Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This loss is directly on Tony Elliott bc he took this game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 1

This loss is directly on Tony Elliott bc he took this game

Nov 8, 2020, 12:04 AM

out of the hands of a wounded team that had this game until Elliott took it away with poor, poor A$$ play calling, and his luck from the past of getting away it caught up with him. All those guys needed was ONE 1st down, and game over, and the good guys win, but he was to scared to try and make a 1st down and knowing that we were lucky to be ahead with our wounded defense, and he still put the game in BV hands to win it with 3 of his better defensive player out and stretching the depth of defense out with no experienced fresh legs to come in and help them out!!!! Shame on you Tony, and you failed your team with pisss poor play calling, and that is why our guys hearts are broken this very minute, it's bc you failed them!!!! And that is the truth, and those guys may have put the game out reach if it wasn't for all the downs that you gave to the ND defense in this game, and you knew going in this game that ND had a good defense, and that we couldn't afford to give their defense one down, and you gave them a dozen or more!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This loss is directly on Tony Elliott bc he took this game

Nov 8, 2020, 12:06 AM

Don’t make post such as this,

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 12:40 AM

Why not it's accurate...3 runs for -4 yds and 10 sec off the clock, Notre Dame did not use a time out

Nov 8, 2020, 12:40 AM [ in reply to Re: This loss is directly on Tony Elliott bc he took this game ]

Why not it's accurate...3 runs for -4 yds and 10 sec off the clock, Notre Dame did not use a time out

Jenny your approval rating speaks for you. Just stop.

Nov 8, 2020, 12:51 AM

You're an idiot.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jenny your approval rating speaks for you. Just stop.

Nov 8, 2020, 7:54 AM

You don't believe that Elliot blew it then you are the idiot . Approval rating has nothing to do with the truth liberal fool

Re: Jenny your approval rating speaks for you. Just stop.

Nov 9, 2020, 10:34 AM

To put this on Tony Elliot seems presumptuous to me. Do you know Dabo gave him free reign to call those plays? I know if I were head coach, I would have direct input into what I wanted out of that series, if not explicit play calls.

Nov 8, 2020, 12:47 AM [ in reply to Re: This loss is directly on Tony Elliott bc he took this game ]

It’s the truth & Dabo needs a high dollar offensive guy!

Why don't you take over play calling?

Nov 8, 2020, 12:52 AM

Right, that would be a cold day in heII.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why don't you take over play calling?

Nov 8, 2020, 7:55 AM

Stupid comment

Nov 8, 2020, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Re: This loss is directly on Tony Elliott bc he took this game ]

I agree Tony needs to go.

Nov 8, 2020, 12:09 AM

40 is usually enough to win a game. It isn't the first time his offense has up up 40 and lost either....

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Nov 8, 2020, 12:32 AM

One 1st down, and we win, Tony chose to try and run the time out with ND having 3 time outs with over 2 minutes on the clock, and ND had already score once in 43 seconds, and he put the game in our defenses hands knowing they were walking wounded, and he didn't in no way shape or form attempt to make a 1st down that would have ended the game with the ball in the offense hands, and that is the real truth of why our guys lost this game. Tony took their best chances of winning away from those guys with BS running plays that hasn't been successful with any team we have played with just a decent defense, and if he couldn't understand or see that, he has no business calling plays. And since Jeff has been gone, his play calling has gotten worse!!!! And yes, I do believe that bc, we had a chance to win this game in spite of Tony's play calling all through the game, and he had the perfect chance to put the game away, and he was scared to take that chance, and he put it on BV, and that was crystal clear!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why not blame BV?

Nov 8, 2020, 12:53 AM

I can guess why not. Trump lost, get over it.

TU - Easy to see isn’t it?***

Nov 8, 2020, 12:57 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why not blame BV?

Nov 8, 2020, 2:05 AM [ in reply to Why not blame BV? ]

There is nothing strange about a 118 year old voting that’s been dead over 15 years.

Re: Why not blame BV?

Nov 8, 2020, 7:57 AM [ in reply to Why not blame BV? ]

What does trump have to do with Elliot's mismanagement of that time in the game

Nov 8, 2020, 2:34 AM [ in reply to Re: This loss is directly on Tony Elliott bc he took this game ]

I agree!!! Toney is good coach until opponent stacks the box, then the players get 0-2yds, then you lose advantage?

The defense gave up 26 points in regulation in spite of bad

Nov 8, 2020, 1:03 AM [ in reply to Re: This loss is directly on Tony Elliott bc he took this game ]

field position all night and gave the offense the ball back with two minutes left and the O failed to convert a 1st down to close out the game for the second week in a row

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 12:09 AM

Teams win and loose together, coaches as well. I do think we should have just run our offense that last series in regulation, but we didn't and that was probably a mistake. I think all teams end up loosing games by going into the 4 corners, for lack of a better wording, too early, keep playing let them stop our offense not 3 running plays that everyone knows is coming.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 12:11 AM

On your side op.... TE relies on out athleticism every team and our route tree is rudimentary at best so #### you TE! Sure I will far the 2020 PC Card

Nov 8, 2020, 12:12 AM

I don’t understand the ignorant posts about Tony Elliott. Watch other games...

I was working

Nov 8, 2020, 12:15 AM

And didn’t see any of regulation

The stats I heard on the radio seemed like we would be crushing

DJ—439 yds, 2 TD’s, 0 INT
Powell—161 yds, 1 TD
Rogers—134 yds

First time 2 receivers have gone back to back games with 100+ yds since Williams and Cain

Apparently this final possession screwed the pooch, but it hardly sounded like our offense was bad

Our defense sure didn’t do us any favors tonight either.

Nov 8, 2020, 12:22 AM

But yes, our play calling was bad on our last possession of regulation up by 7 with 2 minutes to go. All we needed was a first down but we ran twice for little gain and then threw to Etienne on a screen pass which got a couple of yards and went out of bounds. Just complete nonsense when we should have just run our offense and gotten the first down to seal the win.

Overall, we were too stubborn trying to run when we were passing so well. Do what works!

Our defense played hard but didn’t contain Book well on runs at all. We also couldn’t seem to get off the field on third down. I haven’t looked at the stats but it seemed like the Irish converted a high percentage of third downs.

I’m hoping our defensive issues are due to injuries and not talent deficiencies. I’m sure being without a few starters as well as a couple of key reserves hurt us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Our defense sure didn’t do us any favors tonight either.

Nov 8, 2020, 2:21 AM

Judge, you do realize we were out 6 starters by the end of the game?

Yes, which is why I stated that I'm hoping our defensive

Nov 9, 2020, 1:23 PM

struggles were due to injuries.

That doesn't excuse the stubbornness by our coaches to try to run when it was obvious all night that we couldn't. All we needed was ONE first down! Use your best three plays and do whatever it takes to get it. That was the difference between winning and losing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Our defense sure didn’t do us any favors tonight either.

Nov 9, 2020, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Our defense sure didn’t do us any favors tonight either. ]

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I think it is not fair to lay this on TE. Here is my expectation of what really happened. Dabo went to the OL and said, “we are going to ram this ball right down their throats - go win this for us.” TE followed that direction and called the plays he thought had the best chance to succeed based on that direction. It didn’t work out, BUT in my opinion that is not the point. Dabo believes that showing confidence in your guys is important. It may not have worked out this time, but they need to know their coaches have faith in them.

It is entirely possible that Dabo could have put the game in DJs hands and we might have won the game. However, that would come at the cost of telling his guys he doesn’t trust them. He wants to win the war and not the battle.

JMHO

I see your point, but on the flip side

Nov 9, 2020, 1:25 PM

if they wanted to have Dabo's trust, they should've done more to earn it this season leading up to that critical moment. Both the BC and ND games were evidence that the offensive line wasn't up to the task.

Re: I was working

Nov 8, 2020, 12:56 AM [ in reply to I was working ]

This is why people scream this racism card. The white coordinator who gave up 30+ points isn't the problem but the black OC who got 40 is the issue.

I don’t think this has anything to do with race

Nov 8, 2020, 1:26 AM

Elliots game management is not great

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Venables adjustments weren’t great***

Nov 8, 2020, 1:53 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 1:58 AM [ in reply to Re: I was working ]

Please don't say that you are playing the race card. Don't you ever get tired of believing or feeling that everything in any argument or a problem is directed bc of race. Get a real life and take your racism bs somewhere else. Never once did it ever enter my mind that Tony was black bc, the dumb A$$ was so vivid with 2 run plays that hadn't worked throughout the game, and the out pass to ETN that was gang tackled most of the game.

If you're black, just be happy and glad that you are, and stop feeling that the world is after you simply bc of the color of your skin. That is a loser attitude to carry yourself within when you're the one choosing an argument over shin color. You must be sad being bc, most black that I've known throughout my life, they were proud of being black as they should have been bc they were pretty decent folks. Grow up!!!!

Nov 8, 2020, 2:13 AM [ in reply to Re: I was working ]

Nobody is a black coordinator. They are just offensive or defensive.

Nov 8, 2020, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Re: I was working ]

I don't agree with the post but turning it into a racial issue doesn't make sense. People are lashing out at Elliot because they want to blame someone. It doesn't have anything to do with the color of his skin.

I'm not sure that the choice to play conservative even falls on Elliot. Maybe the actual play choices were on him, but I expect that Dabo was the one that directed how to approach it.

Nov 8, 2020, 8:51 AM

That is possible...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Re: I was working ]

Why you bringing race into this liberal

Nov 8, 2020, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Re: I was working ]

Oh, give me a break v with using the race card. Plain and simple, the defense was missing a TON more key players than the offense was. All the offense was missing starter wise was Lawrence, which you can't say DJ had a bad game. He put up more yards than any other opposing QB has on ND. The missing key players of the defense, plus the injuries we had during the game, I'm sorry to break it to you while you play reverse racism, takes it off BV.

Tony's play calling, specifically his inability to stop calling run plays from the backfield when they clearly weren't working the ENTIRE game (34 yds on 33 carries I say backs that up) became one of the biggest problems.... Especially having the lead with 2:00 left, ND with all their time outs, and he thinks "hey, let's try to run that run play that hasn't worked two more times".

If you can't admit that was a problem, you should probably just stop watching football.

Nov 8, 2020, 12:03 PM

It looks as though Tigerman1978 saw the same game, and the very same last 2+ minutes of the game that I and most others saw. Every leprechaun in that stadium, on campus, and in that city are thanking their Lucky Stars for whoever made the call to try and run the out with ND sitting on 3 timeouts. I personally don't care who made the call, it was the call that lost that game for the Tigers. It was the leprechauns celebrating in South Bend, with our players that played their butts off to finally get the lead in the game, and it took the decision of one coach making a dumb A$$ choice that Gave the game right back to ND. Just one 1st down, and our guys win, just ONE!!!!

Nov 8, 2020, 12:18 AM

I didn’t read full discourse but our OC plans su k ####! #### your game plan

Nov 8, 2020, 12:18 AM

I didn’t read full discourse but our OC plans su k ####! #### your game plan

Nov 8, 2020, 12:27 AM

sure his x's and o's are marginal -- but he's a top notch morally and wealthy to boot ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 12:33 AM

I think your anger is probably misdirected. The big chief said last week that he will always have no problem putting the game in the hands of his defense at the end so he probably influenced the play calling there. Reffing snafu cost us 25 seconds or one of their timeouts plus Travis running out of bounds cost another 40 or their last timeout. Not sure it would have mattered in the end as we couldn’t get home on Book and the clock stopping after first downs in college means you can definitely go 85 yards in 1:10 or so.

Nov 8, 2020, 12:42 AM

Bless your heart. Now put down the bottle.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 12:43 AM

Don’t forget the coaching staff let the clock run down in regulation. There was 1 minute left and they had 1st down at the 4. We didn’t use a TO and save 30 seconds ??.

Coaches were bad tonight. B A D

Nov 8, 2020, 12:44 AM

Bull

Bull

Bull

Nov 8, 2020, 12:45 AM

Bull

Snowflake

Nov 8, 2020, 12:49 AM

Stop your crying.

This team loses a game and your knives come out. Shame on you for eating our own.

Did this team not play the best game? Yes. Does it welcome you as a weak-ass arm-chair QB to criticize Elliot? No.

Respect. We will come back and I hope you come back to us. If not, BYE.

Re: Snowflake

Nov 8, 2020, 12:52 AM

Stop your crying.

This team loses a game and your knives come out. Shame on you for eating our own.

Did this team not play the best game? Yes. Does it welcome you as a weak-### arm-chair QB to criticize Elliot? No.

Man did you watch the game! Coaching is coaching & they get paid & yes if you can’t see there was so many coaching mistakes then I don’t think you know football! I love my Tigers but they were not well coached tonight!

Nov 8, 2020, 2:19 AM

Have you not seen how well those coaches have done over the last few years?

Nov 8, 2020, 12:52 AM [ in reply to Snowflake ]

Stop your crying.

Did this team not play the best game? Yes. Does it welcome you as a weak-### arm-chair QB to criticize Elliot? No.

Man did you watch the game! Coaching is coaching & they get paid & yes if you can’t see there was so many coaching mistakes then I don’t think you know football! I love my Tigers but they were not well coached tonight!

Nov 8, 2020, 3:01 AM

Yeah our defense was lights out...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 7:48 AM

Spot on! Elliott and Dabo both! Played to lose!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like someone else posted

Nov 8, 2020, 7:51 AM

it was likely Dabo wanting to put the game in BV's hands, when defense is our problem this year. Yes, we our down a lot of the defense, but coaches should take that in to consideration. I agree, and said at the time, we needed 1 1dt down and to make them use their time outs.... didn't happen. Largely coaching, some on the players. Hard fought game, DJU did incredible until the 2nd OT, then inexperience showed with the pressure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Like someone else posted

Nov 8, 2020, 8:59 AM

How many times did we have to run up the middle with ETN or DJ to find out we could not do it!
WE wasted play after play trying. ND line was way too tough for us this night.

TOL

Nov 8, 2020, 12:44 PM

Play calling did not keep our run game completely shut down. Poor blocking and backups did that. Nothing wrong with running the ball to burn clock if you can manage 3.4 yards per play. And Tony Elliot did not stop the clock. The refs and ETN did that.

Nov 8, 2020, 4:16 PM

TE did not cause the loss. The fact that the greatest player in college football is out with covid, three of our best wide receivers, Ross, Ngata, and Ladson are out or badly hurt, and the o-line can't block for Sh*t is why we lost. And on defense the loss of 3 really good players due to injury means we have to score a lot of points. And the o-line problem will prevent us from winning a national championship this year.

Nov 8, 2020, 10:26 PM

Let me know when you get the Clemson OC job, it was not play calling it was execution. Cannot blame coach Elliot for poor execution. the right call was to run the ball 3 x get what you can, make them use all there T?o's and pin them deep. ETN going out of bounds was an unforced error. Tony Elliot didn't give up and 50 yard pass, Tony Elliot didn't cause the personal foul on Book that erased their holding and gave them a first down instead of being pinned back. So save your amateur analysis.

Clemson played a hell of a game, ND played a little better. Won't happen next time.

Nov 9, 2020, 9:28 AM

Pacific Coast, you will now be known as the master race baiter! Enjoy your new handle.

Elliot for the most part called a good game with what we had

Nov 9, 2020, 9:50 AM

however that 2 minute series was #### poor. I think he knows that, I know ,Dabo knows that, and we won't get caught like that again. Nobody's perfect.

Replies: 62
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic