Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Tavien Feaster says he'll "check the depth charts" before making a decision
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 92
| visibility 51

TNET: Tavien Feaster says he'll "check the depth charts" before making a decision

May 13, 2019, 7:01 AM

Tavien Feaster says he'll "check the depth charts" before making a decision

After announcing he will enter the NCAA Transfer Portal, Clemson running back Tavien Feaster has hit a pause button of sorts on his recruitment. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So USuCk Is Not Even In The Equation

May 13, 2019, 7:16 AM

Seeing as he said that he didn’t want to transfer to a school where he was the main talent. He said that he wanted weapons around him. Well, that 100% excludes USuCk all together. I’m still disappointed in his decision to transfer because CJ Spiller reactivated his retired jersey to let Tavien Feaster have the number 28. He did not earn that honor by keeping his promise to give 110%. Best is the standard at Clemson and transferring because you’re not a starter on the depth chart is not setting the right example for others to follow. It’s a selfish decision on his part. I mean, he’s a Tiger for sure and I appreciate all that he’s accomplished at Clemson. However, why not finish strong? Am I the only one that’s a little disappointed in his decision? Not for depth reasons but for reasons of loyalty and honor.

Go Tigers!

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: So USuCk Is Not Even In The Equation

May 13, 2019, 7:22 AM

He's paid his dues to wear #28 after he graduates.

May 13, 2019, 12:32 PM

after he graduates and transfers the number he wears means nothing as far as Clemson goes.

May 13, 2019, 7:24 AM [ in reply to So USuCk Is Not Even In The Equation ]

"Not for depth reasons but for reasons of loyalty and honor. "

JMO, but I think TF is more concerned about how he pays the rent in his future than loyalty or honor. When he came to CLEMSON, we did not have ETN and Dixon. TF might be relegated to 3rd string, and that would hurt his future earnings IMO. Again though - that's JMO trying to understand his reasoning. If TF had NO chance of making the NFL and making a lot of $$$$$, then I would agree that he should stay. It is his decision to make, and I can only support the guy, and thank him for what he gave to CLEMSON.

May 13, 2019, 3:45 PM

I'm sorry but to me this is selfish and goes against everything Dabo tries to teach. Feaster hasn't had the best attitude and I guarantee you it has held him back. Not saying he has been a bad guy but him not being the starter has really hurt him at times with his effort I believe. Last year was different because I think he got a little older and a little more mature but the facts are if you're not making it to the NFL from Clemson you're not making it somewhere else. You're either an NFL guy or you're not. Feaster averages 6 yards a carry for his career. If the NFL wants you they will find you. Just look at the guys drafted from schools you've never heard of. This thing that he doesn't want to be the feature guy is a bunch of bull. If that was the case you wouldn't be leaving. You know the saying be careful what you wish for because you might get it and you might not like it. Let's say he is the starter and getting heavy workload and he isn't as good as he wants to be. I'd say him being the guy and not having a good year is way worse than him staying and being the 2nd guy and averaging 6, 7, 8 yards a carry. I think he is making a mistake looking at one thing and that one thing is the NFL. Go watch his game film, not his highlights but actual game film. He is very tentative and slow to the hole. He doesn't process things quickly and quite frankly he is very awkward kind of like he is uncoordinated. It's like his brain is moving faster than his body. I know it sounds like I'm bashing him

He said it's personal. Leave him be.

May 13, 2019, 7:45 AM [ in reply to So USuCk Is Not Even In The Equation ]

"I didn’t think I was in a bad position at Clemson, but personal reasons are why I left."

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al CHAMPIONS!)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

He wanted to go somewhere with a Chick-fil-A.***

May 13, 2019, 8:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He said it's personal. Leave him be.

May 13, 2019, 10:42 AM [ in reply to He said it's personal. Leave him be. ]

That is what drew my attention as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chickens Eliminated Because He Wants To Go To Playoffs

May 13, 2019, 7:49 AM [ in reply to So USuCk Is Not Even In The Equation ]

This is extremely disappointing. In describing what he is looking for in a new school, he described Clemson. This makes no sense. He can spin it however he wants to spin it, but somebody has gotten in his ear. Turning his back on the team, especially if he goes to the Chickens or Bama. Sad. Very sad.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chickens Eliminated Because He Wants To Go To Playoffs

May 13, 2019, 3:29 PM

Really? Let this young be.....uuuggghhh

Re: Chickens Eliminated Because He Wants To Go To Playoffs

May 13, 2019, 3:31 PM

*young man be

No Matter How You Spin It

May 13, 2019, 8:45 AM [ in reply to So USuCk Is Not Even In The Equation ]

This is 100% about his placement on the depth chart. It’s not like he’s going to go to some school and start playing better by some act of magic or some divine miracle. He’s good, but he was beat out by ETN. I don’t see how he’s going to play better unless he goes to a division 2 school somewhere and plays against inferior defenses. I’m not sure he will have cohesion with any offensive lines across the college football spectrum like he has with Clemson. Besides, our offensive line is in the top three hands down. It’s not like he will play better with a lesser offensive line. I question his reasoning.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: No Matter How You Spin It

May 13, 2019, 9:09 AM

Seriously, he should go play for Auburn where Mus likes to run 65% of plays. Next he should either go to Arkansas and the Chad or go play with Zerrick Cooper, they have a decent team and he would be featured there!

I agree 110%, the 28 has been dishonored

May 13, 2019, 10:26 AM [ in reply to So USuCk Is Not Even In The Equation ]

I thought that when I first heard him crying about transferring before the National Championship game last year. It’s selfish. It’s poison. We don’t need poison in the locker room. He has to go, and now. That mindset spreads. He probably caught it from KB to be 100% honest! He thinks it betters his draft chances. Never. If he can’t be the top dog at Clemson, how will he be the top dog at ANY of the 32 NFL teams? Or, even a contributor? He’s not even on Wayne Gallmans level, and Gallman is barely holding a roster spot! The NFL is the top 1% of college college is the top 3-5% of high school. The grass doesn’t get greener going towards the NFL. It becomes a phone booth. You’re better off going against elite talent. Because, at the combine, and the NFL it becomes that much harder. He may play some. But, I don’t foresee a illustrious career. At RB, you have to be really elite, he just isn’t. He’s average. The hard truth is, he’s a undrafted free agent making league minimum, and will wash out in two years. He will end up selling Honda’s at #### Brooks in Spartanburg.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree 110%, the 28 has been dishonored

May 13, 2019, 12:02 PM

I don't see it as selfish at all. Was Brent Venables selfish when he left Oklahoma as the co-defensive coordinator because he wanted to be the main guy here?

It's not like Feaster is just a freshman giving up already or something, he was here for 3 seasons fighting for playing time. He did his job when called upon to do so, made several big plays for us, and stayed out of trouble.

You mention not being a main running back in the NFL if he can't be one here, and you also mention Gallman not playing much as a backup in the NFL. Well even as a backup, Gallman signed a 4 year deal worth over 2.8 million in total. That's a pretty good living IMO. Nobody says Feaster has to be a starter in the NFL to make it worth it to him. Also, I don't see how there's any shame in not being good enough to start over ETN who is likely the best running back in the country right now.

You end your comment by saying Feaster will end up selling cars for a living. Is that all you think he can do with a Clemson degree?

A good salesman at the right dealership is making 6 figures.

May 13, 2019, 1:17 PM

A degree doesn't necessarily guarantee anything...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How can he be #1 elsewhere- starting late August?

May 13, 2019, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree 110%, the 28 has been dishonored ]

There is no time to learn the plays.
This is totally different from BV.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh come on, it's a freaking jersey number.***

May 13, 2019, 2:44 PM [ in reply to I agree 110%, the 28 has been dishonored ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I agree 110%, the 28 has been dishonored

May 13, 2019, 3:37 PM [ in reply to I agree 110%, the 28 has been dishonored ]

These kids are treated like gods while being recruited, deservedly so but when you think you’re the greatest It has to be a cruel reality that there is always someone bigger, better, faster( enter ETN). Feaster, along with his advisors, seem to feel that same “slap in the face” Bryant said he felt. The real competitors stay and fight for their place not tweet out cryptic messages and start bemoaning their plight even before the biggest game of the season. That was selfish. I agree, he’s not worthy of the honor he was bestowed. That was an act of grace and belief in this young man by CJ. I don’t care where he goes, he just need to make his decision quickly because he’s had enough of the spotlight this off season. That light needs to shine on the Guys that still remain loyal and All In. Good luck Feaster.

May 13, 2019, 10:28 AM [ in reply to So USuCk Is Not Even In The Equation ]

Disappointment is understandable, I wanted to see Feaster play at his full potential this year, he seems to have struggled with injuries every year.

I think you crossed your own line of loyalty and honor when you slam Feaster's loyalty and honor.
I have no reason to question your loyalty and honor or Feaster's! Feaster is a grown man and has to make a grown man's decisions about the next step in his life. I support him in whatever decision he makes.

So...either Oklahoma or Alabama***

May 13, 2019, 11:44 AM [ in reply to So USuCk Is Not Even In The Equation ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I don't understand why the #28 thing is such a big deal.

May 13, 2019, 2:43 PM [ in reply to So USuCk Is Not Even In The Equation ]

Yes, Spiller was a great player for us, but C.J. was fine with Tavien getting to wear that number. By all accounts, Tavien has worked hard on and off the field and represented Clemson well. He is choosing to transfer because he feels it is best for him. We should respect that decision, whether he wears #28 or not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Spiller started it all

May 13, 2019, 6:32 PM

without CJ, doubt Dabo gets job. CJ believed in Dabo...twice. CJ coming back for his senior year, remarkable.

You beat me to it (your subject line)!

May 13, 2019, 3:05 PM [ in reply to So USuCk Is Not Even In The Equation ]

If he’s looking to go somewhere that has other high end talent around him, USuck is out

Roar Tigers

May 13, 2019, 3:19 PM [ in reply to So USuCk Is Not Even In The Equation ]

I completely agree.

Based on HIS words, Clemson is his best option based on

May 13, 2019, 7:21 AM

the mentioned criteria.

Re: Based on HIS words, Clemson is his best option based on

May 13, 2019, 7:30 AM

Kinda seemed that way to me too. But there's obviously something going on in the young man's mind that says he needs to be elsewhere. He seems to feel slighted by having been passed on the depth chart (see KB). No matter, he has been a valuable player and assuming he earns his degree, let's wish him well where ever he chooses to go.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Based on HIS words, Clemson is his best option based on

May 13, 2019, 7:37 AM

I think, like KB, he's been getting some questionable advice.

KB is playing football next year

May 13, 2019, 8:16 AM

If he stayed at Clemson, he wouldn't be unless it was arena or something. KB would have rode pine the rest of the year last year, now he has a chance to shine.

TF wan't more carries, the writing is on the wall if he stays here next year. He would be in the same place he was last year. Splitting 2/3 reps.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KB is playing football next year

May 13, 2019, 10:50 AM

I believe Neil has essentially nailed it!
It's probably the closest we'll get to the truth without getting into TF's mind.
Also, SPOT ON concerning K.Bryant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2019, 10:53 AM

TF should go to E.Carolina or usuc for what he THINKS is best for him.
(Guaranteed more carries and receptions)

May 13, 2019, 12:18 PM [ in reply to KB is playing football next year ]

He possibly is one injury away from being the guy, based on the depth chart at the end of Spring. I wish him well, but I don't see this as a great move for him. His decision, though, and I do wish him well, until he plays against us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Tavien Feaster says he'll "check the depth charts" before making a decision

May 13, 2019, 7:23 AM

Well I was holding out hope that he could change his mind and stay, but from the sound of it he is adamant on leaving. That is disappointing. He was never quite as good as advertised, but still a good back and a really good number 2. Hopefully ETN stays healthy and the drop off between Feaster and Dixon is not noticed.

He still has to graduate...

May 13, 2019, 7:27 AM

otherwise transferring and playing immediately won't be an option for him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: He still has to graduate...

May 13, 2019, 7:32 AM

in August. Are all these schools that are recruiting him going to hold a scholarship open for him thru August?

Re: He still has to graduate...

May 13, 2019, 10:56 AM [ in reply to He still has to graduate... ]

Yep, I've been waiting on that.
What are his options if he doesnt graduate this summer?
Would Dabo welcome him back?

I wouldn't

May 13, 2019, 1:07 PM

He's doing what he thinks is in his own best interest...

May 13, 2019, 5:17 PM

Once he graduates, no one should blame him for that.

If he doesn't graduate in August, it all becomes a moot point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I'm not holding it against him

May 13, 2019, 5:47 PM

Hmmm.... Feaster says "I want to go to a team where I'm not

May 13, 2019, 7:33 AM

the only good player.”... “I want to go to a team that has weapons around me. They already got weapons and I can come in and contribute, then hopefully we can get to the playoffs.”

That would seem to exclude USuC as a viable option...

I wish him well but his statements doesn't make a lot of sense to me - "I didn’t think I was in a bad position at Clemson, but personal reasons are why I left." Ok... If he is not currently not in "bad position" and wants to go to a team that has "weapons around" him where he can "contribute" and "get to the playoffs" then why in the world is he leaving Clemson? Whatever the personal reason (I suspect that is being the feature running back) it seems to be more important than everything else...

I kind of look at Feasters pending transfer the same as I did Scott Pagano - a good Clemson man that ultimately wants to be the "the guy" at his position. Pagano's transfer didn't really work out so great - probably would have been better if he had stayed at Clemson but maybe things will go better for Feaster.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hmmm.... Feaster says "I want to go to a team where I'm not

May 13, 2019, 12:06 PM

He's trying to say the right things which is causing some of what he's saying to not make sense. Maybe he has some unknown personal reasons, but I think we all assume those personal reasons are related to playing time. It sounds bad for him to just come out and say that he wants to go somewhere and become the featured, even if everyone knows that's what he's looking to do.

Re: Hmmm.... Feaster says "I want to go to a team where I'm not

May 13, 2019, 7:59 PM

TF is on the team that will make him the “go-to” guy, if he deserves it. Fact is that Etienne is that guy on our team. Really, just that simple, but he might be one injury away from stardom. He does not seem to think so, however, so he needs to do some soul searching , and figure it out.

Re: TNET: Tavien Feaster says he'll "check the depth charts" before making a decision

May 13, 2019, 7:41 AM

Don’t let the front door hit you where the good Lord split you.

Not that I don’t appreciate your contributions; you know it’s not like that. I was cheering hard for you - remember? I just have my personal reasons for wanting to move on.

WL

May 13, 2019, 7:42 AM

THE GRASS IS NEVER GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE.....STAY WHERE YOU ARE...THE MONEY COMES WITH LOYALTY ....AND HAVING THE BEST PLAYERS AROUND YOU..
GO TIGERS,!!

"personal reasons"

May 13, 2019, 7:45 AM

I kept reading that article wishing he would give a hint what his personal reasons are. Of course, that's a private matter.

Then the very last lines of the article made me think he's strictly concerned with the draft. He wants to be used in a way that makes his value rise with NFL scouts.

What about humility and character? Do NFL teams not value a player who puts team first? Wouldn't the combine allow him to showcase all his ability? I'm afraid Tavien's decision may be counterproductive.

Nothing against TF personally. He's always done everything the right way until now. Seems he'd serve himself better by dedicating himself to the team he's called his own and let the NFL value his willingness to bloom where he's planted.

His choice, of course, and no one can make his decisions for him. I wish him well. This just doesn't add up to me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: "personal reasons"

May 13, 2019, 8:21 AM

All of us have a right to change jobs. I have gone places where I thought the "grass was greener" and it was not. I hope for TF's sake he makes a good decision. With any company, if a person does not want to be there he/she should move on. Best of luck to TF.

Re: "personal reasons"

May 13, 2019, 8:47 AM [ in reply to "personal reasons" ]

If he’s running 2nd-3rd string RB, he’s likely not getting an invite to the combine. And the NFL would have 0 problem with him grad transferring somewhere else.

That's a good point. Maybe he wouldn't be

May 13, 2019, 9:49 AM

invited to the combine. Not really a refutation of my post, however, because we know Clemson would roll out the red carpet for Pro Day. Dabo, personally, would set the table for all 32 NFL teams' representatives to "feast" (see what I did there?) on Clemson talent.

I hope TF is helping his cause. He deserves whatever he can accomplish. I just don't know what he's doing is helping himself.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feaster would definitely get an invite to the combine

May 13, 2019, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Re: "personal reasons" ]

if he stays healthy, gets 600+ yards on the season behind a 1500+ yard ETN, and shows well on film that he can catch the ball and isn't afraid to get in pass pro or run between the tackles so teams will hesitate to key on him as an off tackle/out on the edge runner...

Clemson's brand would get him a Senior Bowl and combine invite just like it did Huggins. but sure, his draft status would be totally up in the air, just as it is right now...

No he wouldn’t, and I’d bet a hefty sum on it

May 13, 2019, 11:41 AM

If Huggins doesn’t start in the playoff, he wasn’t getting a combine invite and Feaster transferring doesn’t hurt his Senior Bowl prospects.

Going somewhere to get more carries helps his prospects at making more money in an NFL career that likely lasts 5 years or less. So if he’s a 1 contract guy, as a lot of RB’s are, getting 2nd/3rd team carries at Clemson this year doesn’t help his value that much.

And he will already have 2 titles and a Clemson degree so the argument that he won’t have the benefit of the “Clemson brand” doesn’t hold water. Haven’t been able to confirm this but I’m told that NFL scouts actually go look at other schools too.

Fact is, Clemson can’t offer the carries that he needs to best fill out his NFL resume.

wow... you can certainly take a comment and flip the context

May 13, 2019, 1:00 PM

like a pro...
"If Huggins doesn’t start in the playoff, he wasn’t getting a combine invite and Feaster transferring doesn’t hurt his Senior Bowl prospects."
- I never said his Senior Bowl prospects would be hurt. He gets a Senior Bowl invite primarily because he is, well, a Senior and a known commodity. Also, you don't know if Huggins gained that combine invite by starting in the playoff or not, because Huggins also is a known commodity

"Going somewhere to get more carries helps his prospects at making more money in an NFL career that likely lasts 5 years or less. So if he’s a 1 contract guy, as a lot of RB’s are, getting 2nd/3rd team carries at Clemson this year doesn’t help his value that much."
- there is a lot more that goes into NFL evals than JUST getting more carries; it's actually what he DOES with those carries that can increase his value to the NFL (see Peyton Hillis who was 3rd string behind Darren McFadden and Felix Jones at ARK, who supplanted our very own James Davis with the Browns)

"And he will already have 2 titles and a Clemson degree so the argument that he won’t have the benefit of the “Clemson brand” doesn’t hold water. Haven’t been able to confirm this but I’m told that NFL scouts actually go look at other schools too."
- NEVER did I state that he won't have the Clemson Brand, NEVER did I state that scouts don't scout other schools

"Fact is, Clemson can’t offer the carries that he needs to best fill out his NFL resume."
- NOT TRUE... Clemson CAN offer the carries that he needs for his resume, but MUCH more important than what Clemson offers is what TF DOES with the carries offered... I bet a career avg of nearly 6 ypc at Clemson will get the attention of scouts rather than a one year average of less than 4 ypc at a different school that doesn't have "weapons around him" so that he just steps in to contribute. To secure his NFL future, he can't afford a drop off in production as a transfer, and that's a fact...

All your backtracking aside

May 13, 2019, 1:15 PM

Huggins wasn’t going to the combine without him stepping up in Dex’s shoes in the CFP because you can’t point to anything else he did that would get him a combine invite just because backups don’t get those invites. Most starters don’t get those invites.

He will still be a known commodity if he goes elsewhere. In fact, I’d argue his transfer would get him more attention than if he stayed. Are this many people talking about KB this off-season if he was backing up TL? No.

Getting 6 carries a game, mostly in garbage time, isn’t going to help his NFL chances nearly as much as getting 15 a game somewhere else. If he’s averaging 4 YPC in a 180 carry season vs 6 YPC in a 75 carry season, that’s a big difference.

If you argue in the affirmative that he has the Clemson brand if he stays, then you’d have to mean he wouldn’t have the Clemson brand if he went elsewhere otherwise it bears no weight in the argument if he has it both places.

Anyone with a brain that knows how the NFL works would know that him splitting carries with Dixon as ETN’s backups is not as good as getting feature back carries somewhere else. Just being a good college player at Clemson doesn’t get you drafted, ask Fields, Hyatt, or Lamar.

Just WOW....

May 13, 2019, 2:40 PM

you make inferences that can't be substantiated, state opinion as fact, misconstrue opposing statements to fit your view, are willing to ignore facts that exist because they don't fit your view and deem those who may have a point of disagreement with you as not being intelligent.... this is a message board fella, not a convening of Mensa Int. to find a cure for cancer...

so with that, I bid you a good day! ??

Both could be true.They aren't exclusionary...***

May 13, 2019, 1:23 PM [ in reply to "personal reasons" ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who are we to judge?!!

May 13, 2019, 7:52 AM

Feaster says there're PERSONAL REASONS. Let the kid handle HIS problems HIS own way.

Best of luck to you Tavien and thanks for the memories.

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al CHAMPIONS!)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

While I understand and respect Tavian's decision

May 13, 2019, 8:03 AM

to play his last year somewhere that he can be the starter, I can't accept his feeling that it would be OK for him to go to South Carolina. If you truly have Clemson in your heart, that ain't ever going to happen. I'm both a Spartanburg High and Clemson grad and I just can't see myself pulling for Tavian if he goes down that road. (Unless his intent is to fumble three times against us I guess).

Personal reasons is code word for selfish reasons.

May 13, 2019, 8:17 AM

It's about him not team and quite frankly when it comes to Clemson Football there is no room for that. This is a good choice for both parties.

Please, tell me more.... You seem to know.***

May 13, 2019, 1:24 PM

May 13, 2019, 8:17 AM

Texas wasn't mentioned in the article, but I know they've been in contact from reliable sources. Austin is cool and Texas is on its way back for sure. They won 10 games last year and dominated Georgia in the Sugar Bowl after being laughed at beforehand. It was total domination if you saw the game and not just the score.
QB Sam Ehlinger is Tim Tebow 2 but with a better arm and Collin Johnson is an uncoverable 6-6 receiver and they have recruited top 3 classes the past 2 seasons. OL has improved dramatically and added Georgia Tech grad transfer All ACC OG Parker Braun. Oklahoma is at the top of the Big 12, but Texas beat them and probably should have beaten them in the Big 12 championship game.

RB depth chart has 4 guys, but one is a true freshman that was recruited as a WR, but he ran for over 300 yards and broke Eric Dickerson's state record in a championship game. With lack of bodies at RB, they tried him there in the spring game.
One RB is the older brother of Collin Johnson and has been injured for 4 straight years. Another is a big fullback type of guy that plays little.

Yep, Texas would be a great spot for Feaster. He would start instantly and might go over 1,000 yards.

Alabama would be a stupid choice and terrible coach Moosechump at South Carolina would be a mistake unless he just wants to stay in his home state. I'm thinking Moosechump gets fired this year, anyway at they suck yet again.

Go west young man.

May 13, 2019, 8:18 AM

Oh, and Oklahoma sucks.

May 13, 2019, 8:58 AM

Do burning coaches count as weapons? If so, USuCk has plenty of weapons around him.

My guess: he doesn't want to be the "other Clemson RB" in

May 13, 2019, 9:12 AM

the draft next year. Assuming Travis leaves after this season, he would once again be behind Travis, this time in the draft. He's probably looking for a place with a good line where he can be the man, both during the season and entering the draft. The 28 jersey part of this does bother me. Certainly not all in.

Message was edited by: Lakedude®

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's going to be behind Etienne in the draft no matter what.

May 13, 2019, 9:29 AM

The 'personal reasons' thing in the same breath with 'I wasn't unhappy with my position at Clemson' or however he said it,... I agree with the previous poster who said he's getting bad advice from somewhere. He's one high ankle sprain from being the starter on a team that developed him from just being a track guy, and knew exactly how to use him. I wish him well, but he's not going to pass Etienne on the draft board and his combine performance would/could have solidified his status regardless of where he plays.

May 13, 2019, 9:14 AM

Feaster certainly has been an interesting case. His recruitment, former 5-star we were all extremely excited to see pick the Tigers, then the knee injury and subsequent setbacks. Then a promising comeback on the field being the featured back only, and unexpectedly, to be beat out by ETN now jockeying for PT with and possibility of being a 3rd string. I get the transfer idea if he is considering his NFL potential. I don't love it, I think he is a fantastic player and has been a great representative for Clemson and has every right to put his future in front of him. One of my favorite lines from a TV broadcast "Tavien Feater how about it?! Tigers Roar!" against NC State. On the other hand, I think he is walking a fine line. In his situation, saying less is saying more. I get that he has his future but he really painted a picture of Clemson as being his ideal school in these words. Really get confusing as to why he's leaving. Also, as someone sporting the CJ Spiller #28, I can't fathom him even considering UofSC. Or Alabama. I think he would change his perception with Clemson fans completely if he chooses either of those schools given our history with them. That being said, he seems like a good young man who has a difficult decision ahead of him. I have a tough time rooting against someone of his caliber regardless of his decision but I don't think I could possibly cheer for someone who spurns his teammates and goes to either of those schools. That's just a bad look.

May 13, 2019, 10:15 AM

He can do what is best. One thing I have always thought about TF from day 1. He sure as heck doesn’t hit the hole like Wayne Gallman did. Gallman was looking to run over people full speed. TF slows down. I am no expert on the matter, maybe his method is just different. I just really appreciated Gallman’s effort, and I think that effort is what got him where he is.

May 13, 2019, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tavien Feaster says he'll "check the depth charts" before making a decision ]

All these comments about #28 would be a non-subject if we had started the practice of retiring jerseys instead of numbers. This will bite us again down the road.

May 13, 2019, 9:20 AM

I wish him the best of luck, but I don't see how taking his time right now and finding a fit, then coming in to a new team in August and trying to learn a whole new playbook/terminology and create trusting team relationships in a few weeks is going to put him in a great position to be the first one out of the gate on any team. At best, most of the year he will be placed only in positions where they can trust him and he'll share the load just like he would do here. He's a really good back when healthy though so maybe the transition won't be as bad as I think it might.

I wish him luck

May 13, 2019, 9:35 AM

but this sounds like another example of a player soon finding out that the grass isn't always greener someplace else (ex. Baker, Pagano).

Also, wouln't it make more sense to go to a team where he DOES stand out as elite talent? If he goes to Oklahoma or Bama he'll be used pretty much the same way. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

Re: I wish him luck

May 13, 2019, 9:56 AM

The only reason Bama is talking to him is to gain info in our playbook and system. He won’t play any more there than he would at Clemson. That is how Bama would “use” him.

This is a laughable take

May 13, 2019, 11:44 AM

Bama has a horde of former coaches that break down every second of film. There’s nothing Feaster knows that they don’t already know.

Re: This is a laughable take

May 13, 2019, 12:18 PM

Exactly. Bama pretty much knew all of our plays before our game with them last year, just as we knew theirs, outside of whatever wrinkles were worked in such as the shovel pass touchdown. Coaches are always changing signals throughout the season to prevent those things from being picked up on as well. If Feaster could tell anyone something about our playbook before a game next season that could hurt us then that's just poor coaching on our part.

Re: This is a laughable take

May 13, 2019, 12:41 PM [ in reply to This is a laughable take ]

I wouldn't necessarily believe that's entirely true. Better hope the coaches haven't yet revamped their play calling boards for 2019. I do believe that is intel a player could have that film study wouldn't necessarily give you.

They do most of their install in fall camp

May 13, 2019, 2:52 PM

Which Feaster wouldn’t be a part of. But I’d also be willing to bet that they have people trying to decipher opponents play calls, especially with a month to prepare.

It could just be they think he’s a pretty good football player and reached out to gauge his interest. But the thought that they’d burn a scholarship just to try to find intel on Clemson is pretty funny.

That comment was merely to deflect the

May 13, 2019, 10:00 AM [ in reply to I wish him luck ]

perception that he's sulking over his lack of carries. OF COURSE this is about his number of carries. Does anyone think he'd be transferring if he were the starter?

Suggestion/Request: Can TNET spend less time on transfers?

May 13, 2019, 10:02 AM

I get the decisions they make and why, and I wish them the best, but they're no longer with our team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wish he would look at it from the long view

May 13, 2019, 11:20 AM

bottom line - no matter if he stays or goes, it will not make a huge impact to his NFL chances. Long odds that he's not going to be a Top 1-3 round pick. Late round or FA at best, right?

If he stays, he gets 20-25% of the carries, catches some passes, maybe makes the playoff again, totes off a few more rings. But he's a Tiger forever. Comes back to campus for 10, 20, 30 year reunions and celebrations. Hangs out on the sidelines whenever he wants with other former players. Maybe even gets an GA job or something.

If he leaves for OU (or anybody), he won't be viewed the same way. He won't be able to do those same things. Sure, maybe he could come back for the 2028 Championship team reunion. But it won't be the same. Like with Kelly Bryant. He was a part of the 2016 team, but will Clemson fans view him the same as say, Albert Huggins, who could have left for more playing time but didn't?

Feaster needs to stay a Tiger, and keep all the post-football career benefits intact. Look at the lifetime view, not just the next 2-3 years. It's the wise choice.

He can still do all those things

May 13, 2019, 11:49 AM

Here’s a scenario for you:
Would you stay at the job you’re at now because they have reunions and things you could be a part of?
Now I’m going to offer you a job where you move away for a year and make 40% more over the next 5 than you did with your previous job that had the reunions and after that 5 years your earning potential gets cut by 75% for the next 20 years in either job.

That’s essentially the situation that Feaster is in. He’s gambling on himself that he can improve his draft stock to maximize his earning potential in a very short career window. He’s got his degree and 2 rings, just wish him well and support him.

Re: He can still do all those things

May 13, 2019, 6:13 PM

He will not have that until August. He can graduate in August if he has all of the required credits

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

He has a Clemson diploma

May 13, 2019, 6:04 PM [ in reply to wish he would look at it from the long view ]

that makes him a Tiger forever

To me, personal reasons = it's not you, it's me line

May 13, 2019, 11:30 AM

Of course it's you, he just doesn't want to say this and cast the blame on someone else

May 13, 2019, 11:37 AM

I don't know if he is getting bad advice, his feelings are hurt, or if he is just a little confused about the best move for his future, but staying here, in my opinion, will be the best he could possibly ask for regarding a future in the NFL. He will get plenty of playing time and if he exhibits all of the skill traits - speed, agility, toughness, etc. he will get a shot at making an NFL team. No other place will give him the same opportunity. I just wish he would realize it. I wouldn't want to have to go to another school and learn another playbook and get comfortable in a new system.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2019, 12:25 PM

It depends on what you consider plenty of playing time to be. Last year he averaged 5 carries per game, and less than 1 catch per game.

The most carries he got in a game was 10 against Georgia Southern which was the only game he had with double digit carries. The most catches he had in a game was 2 which he did 3 times. He had 7 games with 3 or fewer carries, 8 games with 4 carries or fewer, and only 6 games with 6 or more carries.

We can debate whether leaving to play somewhere else will help his NFL chances or not, but he wasn't going to get very much playing time at Clemson unless ETN went down with an injury, and even then there's a good chance that he'd be backing up Dixon.

May 13, 2019, 12:56 PM

He has had plenty of snaps over his career and I know that you know enough about football that a running back is not judged on carries and yardage gained alone. Run blocking, pass blocking, receiving, etc. are very important. That is why you often don't see a player with a lot of rushing yards the first back taken in the draft. I just think his exposure here at Clemson will be a lot more beneficial that going somewhere else. I hope I am wrong and that he has a 1500 yard season.

May 13, 2019, 11:39 AM

I am not sure how true this is, but I heard that Feaster had been in Coach Elliot's doghouse.

May 13, 2019, 1:26 PM

TF has always impressed me with his straight line speed, but I have always questioned his patience and ability to read and follow blocks. Seems like the spread requires more patience, less speed. Hitting a hole too early=BAD.

Good luck, Tavien.

May 13, 2019, 12:01 PM

So it seems he knows he can't move Etienne(no college back can), he seems worried that Dixon will be #2, so looking for an easier path to playing time. I understand the wanting to play part, but face it, if you are the #3 back on any college team your chances in the NFL aren't great. Like Cris Carter said, stay and play through it, make your best effort but don't play for the next year, play for the next 40 years of your life. The relationships and contacts he will have will carry him along way in life rather than just being a memory and oh yeah he played a couple years here and left.

I don’t get the “he’s a traitor because of his jersey number” arguments...

May 13, 2019, 12:46 PM

A few years ago we had another player that wore a retired jersey and much like Feaster, he played here for three years, graduated and moved on. The only difference is that Deshaun went pro and Feaster is going to another school. Feaster is graduating which is (hopefully) what he came here to do. I support him and hope that he represents Clemson well as a graduate in the rest of his college and pro career.

Not sure why, but I have a feeling Oklahoma would be a good

May 13, 2019, 1:39 PM

fit for him. However, if he wants to stay close to home (sometimes that's why things are personal) then I can see him going to SC. I hate that he can go to someone we play during the regular season though. Playoffs are different so OU or Bama doesn't bother me. I wish him the best though.

a quick look at the roster, and you have a point

May 13, 2019, 3:06 PM

other than the true freshman coming in, i'm unfamiliar with their platoon of backs, although, that true frosh is supposed to be pretty good.

Tavien Feaster can be #2 @ Clemson AND IF

May 13, 2019, 3:20 PM

ETN goes down, he can be #1. Where else can he get that deal, and with a chance to win yet another National Championship?!?!

Tavien Feaster can be #2 @ Clemson AND IF

May 13, 2019, 3:20 PM

ETN goes down, he can be #1. Where else can he get that deal, and with a chance to win yet another National Championship?!?!

Ronnie Brown couldn’t beat out Cadillac Williams

May 13, 2019, 4:00 PM

But.....He stayed at Auburn, was drafted higher and had a better pro career. Bottom line is if you can play, the NFL will find you. Wrong or Right Combine and Senior Bowl > raw stats. Look at DK Metcalf whose production was dwarfed by AJ Brown

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 92
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic