Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I went to walmart today and only me and 1 other person
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

I went to walmart today and only me and 1 other person

Apr 4, 2020, 11:58 PM

Had a mask on. Some people really are not taking this seriously. They need to remember that if their own life isn't a concern, help to protect other folks. Look out for those around you. You might save a life and never know it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I went to walmart today and only me and 1 other person

Apr 5, 2020, 12:02 AM

What if you don’t have a mask? Where I’m the world are all these people getting one?

Apr 5, 2020, 12:08 AM

Make one. Too easy.

Apr 5, 2020, 11:03 AM

Homemade mask do nothing.

Apr 5, 2020, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: I went to walmart today and only me and 1 other person ]

https://youtu.be/5cTOUNwb5Fc

Apr 5, 2020, 12:24 AM [ in reply to Re: I went to walmart today and only me and 1 other person ]

Handkerchiefs, scarves, etc. Geez. Or ask your momma what you should do.

Apr 5, 2020, 12:23 AM

I too went to the grocery store today and I was only 1 of maybe 5-6 out of at least 100 people that had a mask on. I found that odd. Interesting though is that people would get out of my way as I approached them. That was cool. I might continue wearing a mask every time I go to the store, even after nobody remembers Coronavirus. And cough a lot. That seems to help clear the aisles. :)

At first I was upset seeing a guy with his toddler in the store. But later realized that he probably has no other choice than to bring the toddler with him as his wife was not with him. I'm not sure how to resolve that problem.

Apr 5, 2020, 12:27 AM

That's because the masks make absolutely no difference unless you have the virus.

Apr 5, 2020, 12:47 AM

You miss the point. Badly.

Apr 5, 2020, 1:44 AM [ in reply to Re: I went to walmart today and only me and 1 other person ]

Let me clear this up for you. If your next to someone in an aisle and they’re sick and a sneeze comes faster than they were prepared, would you rather them sneeze and get it all over you or sneeze into their face mask protecting the particles from reaching you? I’ll take the face mask all day right now.

Apr 5, 2020, 1:59 AM

1) We all want to assume sick people are quarantining. They are not, until they feel the symptoms, which may occur 3-5 days later. They may have infected 12-20 people by the time they realize they're sick. So you'll never know if that "pollen sneezer" was positive if you wear a mask; if you weren't wearing the mask, you'll know real soon. Possibly the hard way.

2) Wearing a mask is a simple prevention to prevent both inhaling someone else's saliva AND to prevent you touching a face opening with contaminated hands.

3) Early on, we were told to let the medical professionals have the masks unless we were at-risk; now that has been changed. Now we let them have the good masks, and we make our own.

4) Masking up is now official national public health policy. As of Friday, you're supposed to wear a mask if you go in public.

sneezing can get in your eyes just as easliy as your nose

Apr 5, 2020, 7:32 AM

same with finger touching these areas. Of course it still lowers your chance and that is really all we are talking about with social distancing and community protection.

Everyone stays home for 14 days and this thing goes away, the only problem is that everyone can't stay home. My wife is a dialysis nurse. Her patients need dialysis 3 days a week, every week, no breaks ever 365 days a year. If they take a day off during the week for a holiday they make it up on Sunday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2020, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: I went to walmart today and only me and 1 other person ]

I have a mask but only wear it cutting grass. If I wear one in the
store, what keeps the snot mist from my eyes , goggles maybe?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: goggles maybe?

Apr 5, 2020, 1:30 PM

When you get up in the morning and the light is hurt your head
The first thing you do when you get up out of bed
Is hit that streets a-runnin' and try to beat the masses
And go get yourself some cheap sunglasses
Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah

Great ZZ Top song!

Apr 5, 2020, 9:48 PM

Love that you posted this!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Apr 5, 2020, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Re: I went to walmart today and only me and 1 other person ]

Actually they do. Why have doctors started wearing n95 and stopped wearing surgical?

Apr 5, 2020, 3:14 AM

I hear you, I went to Sam's to get a battery for my lawn mower, very few with myself were wearing mask and gloves, and I was thinking that it's bc of those types of idiots is the reason we've had so many positive cases of COVID 19 in this country!!!

By the way, Duracell makes some of the best batteries on the market, and Sam's sells them for the lawn mower for $28 bucks, and batteries plus sells the exact same battery for $44.99, and they will not price compare on that battery. My old one last 6 years, but I take them out in the winter and store in an out building....

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2020, 4:21 AM

I doubt I will wear a mask nor do I have anything to make one out of. I am social distancing well though, but I will go to the store without one. I keep my distance from everyone while there.

Re: nor do I have anything to make one out of

Apr 5, 2020, 1:38 PM

Suggested material - if you've attended the Clemson-SCar game in the Valley in the past decade you should have a polyester Tiger Rag somewhere in your house. Or, nearly everyone has at least one t-shirt they should have quit wearing years ago.

What turns my ears red are the idiots who get in

Apr 5, 2020, 7:08 AM

the 6 ft gap I have between me and the next person in line. They just step their dumb a$$es right in front of me.....and my blood pressure shoots to about 300/200. Then they pretend it was an accident.

Message was edited by: TigerFanX2000®

Re: What turns my ears red are the idiots who get in

Apr 5, 2020, 10:11 AM

Shezam! sounds just like those silly drivers that do the same thing!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2020, 7:17 AM

If you were taking this virus serious, you wouldn’t have gone in Walmart

Apr 5, 2020, 9:13 AM

Underrated post.

Apr 5, 2020, 7:38 AM

Was changing the oil in my daughter's car yesterday and discovered that I had depleted my stash of oil filters which I usually order multiple of from RockAuto. So off to Advance I go.

On the door is a piece of paper and in big, yellow highlighted letters it says READ THIS BEFORE ENTERING STORE. It gives specific instructions about how to social distance in the store. The main thing was to stay back from the counter while a clerk was helping or checking you out.

I walk in, and I see people doing the classic lean on the parts counter, all up in the clerk's space. I couldn't believe it. If I was working there I would have been making people stay back, but I guess those parts guys didn't care.

So frustrating to see.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2020, 8:53 AM

You really judging people for not wearing a mask ? Wow

About 1 in 10 at my local Walmart...

Apr 5, 2020, 9:28 AM

...were wearing masks including me with 3M N95 mask on. I also wore googles. I brought my own antibacterial wipe in the store. Some Walmart employees were wearing masks. Of the 1 in 10 wearing masks I saw some wearing home made masks and bandanas.

Same experience at Aldi and CVS. I feel sorry for the employees that are in the stores all day subjected to the Covid-19, flu and other stuff floating in the air. When someone sneezes it can float around for hours. Pretty gross when you think about it.

Make a mask and incorporate a hepa vacuum cleaner filter or a/c Merv-13 filter. A bandana is better than nothing. I expect masks will be required in public in two weeks. Now get busy!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: About 1 in 10 at my local Walmart...

Apr 5, 2020, 10:03 AM

Only thing a mask will do is make you look silly

Apr 5, 2020, 10:03 AM

What are you? 3?

Apr 5, 2020, 10:37 AM

I have common sense, You ?

You’re also going to have COVID-19 if you aren’t more careful.***

Apr 5, 2020, 9:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I highly recommend that YOU not wear one.

Apr 5, 2020, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: About 1 in 10 at my local Walmart... ]

Wonder why hospitals use masks... We'll actually only you do. LMAO

Re: I highly recommend that YOU not wear one.

Apr 5, 2020, 11:16 AM

Yep every Dr and Nurse leave theirs on once they leave the hospital and go get Groceries. LMAO

Apr 5, 2020, 11:21 AM

Wrong, they put it on in crowded environments like a grocery store said three nurses who live in my community. I trust their knowledge and info more than a metrosexual who is more worried about what he looks like.

Apr 5, 2020, 11:26 AM

Actually my nurse lives in my house, my niece Nurse next neighbor over and wife’s best friend was over last night of course a Nurse. All laughing about people freaking out and wearing mask at Grocery Stores Etc . Hey you do you l, put your mask on and go get groceries for the wife while she stays home and cuts the grass. So there’s your WRONG reply

Apr 5, 2020, 11:42 AM

Hahahaha... Yeah, right. ??

Apr 5, 2020, 12:44 PM

Headed to the Golf Course then to Grocery store after to get some meat fir a cookout tonight , all without a a mask . Beautiful day , hope you enjoy it .

Apr 5, 2020, 12:57 PM

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover.html

I'm glad you are saving the masks for the rest of us. It's the same thing I say to people driving a Prius...thank gawd for them...more gas for my SUV. Have a good one too.

Apr 5, 2020, 2:35 PM

Want me to post a article for you about people thinking the Earth is Flat ?

Apr 5, 2020, 4:50 PM

Naw, I don't want to read an article written by you. :-P

Apr 5, 2020, 9:33 AM

Just so everyone will know...masks really don't help you by protecting you from the virus, unless they are the N-95 masks. These would prevent the virus from passing through to you when you breathe. If you have any other mask (other than respirator types), then the virus can pass through. If you are wearing a self made mask and someone sneezes on you, then your eyes will still transmit the virus. Worse yet, the virus on your self made mask will keep the virus in front of your face, pass through the mask, and expose you more than if you did not have the mask on (and immediately cleaned your face after the sneeze).

Yes, you can benefit from the possibility of the virus getting on the mask, but not getting through to you...but the longer you wear the mask, the more likely the virus will come through. Since your exhale is very humid, it helps the virus to survive on the mask longer, thus increasing your chances of eventually pulling it into your mouth/nose. The worst part is when people take the mask off, set it aside, then put it back on without washing it between uses...even putting it on backwards from how they wore it last time!

The biggest advantage to self made masks is if the people carrying the virus had one on...this would greatly reduce the amount of contaminates in the air and on surfaces. So, if there is any possibility of you having the virus, please cover your nose and mouth with a self made mask!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2020, 1:21 PM

Well I wear glasses, and I clean them with the alcohol pads I use after taking my insulin twice a day, and any kind of mask is better than no mask at all IMO!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2020, 1:45 PM

CDC guidelines is only those that are sick wear masks and frontline workers. 6 foot distancing. Cover and sneeze into folded arm at elbow. Go figure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2020, 5:07 PM

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover.html

Apr 5, 2020, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: I went to walmart today and only me and 1 other person ]

P-100 is more effective than N-95.

Apr 6, 2020, 7:59 PM

Replies: 43
User Logo
Cornflakes
Asst Coach [721]
TigerPulse: 86%
I went to walmart today and only me and 1 other person [3]
Posted: Apr 4, 2020 11:58 PM

Had a mask on. Some people really are not taking this seriously. They need to remember that if their own life isn't a concern, help to protect other folks. Look out for those around you. You might save a life and never know it.

https://www.facebook.com/dan.bongino/videos/221527849062350/

lots to think about

Apr 6, 2020, 9:10 PM

Hello de! Hope you are well friend.

Apr 6, 2020, 9:13 PM

very well hope you are

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic