Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was wrong about Alabama fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

I was wrong about Alabama fans

Jan 14, 2016, 6:31 PM

SEC or not, these guys are quickly turning into one of my favorite fanbases. Most all the ones I met in AZ were pulling heavy for us against Auburn and the coots.

Hope to see those guys again sooner than later, hopefully in the title game next year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

really makes ya wonder --WHO'S CALLING FINEBAUM'S SHOW???***

Jan 14, 2016, 6:33 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: really makes ya wonder --WHO'S CALLING FINEBAUM'S SHOW???***

Jan 14, 2016, 6:52 PM

The toothless, mindless, tv-less, uneducated, backwoods idiots, obviously. Have you ever actually listened to the types that call in to that show? It's dreadful. You shouldn't need a translator to understand the English of someone born & raised here. The fact that Finebaum can even comprehend the nonsense coming out of their mouths is deserving of an award.

Re: really makes ya wonder --WHO'S CALLING FINEBAUM'S SHOW???***

Jan 14, 2016, 6:53 PM

Finebaum went to tennessee, so he speaks the language

His show is like rass'lin. Most is fake and scripted callers***

Jan 14, 2016, 9:49 PM [ in reply to really makes ya wonder --WHO'S CALLING FINEBAUM'S SHOW???*** ]

Re: I was wrong about Alabama fans

Jan 14, 2016, 6:35 PM

That's likely because you ran into true fans and not ignorant bandwagoners who just like to pull for a winner and beat their chest about a team they only started watching since Saban got there. Bandwagoners are the worst they are flaky and flip flop teams BC outside of pulling for a winner they themselves are losers in real life more often than not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 14, 2016, 6:39 PM

I agree, the few on here are seem kind and generous with regards to giving fair appraisals of their opponents. I respect that and appreciate the fun give and take pre-game banter. I'm impressed and have changed my mind about their team, except for Nick's son yelling at DW, I will pull for them. Especially Beer Bryant, he's a class act, he's always welcome here!

Yep, BeerBryant is cool...

Jan 14, 2016, 7:07 PM

And those who actually attended Bama are typically cool. Like all other schools with state names, the bandwagon is the issue.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly- My 3 favorite fan bases are SEC heavy...

Jan 14, 2016, 6:42 PM

1- Louisville
2- Bama
3- aTm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honestly- My 3 favorite fan bases are SEC heavy...

Jan 14, 2016, 6:45 PM

Nice to hear, because after the game at the Ga Dome I thought they were the worst fans I had been around. Must be a different crowd that can afford to travel.

Re: Honestly- My 3 favorite fan bases are SEC heavy...

Jan 14, 2016, 6:47 PM

May be on to something there...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every true Bama fan deeply hates Auburn. The redneck

Jan 14, 2016, 7:07 PM

Bama fans couldn't afford the $1,200 flight to a town in the middle of the desert.

That's one large reason why these were the more reasonable ones.

Re: Every true Bama fan deeply hates Auburn. The redneck

Jan 14, 2016, 9:33 PM

Every fan base has idiots, some more than others. I agree with you about the bama fans that made the trip. Only saw a few @ssholes after the game, but they were hammered and probably don't remember it. I only took issue with one , because of his disrespectful comments to a female Tiger who was alone outside the stadium. I took care of it, and he wisely moved on. It had nothing to do with football, I wouldn't allow a Tiger to treat a bama female like that. All in all, met some cool folks on that side that I would have in my home.

They're currently at the top and know it, but they had

Jan 14, 2016, 7:09 PM

some dark days football-wise...maybe they are just humbled. But maybe they are just better fans than every other fanbase in the SEC and choose not to be a$$es about it.

Re: They're currently at the top and know it, but they had

Jan 14, 2016, 7:53 PM

They just don't have an inferiority complex. They have won enough games where the idea of talking #### to your opponent and acting classless are both unnecessary and rediculous.

The day after the game a close relative, who lives in Mobile

Jan 14, 2016, 7:18 PM

and whose home is a Bama shrine, called and said, "Y'all shoulda won that game, but I'm glad you didn't."

He added, "He1l, most Bama people know the long time connection between Clemson and us. A lot of them think Dabo might be our next coach, too."

I laughed and suggested, "Don't bet on it." He laughed and added, "I ain't. I'm no d@mn fool!"

I wouldn't even mind seeing them again next year...with the "W" in our column, of course.

When you live in Los Angeles, Clemson and Alabama fans

Jan 14, 2016, 8:26 PM

who work together have common bonds that pull us together throughout the year. It is hard for an Alabama fan to not be a bit smug. And it is hard for a Clemson fan not to talk about something special in those hills. We watched the game together at Grunion's Sports Bar.

Jan 14, 2016, 7:55 PM

I can appreciate what you're saying, however, when we compare any fan base to our dirt pecking rivals, they will always look better.

Jan 14, 2016, 8:01 PM

I don't know, I've met some Alabama fans in Alabama that seem like they were offspring of two coot fans(whom are siblings)

Jan 14, 2016, 8:14 PM

I agree, every Bama fan I ran into gave the team and Watson props, even alot of the ones calling Paul's show. Guess you cant judge a book......

Best friend is a Bama fan..

Jan 14, 2016, 8:43 PM

Prior to the game we had a lengthy conversation about lesser teams playing the SEC SEC SEC card and living vicariously through them. Their fan base HATES it even more than we do. Most of the Bama fans I know actually like Clemson a LOT...obviously when we're not playing them. I've heard nothing but respect from them.....yeah, they're a little cocky, but 4 out of the last 7, I would be too.

Before the Natty, my friend said he was worried about this game because of Watson. He was almost right :(

His first text to me after the game was "Wow! Both teams deserved to win this game"

The only crap I caught for the game was from fans of some 3-9 team in the midlands...you know the ones I speak of

I met this Bama fan on the way home today. Never got his

Jan 14, 2016, 9:08 PM

name but we talked a good bit about the game. He was just like some of my fishing buddies in Powdersville....And he was very respectful of the fact that this was a hard loss for me to swallow. Clearly, he was proud of Bama, but he gave us credit too. I told him, " You know, y'all don't have to brag much, just trot that big ole "A" out there and it speaks for itself. Kind of like our "Paw" does for us. My son and I went to Tusayan Tuesday and I cannot tell you how many people recoginzed the "Paw" and said," Great game...Great game, sorry y'all lost..",etc.

I told one of them that, Monday night, the entire country saw for themselves what ESPN had spent the entire year trying to hide.....

Oh, My new Bama friend.....

Jan 14, 2016, 9:09 PM

Jan 14, 2016, 9:44 PM

There are some really good Bama fans. Just FYI, Bama fans would pull for Satan if he were playing Auburn. They hate Auburn.

Outside of Saban's smug interview immediately after the game

Jan 14, 2016, 10:07 PM

I had 1 mild encounter. Was at Camelback Mtn with my kid on Tues. I passed a guy hiking up and said hello. He saw our orange and said, well we faired better than you guys last night. I just said, yep, great game and we had a lot of fun.
That was it.

Everyone else was very complimentary of our team.

null

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic