Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I wish we could pull a Wyoming->UGA for all FCS games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 884

I wish we could pull a Wyoming->UGA for all FCS games

Feb 20, 2020, 1:04 PM

Swap out Akron and the Citadel for teams like Oregon and Penn St. It's time to move away from these FCS games.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: I wish we could pull a Wyoming->UGA for all FCS games

Feb 20, 2020, 1:23 PM

I know a lot of people agree with you and it makes sense strictly in terms of entertainment value.

On the other hand, the two games per year that we play against far inferior OOC opponents are vital to the development of our depth.

We can't always count on being able to blow out 6 or 7 ACC opponents to get reps for our 2nd and 3rd team players.

I'm all for have scar and one other major opponent on the schedule every year, but the health of the overall program benefits from the "softies" that we get a couple of times per year.

Feb 20, 2020, 1:57 PM

Need a rest game so rookies/walk-ons not named Renfrow can get experience.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Feb 20, 2020, 2:51 PM

If you can convince Oregon and Penn St. to come to Clemson, so that we can still have 7 home games, I'd agree. But no one, not even the great Alabama, does this. At least partly because the revenue from the extra home games pays for a lot. Plus, the annual cupcake game against an in-state school (not SCAR, although they fit the bill most years) does wonders for those other state institutions and as others have said, gives a chance to work out kinks and improve depth.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2020, 8:58 AM

I'd like to see us keep one South Carolina FCS school per year. That money helps our smaller schools athletic departments tremendously. I would like to see us include a good group of 5 school.

Replies: 4
| visibility 884
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic