tickets for us on the home side of Lane Stadium (2006). Tigers came in ranked in the top 10 and got run of the stadium. It took a few years (likely due to my bitterness), but in 2017 we went back. She got us front row seats behind the Clemson bench as a early Christmas present (see the lone Tiger on the front row? Yep.). MUCH better outcome. She was cheering for her Hokies, but wanted to see Renfrow do well since she taught him and his brothers at Socastee.

She's not a complete convert and we've had some lovely wagers throughout the years, but I wouldn't trade her in for anyone else. We both love college football and are ready for fall. Spot the ball!

May 23, 2019, 12:14 PM

ms midland grew a a gamecock but one weekend trip to Clemson while in high school to visit friends changed all that!!!

Doesn't scripture say something about being unequally yolked***

May 23, 2019, 12:34 PM

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic