Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I wish Deon Cain the best of luck in the NFL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,177

I wish Deon Cain the best of luck in the NFL

Jan 10, 2018, 12:09 PM

He has indeed made some big plays as a tiger , and seems to have learned from his off field issues.

I have a hard time seeing him as a lock to make a long run at the NFL level for one and only one reason.

He does not have the hands to be a #1 or #2 WR at the next level. I could be wrong , as I was not sure thT Martavious Bryant was going to stick in the league either.

I hop that I am wrong , but he needs to light things up in NFL workouts and the combine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You sirius Clark?

Jan 10, 2018, 12:22 PM

Bryant was not out of the league due to his hands. He was out of the league due to depression and his substance abuse. Unless Cain has the same problems, then that is not a fair comparison at all.

And Cain actually does have strong hands. He is far from a "body-catcher" like Artavis Scott. He's only dropped a few passes all year long. And they have just been because of a lack of focus, not because of his hands. I promise you that NFL GM's will look right past that when they see his 40 time and highlights.

Also don't forget that he did not have quite the best QB throwing to him this year and they did not really get into a rhythm due to lack of targets.

He has the size, speed, athleticism and hands of a typical #1 receiver. He makes excellent back shoulder catches, can burn you over the top, can make yards after the catch on short throws, can go up and get 50/50 balls.... the guy is exactly what you want, if he can just get comfortable with a QB and stay focused.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: You sirius Clark?

Jan 10, 2018, 12:26 PM

Correct on all points, only thing I didn't see you mention was he played pretty much out of position this year. He was not a Mike Williams type of body but he was the best we had at that position this year.

He will line up across from the big body receiver in the NFL and move to the slot some as well and do just fine, he has the explosiveness that NFL teams drool over.

People should also look at some of the amazing catches he did make in his time at Clemson, especially in the Louisville game last year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, agreed. He is a bigger OBJ***

Jan 10, 2018, 12:34 PM

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: You sirius Clark?

Jan 10, 2018, 1:14 PM [ in reply to You sirius Clark? ]

i said I was Wrong about Bryant. I do not think Cain has great hands

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wish Deon Cain the best of luck in the NFL

Jan 10, 2018, 12:23 PM

When is the Spring Game? April 7th or April 14th?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was a beast against Loserville in 2016.

Jan 10, 2018, 1:57 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN26eRwvPGM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: I wish Deon Cain the best of luck in the NFL

Jan 10, 2018, 2:47 PM

I don't see his hands as a big concern. I think people are holding the drop in the Bama game against him, which as someone mentioned above, was more in trying to run up the field before securing the ball. I'm not sure I see him being a #1 guy, but he can easily make a long living in the NFL as a #2. I'll always have good memories of him, and it was the huge play by him last year that got our offense going against Bama.

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,177
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic