Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I will never understand it. Just never will....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 88
| visibility 1

I will never understand it. Just never will....

Aug 27, 2015, 3:29 PM

If the rumors that Reeder is taking a leave because of a substance problem/drug test failure (weed or whatever)...then I don't get it.

Battle already was dismissed because of multiple violations with weed. Even Sammy was caught with weed. Rumor was that Shaq Anthony transferred...because he was caught multiple times with weed and dismissed. I don't get it.

Who can forget Duane Coleman's "We done smoked it" line.

And now Martavis is facing a 4-game suspension. Now we don't know what substance he was abusing, but lets assume its weed and not something stronger (or not something steroid related). I don't get it.

How DIFFICULT can it be to refrain when you have ZERO to gain from it? When you have plenty on the line (DJ has a chance at the NFL with a good season; Martavis was listed as the NFL's #1 prospect for this season, just this morning). Nevermind your scholarship as a college kid, or your job as a Pro. How can it be THAT important???

I'll never get it. Just won't. "Aw, but if they would just legalize it." .....Hate that argument. If its against the rules, then just don't do it. Period. Why would you allow something like that to affect your career? If your boss says I'm going to pay you millions, but you can't do a few certain things, then you just plain suck it up and don't do it! Play for as long as you can, make your money, and if that's your bag (no pun intended) then move to Colorado and retire.

I'm not going to pretend to know if this was the case for DJ and Martavis. I hope not. But in either situation, its got to be something they knew they shouldn't be doing.

"Aw, but they are just young adults and it's not that big a deal." .......Garbage. It is a big deal because there are rules in place that say don't do it. And this isn't just a Clemson issue...it is happening at a lot of schools I'd bet.

Hate hearing this. I truly hope for the all parties, even those that have been dismissed, that they don't let something like this ruin your opportunity. Like Dabo says..."prepare for an opportunity, even if it never comes. Better to be prepared with no opportunity, than to get one and be unprepared."

Sometimes personal decisions can be at the absolute worst times. I'm starting to understand the frustration you could hear in Dabo's voice the other day, not to mention BV didn't even want to talk.

Cmon guys. Make the best of your opportunity. Life is too short. The guys that respect that opportunity are the ones that will get respect. You are still Clemson Tigers.

One week away.

GO TIGERS

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What do you mea you have zero to gain from weed?

Aug 27, 2015, 3:33 PM

have you ever sold any?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2015, 3:40 PM

That chit goes for over a hundred a quarter now days

Aug 27, 2015, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: What do you mea you have zero to gain from weed? ]

Haha that was funny. Great post and an intelligent plea, however I think we would be great suprised and disappointed at the percentage of players who smoke weed. I used to work with some young guys who knew some of the players and partied with them. Several of the ones who they mentioned have been "caught". It seems like sometimes some of them learn from their mistakes, while others continue to do wrong. It is human nature.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

Re: I will never understand it. Just never will....

Aug 27, 2015, 3:38 PM

"I got high and forgot I wasn't supposed to get high" - Ricky Williams

Re: Afroman's scok?***

Aug 27, 2015, 3:47 PM

Aug 27, 2015, 3:46 PM

Why is this thread being rerun?

Why is it the less people know about something, the more they're absolutely convinced they know what has happened? They're like nosy neighbors.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like you need to smoke a J and relax.***

Aug 27, 2015, 3:47 PM

Aug 27, 2015, 3:49 PM

Maybe they just like smoking weed.

What if your boss told you you couldn't do something you enjoyed that wouldn't harm anyone but MAYBE yourself, and even the harms to yourself were minimal?

Makes no sense for the NFL to have anything on it's substance abuse policy that doesn't give a player an unfair advantage.

Blows my mind how people think it's ok to go home and pour a substance down your throat that kills thousands of people in this country every year, yet it's not ok to light up a joint that won't do anything but make you happy, hungry, and then sleepy.

Aug 27, 2015, 4:10 PM

Its the old " Don't eat that apple " routine .

People ALWAYS eat the apple .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

It is not week that it is the issue it is rules vs wants

Aug 27, 2015, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Re: I will never understand it. Just never will.... ]

if my boss said you are getting a $1 million bonus but no eating burritos, you will NOT see my ### at Taco Bell

Re: It is not week that it is the issue it is rules vs wants

Aug 27, 2015, 4:43 PM

What I you ate burritos in private, but the down side was these burritos stayed in you system for 2-4 weeks.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is a terrible thought ...***

Aug 27, 2015, 6:05 PM

Aug 27, 2015, 4:56 PM [ in reply to It is not week that it is the issue it is rules vs wants ]

No, but you would just go down the street and get something you like at Mcdonalds.

What if your coach said you couldn't eat anything but baked chicken and drink water? Nothing else because it was bad for you.

How would you feel about that?

Aug 27, 2015, 6:13 PM

^^^don't listen to this Junkie. It says Junkie right there in his avatar.

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

Aug 27, 2015, 8:31 PM

Marijuana use among teenagers however is very dangerous and is not good for the developing brain.

JonnyDangerously is the perfect example.

Aug 28, 2015, 6:29 AM [ in reply to Re: I will never understand it. Just never will.... ]

Jhop , it is real simple . One is legal the other isn't . I am not saying that the laws are correct but they are the laws we live under . If you choose to smoke an illegal substance then you bring the consequences on yourself .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If there is anything better then being a Clemson Tiger , I haven't found it yet.

Aug 28, 2015, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: I will never understand it. Just never will.... ]

Weed today is about ten times stronger than in the seventies. Not to mention the fact that it might be mixed with synthetic which can definitely hurt you. Talk to a parent whose kid has done synthetic weed and been in the emergency room several times. And it's still out there in some smoke shops and gas stations.

not just Colorado

Aug 27, 2015, 3:51 PM

MA, MN, CA, HW and MT about to legalize it as well

I got a medicinal card in CA for $25 and 15 minutes

Aug 27, 2015, 11:59 PM

It's not a free-for-all over here yet, but you can go from "I'd like a medicinal MJ card" to having weed in your hands within 45 minutes. Eaze.com.

Aug 27, 2015, 3:51 PM

Newsflash!!

Probably 60-70% of college football players smoke weed. It's just how it is.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a homefront issue playing out

Aug 27, 2015, 4:49 PM

Sometimes things are complicated when dad passes. Others lose control.

Aug 27, 2015, 6:51 PM

What's more amazing to me is that weed is still viewed as some kind of demonic, weed with roots in hell narcotic thingy. Alcohol, on the other hand accounts for more deaths than all other drugs combined.

The worst thing you have to worry about being around a pot smoker....you gotta hide your Oreos and Vanilla Wafers.

You've been warned, now fire that fatty up!

Is what a friend told me.

Weed is worse than cigarettes. It stinks, is carcinogenic and

Aug 27, 2015, 7:01 PM

Certainly doesn't help you athletically. I hope if you have children, or the day you are blessed to have children, you at some point realize it is a dangerous gateway drug. And yes alcohol is also just as bad, but just because it is legal, doesn't mean we should make another dangerous substance legal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Weed is worse than cigarettes. It stinks, is carcinogenic and

Aug 27, 2015, 7:21 PM

Lol...lighten up Francis, I'm 60 yrs old, not having any more kids and it was a joke. :)

But now that you mention it, putting people in prison for pot is a greater crime than pot could ever be. You cannot outlaw everything that is harmful. That isn't what free people do.

Go Tigers!

i am not for locking up the average joe for smoking it

Aug 27, 2015, 7:56 PM

But the dealers should be locked up. The pot smoked in the 60's and 70's ain't the high tech dope being peddled today.

Weed Is Absolutely Not Worse Than Cigarettes

Aug 27, 2015, 8:04 PM

and there are countless studies to prove it. weed does not have to be smoked - ever - so that theory is blown up. Cheetos, ground beef, oxycodone, mcd's french fries for example, are far and away worse.

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Smoke two packs of weed a day and get back

Aug 27, 2015, 8:23 PM

to me with the results in 20 years ... Just kidding.

But seriously,
Worse I guess is in the eye of the beholder. I think the studies on the effects of pot on teen brain development are "worse". I wasn't intending to just compare the cancer aspects to cigarettes, but the entirety of the vice.

I don't think anyone is advocating weed for kids though

Aug 28, 2015, 1:10 PM

I think the ban should be lifted nationwide but not for anyone under the age of 18 or 21 obviously.

GO TIGERS

Re: Weed Is Absolutely Not Worse Than Cigarettes

Aug 28, 2015, 6:08 PM [ in reply to Weed Is Absolutely Not Worse Than Cigarettes ]

How you keep them McD's fries lit?? I have a have a hail of a time wid 'em!

;)

Aug 28, 2015, 12:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Weed is worse than cigarettes. It stinks, is carcinogenic and ]

The line has to be drawn somewhere as to what we put people in prison for.
I do not know where the line should be, but it has to be somewhere. What drugs should be legal and what drugs should be illegal? Weed? Coke? LSD? PCP? Meth?

Portugal legalized all drugs

Aug 29, 2015, 1:00 AM

a few years ago and their heroin addiction epidemic went way way down

Aug 27, 2015, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Weed is worse than cigarettes. It stinks, is carcinogenic and ]

Wow, talk about being uninformed.

There isn't one death that can be directly attributed to marijuana.

According to this cigarette smoking causes 1 out of every 5 deaths per year in the US. Over 480,000 deaths.

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/health_effects/tobacco_related_mortality/

well, I have yet to meet a marijuana only user

Aug 27, 2015, 8:36 PM

Everyone I have ever met that uses marijuana regularly, has also either smoked cigarettes,drank alcohol to excess, experimented or used other types of drugs(prescription or otherwise that alter mood) I would say there are very very few marijuana only users.

It RJ Reynolds sold marijuana, you can bet you would get some nasty studies published on marijuana.

Many names come to mind of people that I know

Aug 27, 2015, 8:53 PM

who have used/regularly use pot and they don't seem to fit the mold of your way of thinking at all.

Weed is harmless.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

people who use pot, are doing so to alter their mood

Aug 27, 2015, 9:33 PM

The same way people drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes or take Xanax or some other mood altering substance. People that need to alter their mood, generally have more than one means to do so. At what level is weed harmless? Since we are making stronger and stronger varieties of weed, at what level does it cease being harmless? Is there a specific amount of THC at which we should set limits or is it all harmless? Once we legalize it, can we sell it next door to schools and churches or do you have to drive to ghetto to buy it? Surely the poverty stricken areas will embrace it as they have the strip clubs, ABC stores, pawn shops. Can we advertise it ? Peddle it to minors...if it's harmless, give it to the kids. We should be able to sell it to anyone if it's harmless. Does the USDA now have to test it, to make sure some grower isn't lacing it with some other drug to get people hooked. Does the usda have to test for pesticides, or herbicides? Does FDA need involved?

Many people who go to church,

Aug 28, 2015, 10:49 AM

go to church to alter their mood.

So you have a problem with people who have a doctor's prescription for mood altering drugs as well? Your argument is outdated and weak. If you weren't using a computer I'd think you were a Mennonite.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gateway drug.

Aug 27, 2015, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Weed is worse than cigarettes. It stinks, is carcinogenic and ]

lol

What a joke. Weed is harmless.

I'm not saying it's harmless but in NO way it is worse than

Aug 28, 2015, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Weed is worse than cigarettes. It stinks, is carcinogenic and ]

cigarettes. Cigarettes are more toxic, and while you could certainly form a mental dependence to weed depending on your personality, it doesn't have the extremely physically addictive component that cigarettes have.

GO TIGERS

Aug 27, 2015, 7:01 PM

Have you ever read any of Dr. Ruby K Payne's studies on an addictive model? An additive model is a vital tool for understanding and addressing poverty, as well as the underlying factors that perpetuate it.

Without addressing the DJ Reader situation, her work helps understand some of the "Hidden Rules Among Classes" and why people act as they do. I challenge you to read some of her work and take the class tests:

1) Could you survive in poverty?
2) Could you survive in middle class?
3) Could you survive in wealth?

I agree. Amen!***

Aug 27, 2015, 7:03 PM

Another angle...

Aug 27, 2015, 7:52 PM

+1
I like your take and you have solid very solid opinion; but for the sake of argument consider this possibilty:
What if he has/had a nagging condition (conceivable right) for which he was legally prescribed an addictive medication like oxycodone?
Perhaps his doctor continued to prescribe it and he continued to use it and ultimately developed a reliance upon it.
If that were the case, I can see a scenario where he comes to the realization that he has a serious problem and must take steps to remedy it.
So, he tells his family and afterwards everyone involved has a sit-down. The decision is agreed that he should take a leave of absence to deal with the problem.
In such a situation, no laws are broken so there is no cause for punishment for violation of team rules and conduct.
Obviously this is conjecture; but I believe if the problem was marijuana or something of that ilk, Dabo would have suspended him.
Dabo is a fair and consistent disciplinarian and one that I trust, especially with regard to matters of illegal conduct of his players.

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

why do politicians drive drunk? Why do married people cheat ? Why do cops take bribes?

Aug 27, 2015, 8:15 PM

People are people.

Re: why do politicians drive drunk? Why do married people cheat ? Why do cops take bribes?

Aug 28, 2015, 6:09 PM

'cause they can't find no weed?

Why is something much less worse than alcohol.....

Aug 27, 2015, 8:18 PM

and is the most versatile medicine in the world, with zero possibility of over dose, still illegal in this country in 2015? If Bryant did test positive for weed, then suspending him is beyond stupid, because he can take a legal drug far worse than weed, alcohol.

^^^^this Juan gets it^^^^***

Aug 27, 2015, 8:22 PM

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: Why is something much less worse than alcohol.....

Aug 27, 2015, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Why is something much less worse than alcohol..... ]

its just the way the world is today. People that bash programs where their players have been caught smoking pot are hypocrites. There is not a program in the country where every player is clean.

I don't smoke but pot can be therapeutic. Good way to relax and alleviate stress.

I know that I would rather have a team full of players that smoke pot than a team where the players drink and party all the time

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then work to change the law. But the law is the law

Aug 27, 2015, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Why is something much less worse than alcohol..... ]

You shouldn't get to pick and choose which laws to obey. (Someone should explain that to our president) If the law is stupid, the work to overturn it. But until such time as it its legal, don't break the law.

Without rule of law, the U.S. Is just another banana republic

Re: Then work to change the law. But the law is the law

Aug 27, 2015, 8:52 PM

Yes, obviously laws are always good and have the effect as intended.

http://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/issue-briefs/2015/08/federal-drug-sentencing-laws-bring-high-cost-low-return

Excuse me while I go puke.

so I guess I should just choose which law I like and only

Aug 27, 2015, 9:00 PM

Obey those laws. We can all pick the law we agree with and ignore the rest. That will make for a utopia.

I never said all law is good. But we have the means to change law.

Work for change of law instead of ignoring or disobeying them

Re: so I guess I should just choose which law I like and only

Aug 27, 2015, 9:23 PM

Working for change? And having to combat unreasonable paranoia and outright incorrect notions on pot that are driving the current policy? Working to change something where the "other side", no matter how much evidence is before them, refuses to admit that they were wrong and misguided all along?

No thanks. I'll just wait for the legislature to make their move once
a) all of the people who have been indoctrinated die or get feeble, or
b) they see YET MORE overwhelming evidence in favor of legalization.

And as notoriously slow as our legislature is when it comes to adopting modern policy, it still shouldn't be too long from now. I'd put the O/U at 10 years.

Until that time comes I'm just going to "do what I do" and take a advantage of the fact that I'm an educated white male and would probably only receive a simple citation if caught. Others aren't always so lucky, so I hope we'll stop wasting taxpayer funds on incarcerating people based on 1980s and and 1990s fed propoganda.

Anway, gave you a point even though I disagree. Thanks for being respectful.

Ok you rebel

Aug 27, 2015, 9:39 PM

Pointed you back for being thoughtful.

Be careful out there Dangerously. I suspect if you have kids, you will encourage them not to smoke.

Tax laws hurt the economy. I'll ignore them.***

Aug 28, 2015, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Then work to change the law. But the law is the law ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn't common sense refreshing.***

Aug 27, 2015, 8:53 PM [ in reply to Then work to change the law. But the law is the law ]

Re: Isn't common sense refreshing.***

Aug 27, 2015, 8:55 PM

Yes, common sense is accepting a status quo that isn't working.

The Prohibitionist experiment failed. It did in the 20s and the 30s. And it did in the 80s and 90s.

Are all you hard-headed older folks going to have to die before you say "hey look, maybe Reagan didn't know what the #### he was talking about."

"Just Say No" did work. Drug use amongst teens fell in the

Aug 28, 2015, 9:00 AM

80's.

Get over your hatred for Reagan and freedom in general. Look at the facts and at history, Reagan was awesome.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Just Say No" did work. Drug use amongst teens fell in the

Aug 28, 2015, 9:27 AM

LOL. How did that work out in the long run?

The war on drug was/has been an utter failure in every way imaginable. Get over it. You were wrong, even though I know you and your kind will never admit it.

http://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/issue-briefs/2015/08/federal-drug-sentencing-laws-bring-high-cost-low-return

http://content.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,99564,00.html

What's it like to have such ideological inconsistencies when it comes to the concept of "small government." The failed "War on Drugs" is about as non-small government as it gets, and you refuse to see it.

And here I am, combatting the incorrect notions I was just talking about. We can't even get to the real meat of the debate because you're refusing to accept fact as fact. Classic case of "we've always done it that way and I don't want it to change just because"

The war on drugs in the 80s was a response to cocaine

Aug 28, 2015, 7:06 PM

and then crack. Think Miami Vice . That was the 80's. Crack was to the 80's what heroine was to the 70's. Now Heroine making a comeback thanks to opiate prescription drug abuse

Lol not really... they were still doing the Just Say No

Aug 28, 2015, 1:20 PM [ in reply to "Just Say No" did work. Drug use amongst teens fell in the ]

thing when I was a kid in the early nineties. Heck, I remember we all had to read a picture book in kindergarten about the dangers of drugs, made especially for children.

And yet so many of the kids I went to high school with talked about doing drugs, drinking, and smoking cigarettes, all things that were railed against when we were far younger.

Really all you're doing is putting the idea in their head.. because once a teenager hits that rebellious phase, they aren't gonna listen to what you told them as a pre-schooler...

GO TIGERS

they used to show us a movie ( and I mean movie with a

Aug 28, 2015, 7:10 PM

Movie projector, not a " video" in the 70's about Heroine. It depicted a young black mans addiction to heroine. It show him injecting the drug. In the end he died. It was very graffic and very effective on 5 th graders. Been afraid of H ever since

I went 5 over today.

Aug 27, 2015, 8:54 PM [ in reply to Then work to change the law. But the law is the law ]

Lock my ### up, right?

The government doesn't provide my moral compass.

Re: I went 5 over today.

Aug 27, 2015, 8:57 PM

Lock him up!

Signed,

"Small government" folks everywhere

Won't be the law for long, the dominoes are already falling***

Aug 27, 2015, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Then work to change the law. But the law is the law ]

Why not? Bible Thumpers are allowed to to pick and chose....

Aug 28, 2015, 4:44 AM [ in reply to Then work to change the law. But the law is the law ]

> You shouldn't get to pick and choose which laws to
> obey.

Why not? Bible Thumpers are allowed to to pick and chose which parts of The Bible they will follow.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

" Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but be a new and different person with a fresh newness in all you do and think."

Aug 28, 2015, 12:21 AM [ in reply to Why is something much less worse than alcohol..... ]

You can most definitely Over Dose on THC. They are treating cases of THC overdose daily in Colorado. Alcohol can be over dosed on. I am not saying weed should be illegal or legal. I dont care, but it can most definitely be over dosed on.

Link? Not saying I don't believe you, just never heard that.

Aug 28, 2015, 5:11 AM

TIA

There were satire articles going around

Aug 28, 2015, 1:16 PM

saying people died from weed, and of course many people believed them as they always do.

GO TIGERS

Re: Link? Not saying I don't believe you, just never heard that.

Aug 28, 2015, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Link? Not saying I don't believe you, just never heard that. ]

www.cnn.com/2013/08/09/health/weed-potency-levels/

Aug 28, 2015, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Why is something much less worse than alcohol..... ]

Link?

I mean, I guess if you swallow a whole bottle of THC extract, sure.

But from smoking?

The amount it would take to "overdose" on is far FAR

Aug 28, 2015, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is something much less worse than alcohol..... ]

higher than any human is capable of smoking in a single day.

Perhaps you saw THIS article: http://dailycurrant.com/2014/01/02/marijuana-overdoses-kill-37-in-colorado-on-first-day-of-legalization/

It's from a known satire site, like the Onion.

GO TIGERS

you don't know, so you shouldn't worry about it***

Aug 27, 2015, 8:25 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I have been on vacation but

Aug 27, 2015, 11:54 PM

The only place I've seen any mention of Reader having a substance abuse problem was posted by coots because they will slander our guys unrelentlessly without proof! Don't believe me go to fgf and look at the idiots over there. If there is a new reliable developement then please link? Until then I don't believe DJ has any other problem than a very personal family issue.

Aug 28, 2015, 12:03 AM

Dude!,weed gets you high! Sky high! Lol

I'm pretty sure they get in a lot of trouble for a DUI, but

Aug 28, 2015, 5:07 AM

alcohol is legal. Understanding someone that's been smoking all day long isn't NEARLY as intoxicated as someone who's drunk as @@@@, why is alcohol legal and weed illegal? Not justifying either one, but DUI's are a prevalent problem among NFL players as well. I've certainly done plenty of partying in my day, so I know from experience (haven't had a drink in almost 5 years FWIW) and yes, I have been as ^^^ I possible too, but not since my sophomore year). Just saying marijuana doesn't have the ability to get you wrecked like alcohol can. It just doesn't.
I understand your argument, but it just seems backwards to me. JMHO

Message was edited by: TigerGrant8®

Aug 28, 2015, 9:00 AM

The old "just legalize it" case. So if all of these players are smoking that much right now with it catagoriezed as illegal, can you imagine watching these guys play a season with it actually legalized? haha thats the dumbest argument out there.

Aug 28, 2015, 9:01 AM

and yes, "categorized" is misspelled. :)

This goes to a culture that prevails amongst young

Aug 28, 2015, 9:05 AM

black males. Weed smoking is just one of things they like to do, as much as listening to hip hop and knocking up girls.

As for whether or not it should be legal, you can make a good argument for legalization. End all welfare for anyone able-bodied enough to work, and I might vote for it. I don't care so much if someone wants to smoke themselves into a stupid, lazy, ne'erdowell, just don't ask me to feed and house you.

Re: This goes to a culture that prevails amongst young

Aug 28, 2015, 10:59 AM

It's not just young black males. Studies have been done that show that white people smoke at pretty much the same rate as black people, and whites are actually more likely to use harder drugs, but for whatever reason, blacks end up going to jail on drug charges at a rate 4x higher than their white counterparts.

They go to jail more because the cops focus on low income

Aug 28, 2015, 7:26 PM

Urban settings, not the suburbs or trailer parks. They also don't generally have parents who can afford a lawyer to get the charge dropped, expunged etc. it's not necessarily racial..although that is certainly a factor, it is a combination of many factors

Yeah it's a really complicated issue

Aug 28, 2015, 8:31 PM

I was mostly pointing out that marijuana use is in now way shape or form a black thing.

I am a high school track coach. The amount of weed that

Aug 28, 2015, 10:09 AM

is out there and the number of kids that are using it is absolutely astounding. The worst part is the number of kids who's parents are using weed also.

I tell my athletes that if I hear of it and can verify it, they are gone (I know they can fight it, but most won't). If they aren't disciplined enough to stay away from it, they aren't disciplined enough to train and compete at the level I expect, then they are gone.

We just started random drug testing in our district. We'll lose some good athletes because they are using and miss out on some b/c they value getting high over sports.

I don't get it either.

I bet weed makes you faster

Aug 28, 2015, 10:55 AM

that's why all the best sprinters come from Jamaica.

It's weed, who cares, legalize it and move on.

Aug 28, 2015, 1:11 PM [ in reply to I am a high school track coach. The amount of weed that ]

It's coming, it will be legal in all states within 15 years recreationally.

IMO all drugs should be legal. Take that billion dollar DEA budget and put that into rehabbing people for free that need it and want it.Use the same money to get them back on their feet and learn from their mistakes.

once an addict, always an addict

Aug 28, 2015, 7:32 PM

Most that go hard core, have a lifetime struggling to get back on their feet.

I'd personally rather the addict be locked up than me pay for the rehab.

Do you have a problem with parents who occasionally drink?

Aug 28, 2015, 1:17 PM [ in reply to I am a high school track coach. The amount of weed that ]

Weed is no worse, and probably better in the long run...

GO TIGERS

Wow, that kush has really fried some of your grey matter...

Aug 28, 2015, 11:08 PM

It destroyed your logic and reasoning center.

Oh yes, I'm so dumb, why me no think good?***

Aug 29, 2015, 1:17 PM

GO TIGERS

its harmless you old fart

Aug 28, 2015, 7:28 PM [ in reply to I am a high school track coach. The amount of weed that ]

According to many on this board.

Thank you for your positive influence on our youth

Aug 29, 2015, 12:58 AM

I could be wrong and I have been a plenty times before, but I don't believe the DJ issue has a thing to do with drugs, I really don't!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 88
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic