Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I will never understand how Bama was #1 at any point in the season last year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

I will never understand how Bama was #1 at any point in the season last year

Jun 26, 2019, 8:37 AM

We were clearly the better team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I will never understand how Bama was #1 at any point in the season last year

Jun 26, 2019, 8:44 AM

even if Tua escaped Ferrell, Muse was right there waiting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I will never understand how Bama was #1 at any point in the season last year

Jun 26, 2019, 8:52 AM

That was Turner.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you feel better now...after crushing m0f0's spirit with

Jun 26, 2019, 8:55 AM

your mean-spirited correction?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I sure hope so***

Jun 26, 2019, 9:32 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes... yes I do, actually.

Jun 26, 2019, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Do you feel better now...after crushing m0f0's spirit with ]

Thanks for asking.

Re: Yes... yes I do, actually.

Jun 26, 2019, 1:35 PM

And I actually thought you were one of the "nice" guys here on TNET. I Actually did.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Check out #19.***

Jun 26, 2019, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: I will never understand how Bama was #1 at any point in the season last year ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I thought Bob was the one with the case of baptist.

Jun 26, 2019, 12:09 PM

You check him out all you want to.

Glad to see you only have...

Jun 26, 2019, 2:22 PM

eyes for Turner.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Jun 26, 2019, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: I will never understand how Bama was #1 at any point in the season last year ]

Muse was at the 2 yd. line waiting.

Careful Mo fo, that juan's a lunger, crossed over...

Jun 26, 2019, 9:48 AM

The Mighty Rio one dark & stormy night during the heights of the rainy seasons.

I 'magine the leftists provide free Wifis for that juan & his 24 cousins in their cozy, sanctuary city - protected he are.

Oh, and Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LISTEN HERE, DSP!

Jun 26, 2019, 12:06 PM

thats all i got...

Ill see myself out now.

Re: LISTEN HERE, DSP!

Jun 26, 2019, 12:12 PM

<###### width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/#####/TTNpjWZc34E" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>

Haha, be well brother man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You too.***

Jun 26, 2019, 12:22 PM

Yes... and he would have still been standing there watching

Jun 26, 2019, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Re: I will never understand how Bama was #1 at any point in the season last year ]

Turner tackle the qb. Muse would have, in all actuality been the 13 guy that had a chance of tackling him... including after the guy that used to play for florida that now plays for bama that used to block his own teammates and the ref that tackled Drunky Garcia.

You are still wrong.

Not a big Muse fan are you?***

Jun 26, 2019, 1:38 PM

Im not a fan.

Jun 26, 2019, 2:21 PM

DUH! Im an adult!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAYL5H46QnQ

Re: Im not a fan.

Jun 26, 2019, 5:09 PM

Is that you?

Well lunger, there are lots of them, are they all Turner...

Jun 26, 2019, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: I will never understand how Bama was #1 at any point in the season last year ]

or maybe you want a do over?

Jun 26, 2019, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: I will never understand how Bama was #1 at any point in the season last year ]

And CW42

Jun 26, 2019, 8:46 AM

Early in the season I thought that we may have the best Clemson team ever. Unfortunately, the way Bama wss scoring points, I thought they might have been even better. As the season wore on and we improved, the obvious became obvious.

Once TL #16 got the team, it was over for bama

Jun 26, 2019, 9:23 AM

Our defense was better and deeper from the git, and our offense just has too many weapons with a QB like TL at the helm. Bama's defense has dropped off significantly from where they were in the DW4 era. Add that to the patchwork merry-go-round that is the bama assistant coaching staff, and the result we got in January really isn't very surprising.

First-string talent for both teams is roughly even; our strength is DEPTH. THAT'S something Saban doesn't seem to do well; develop consistency beyond his first string players. Maybe that's because his assistants don't stick with him long enough to get it done. And I guess Saban really doesn't need to do that in order to dominate these predictable, archaic SEC programs; all he has to do is out-tough overrated tomato cans like uga and lsu. When he saw that he couldn't do that to us, and that our defensive coordinator actually knows how to scheme for opposing offenses, Saban knew it was over. And he knew it before the first half was over. You can tell that by the hokey crap he said before going into the lockerroom at halftime.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2019, 9:02 AM

They were blowing everyone out. We were never clearly the better team until we clearly destroyed them.

We were blowing everyone out too...

after we got rid of Kelly B, and Trevor got the team. What's the difference? You drinking the SEC koolaid? We scored more points on bama than lsu had in the previous FIVE YEARS. And uga... Texas showed how overrated they were. Bama and uga were pretty close last year; neither was close to Clemson.

This $EC dominance stuff is a bunch of horseshyatt.

Big difference. They blew out A&M, we barely won. They

Jun 26, 2019, 9:38 AM

blew out LSU who was better than anyone on our schedule.

They get credit every year from playing in the SEC West which almost always is better than our ACC Atlantic schedule.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go ahead and give them that credit if you want...

Jun 26, 2019, 9:50 AM

If Trevor Lawrence had been at his mid-season form against TAMU that game ain't close. That's my opinion. Just watch what happens to them this year in Death Valley.

I saw enough to know that lsu and uga were OVERRATED. ALL SEASON. Again, my opinion. But go ahead and drink the koolaid if you want.

Koolaid? Everything I said is factual. Would we have killed

Jun 26, 2019, 10:09 AM

A&M also if we played later in the season? Probably.

I get that the SEC’s dominance is waaay overstated but that doesn’t change the fact that an SEC West schedule is usually just better than ours. Just man up and admit it. It takes nothing away from our championship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The $SECW hype train has nothing to do with my manhood

Jun 26, 2019, 12:20 PM

You keep buying that stuff if you want, Joey. I've seen enough. East, west, whatever. They just ain't that great. And I don't CARE how they stack up against the tomato cans in the ACC. Last season NONE of those $SECW teams with the exception of uga was even COMPETITIVE with bama, and we spanked bama like a $3 Shanghai hooker.

Keep pointing to TAMU playing us close in a road game during a transitional period when we were relying heavily on a QB who was on his way out the door as proof of SEC strength. All things considered that game was an outlier, not the rule. By the end of the season we were better than ALL those teams, and I suspect half the ACC would have given them a lot more trouble than you think.

Lulz. Buying what stuff? You keep putting up

Jun 26, 2019, 12:57 PM

a smokescreen of BS.

The only thing I buy is that the SEC West in most years is the best division in college football. I don’t need anyone to tell me that. It’s pretty obvious unless you’re attempting your own spin to balance the whole pro-SEC spin in many places.

If the SEC West is so great, why do they all keep getting

Jun 26, 2019, 5:21 PM

blown out by Bama?

Look man, we can't let paying attention all year get in the

Jun 26, 2019, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Re: I will never understand how Bama was #1 at any point in the season last year ]

way of things.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. Let us gloat in greatest Clemson victory of all time***

Jun 26, 2019, 9:34 AM

lol ... only one Bama lineman even tried to block

Jun 26, 2019, 9:13 AM

on a 4th and goal run play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn’t you hear? They were tired

from playing a game a month before the championship game??

Jun 26, 2019, 9:18 AM

Duh!! GREATEST TEAM EVER!!!!
Why would they not be number 1? :)

Jun 26, 2019, 9:38 AM

Bama’s OL looked like a sieve on that play .... Not sure they blocked a single Clemson player .... lol

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

The two biggest things in the regular season was they

Jun 26, 2019, 9:40 AM

killed A&M. We barely beat them. They killed LSU who was better than anyone on schedule in the regular season.

I know Joseph. I was just being facetious to create conversation on the board.

Jun 26, 2019, 10:51 AM

Honestly if I had an AP vote it would’ve went to Bama all season long. I did not see what happened in the NCG coming at all. Great time to be a Tiger.

Bama looks a bit like a clown show in that highlight...***

Jun 26, 2019, 3:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic