Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney on Boulware's comments about grabbing players
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney on Boulware's comments about grabbing players

Jan 7, 2017, 11:30 AM

Swinney on Boulware's comments about grabbing players

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks Dabo, unfortunately Boulware's reaction has been one

Jan 7, 2017, 11:35 AM

of three top stories on ESPN all week! BAD PUB (pubic publicity)! GO AFTER ONE BALL TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think Ben has a future in PR

Jan 7, 2017, 11:39 AM

Just sayin'

Re: I don't think Ben has a future in PR

Jan 7, 2017, 11:56 AM

I agree, Ben will never make a living in a Public Relations firm any where in the country. But he will be a h&ll of a FB player for some team. I don't think that I would want to go out drinking with him any where. After a couple of drinks that fire would be lit just waiting for some gas to be thrown on it to get it blazing!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2017, 12:13 PM [ in reply to I don't think Ben has a future in PR ]

We can't justify this nor should we support the players answers.

Jan 8, 2017, 2:27 AM

I'm sorry but Ben is right about one thing for sure. This whole thing has been completely blown out of proportion! When Wilkins apologized and Dabo said that was the end of it, it should have been completely over. All of the additional comments and articles were and are nothing but attempts to keep it alive and hurt Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2017, 8:12 AM

Absolutely!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Based on recent history....

Jan 7, 2017, 12:14 PM [ in reply to I don't think Ben has a future in PR ]

he may have a shot at POTUS!

Go Tigers!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2017, 11:28 PM [ in reply to I don't think Ben has a future in PR ]

True, but his statement were correct.

Not really bad publicity at all. Most guys are goofy ...

Jan 7, 2017, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Thanks Dabo, unfortunately Boulware's reaction has been one ]

Sometimes inappropriate, sometimes not politically correct, like to mess with someone in fun etc.

Grayson Allen tripping players and Suh stomping on players is dirty play.

Re: Thanks Dabo, unfortunately Boulware's reaction has been one

Jan 7, 2017, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Thanks Dabo, unfortunately Boulware's reaction has been one ]

If you want to understand the motivation for Big Ben speaking out then read the article on Ben and family on the bleacherreport. It was posted as a link post 2 days ago on tnet.

It's a fantastic article and you will come out with a better understanding and respect for this fine young man. He would probably make a good PR person one day.

I'm proud of him defending his brother on the team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks Dabo, unfortunately Boulware's reaction has been one

Jan 7, 2017, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Thanks Dabo, unfortunately Boulware's reaction has been one ]

Thanks, Dabo, for setting Boulware straight! I was so hoping you would. It's hard to understand how some of these guys mouth off, considering they know what Dabo stands for!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish Wilkins had not done it, Bulware not try to justify .

Jan 7, 2017, 11:35 AM

may be at bottom of pile all sorts of things happen, need not be in public. Dabo is right, in appropriate and hopefully not what we are. This may cost us yet.

Come on tigers, play ball, let your play and TFLs do the talking ( and grabbing!)

Re: I wish Wilkins had not done it, Bulware not try to justify .

Jan 7, 2017, 11:42 AM

Boulware needs to zip it and move on.

Re: I wish Wilkins had not done it, Bulware not try to justify .

Jan 7, 2017, 11:50 AM [ in reply to I wish Wilkins had not done it, Bulware not try to justify . ]

Whatever, you looser Coot!! U guys want to try to keep making this a story. U think we practice that kind of thing at Clemson. What we practice at Clemson is whipping your tails by 49 points, that's what we practice, Coot!!

you need to stop seeing a coot around every corner...

Jan 7, 2017, 11:57 AM

I suggest professional help.

Double clemson engineering grad here.

Re: you need to stop seeing a coot around every corner...

Jan 7, 2017, 11:58 AM

COOT!!!

Re: you need to stop seeing a coot around every corner...

Jan 7, 2017, 12:01 PM [ in reply to you need to stop seeing a coot around every corner... ]

Whatever, cooty coot!!!

what degrees do you have from Clemson? What was your GPA?

Jan 7, 2017, 12:12 PM

This coot obsession is a disease on our fan base.

Re: what degrees do you have from Clemson? What was your GPA?

Jan 7, 2017, 12:22 PM

My degree in '91, my GPA & my labeling of you a "coot" is none of your damnnn business, you Old Coot!! I don't care if you went to Clemson or not...you're still a Coot! All I had to do was look at your rating to know!

Re: FB Update: Swinney on Boulware's comments about grabbing players

Jan 7, 2017, 11:47 AM

really annoyed and disappointed this issue came up. Clemson doesnt want to be known or remembered for this stupid junk.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. You can bet the refs will really be

paying attention to the slightest thing now. Just play football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2017, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney on Boulware's comments about grabbing players ]

Plus it will get us a 15 yd. penalty (as Ron Cherry says) for giving the business!!!

Bama fires their OC between CFP games and this is news?

Please, spare me the drama and get to a real discussion.

I think Bama fired Kiffen to give their mothers (ESPiN) an excuse.

I bet anyone here 50 Tnet Points that the headlines on ESPiN Tuesday morning will be "Did the firing of Lane Kiffen play a part in Alabama's loss?" Perhaps something very similar which contains or generates a definite question.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you're abso-freakin-lutely right!! I'm beginning to think we

Jan 7, 2017, 11:43 PM

beat Bama soundly and Kiffin will be the 'squirrel!' talking point

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We could always make up shirts that say

Jan 7, 2017, 12:02 PM

Grab 'em by the pu$$y!
Clemson 31 Ohio State 0

LOL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point ... Yes LOL***

Jan 7, 2017, 12:15 PM

I love that the fanbase in the armpit of the state...

Jan 7, 2017, 12:16 PM [ in reply to We could always make up shirts that say ]

keep talking about this, all the while wearing their "You Can't Lick Our #####!" T-shirts.

Go Tigers!!

Re: I love that the fanbase in the armpit of the state...

Jan 7, 2017, 12:23 PM

Lol, good point!

Re: I love that the fanbase in the armpit of the state...

Jan 9, 2017, 8:24 AM [ in reply to I love that the fanbase in the armpit of the state... ]

Why do that why u r the armpit?

Jan 7, 2017, 12:49 PM

The sad part is, everybody knows he's right. Everybody knows who those people are, the ones that Ben is describing. As true as it is, you can't speak your mind today. And Dabo has to do the politically correct thing and issue apologies for it. If this was that big of a deal, I think the kid from Ohio state and Scar would have been a little more upset when it happened. It can't be all serious all the time, u gotta joke around a little bit when u are shutting out the 3rd best team in the country and giving up only 7 to the 153rd best team in the country

Jan 7, 2017, 1:05 PM

You can speak your mind today...but sometimes there are repercussions, as in this case. I agree with many others here...Ben should just shut up and play football. You don't need distractions before a game (especially this one) and yet we just can't keep from shooting ourselves in the foot.

On a comical note...anyone here watch 'Ballers' on HBO? I swear the character 'Travis' in season 2 could be based on Ben Boulware.

Jan 7, 2017, 1:18 PM

U guys are the only ones obsessing over a 19-20 yr old kid who was horsing around on the football field...for crying out loud, it's not like he was working at an accounting job and went over and goosed his secretary in the ####! U guys need to chill the F out and let it go!! After all, from my standpoint, Wilkins was just checking to see if the OSU guy had a pair of nuts because they sure weren't playing like they did!! They should've also check every player on SCARs roster! No, let it go you guys/gals who are so uptight and PC...move on and put your energy into beating Bama, like our players & coaches are doing!!

Jan 7, 2017, 6:58 PM

orangeman, you are a piece of work.Lol, carry on...I think.

Jan 7, 2017, 10:39 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney on Boulware's comments about grabbing players ]

100??

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jan 7, 2017, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney on Boulware's comments about grabbing players ]

U guys are the only ones obsessing over a 19-20 yr old kid who was horsing around on the football field...for crying out loud, it's not like he was working at an accounting job and went over and goosed his secretary in the ####! U guys need to chill the F out and let it go!! After all, from my standpoint, Wilkins was just checking to see if the OSU guy had a pair of nuts because they sure weren't playing like they did!! They should've also check every player on SCARs roster! No, let it go you guys/gals who are so uptight and PC...move on and put your energy into beating Bama, like our players & coaches are doing!!

Jan 7, 2017, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney on Boulware's comments about grabbing players ]

suspension_________________________________

Jan 7, 2017, 1:47 PM

throw him off the team right after the Championship Game !!!!!!_____________ don't let him play a single play next year for Clemson !!!!! that'll teach him !~!!!!

gona' miss ya' Ben !!!!!!

Jan 7, 2017, 1:48 PM

Face it - Boulware's immaturity and inability to control himself at times - the late hit penalties, the suplex moves, the choking, and his occasional stupid press comments, have been hurting him and this program for the last 4 years. He's a very good player and does many things right, but he has to learn to exercise better judgment. Really surprised at Wilkins. Thought he was smarter than this. I know they aren't pros yet, but I'm old school and would like to see the Tigers play with more class.

LOL. 56-7 and free piggy-back rides into the endzone.

Jan 7, 2017, 1:55 PM

You losers are so pathetic.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 7, 2017, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney on Boulware's comments about grabbing players ]

Another Coot alert...read earlier comments, dork!

Jan 7, 2017, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney on Boulware's comments about grabbing players ]

If only there were more people on this board with common sense like you unlike the guy who is using pc culture to excuse things that shouldn't be a part of our team are a ok.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2017, 2:31 PM

Hey bro, I'll let u in on a little secret....it's football..it's a game!! If you have a problem with teenage kids doing things a little outside of the lines on the field then chess club meets at 3pm on Wednesdays...I suggest you join that game!

You can't handle the truth

Jan 7, 2017, 2:28 PM

Be yourself Mr. Boulware. I appreciate your honesty, your passion and your right to speak your mind. All of you who want to keep him quiet

GROW SOME NADS.

Anyone who would want keep a Clemson man from speaking, be ashamed

No one is talking about Bama player who took swing at player

Jan 7, 2017, 10:46 PM

in their playoff game against Washington!?!?!

I do think this grabbing and poking needs to be addressed by ALL teams.
Somehow this incident needs to blow over.
Local cootlumbia sports talk fans have tried to compare it to the Kermit Washington basketball hit, which is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous.

I cannot justify what Wilkins did, but he was not trying to deliver physical pain. I understand there can be lots of painful poking and grabbing under piles of players. This was out in the open and the intent was not to deliver physical pain.

Let's put this in perspective. Let's stop doing it. Let's make sure everyone stops doing it. And if it is not to be tolerated, make it a penalty.

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic