Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To the 2000+ “fans” that sold their tickets to dookies...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

To the 2000+ “fans” that sold their tickets to dookies...

Feb 18, 2018, 3:20 PM

I’m talking to you....

YOU are what is wrong with Clemson basketball.

It’s not facilities or recruiting or the coach... it’s YOU!

You’d rather make a quick $100 than show up and support or give your ticket to a fellow tiger.

Fire away

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll give you a thumbs up for that!! No need to help the

Feb 18, 2018, 3:24 PM

enemy!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spot on!

Feb 18, 2018, 3:29 PM

And these are probably the same people who ##### and complain all the time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree 100%. Embarrassing on TV.***

Feb 18, 2018, 3:38 PM

Nm

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was at the game.... A whole lot of duke fans....***

Feb 18, 2018, 3:39 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We don't sell out season tickets, why is it a Clemson fan's

Feb 18, 2018, 3:46 PM

fault?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because if we supported basketball worth a crap

Feb 18, 2018, 4:53 PM

season tickets would be sold out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: We don't sell out season tickets, why is it a Clemson fan's

Feb 18, 2018, 5:13 PM [ in reply to We don't sell out season tickets, why is it a Clemson fan's ]

lower area season tickets ARE sold out.

Re: To the 2000+ “fans” that sold their tickets to dookies...

Feb 18, 2018, 3:57 PM

I know 2 USC football/Duke basketball fans who were GIVEN tickets to today's game. Those tickets were behind OUR bench!!! High dollar IPTAY donor was the benefactor

Feb 18, 2018, 4:33 PM

How many of the ticket sellers play basketball or coach it? Please make another post for the real offenders. Look, I wish we would win every thing we play every time out, but let’s be honest, we ain’t dook.

you ain’t we***

Feb 18, 2018, 4:46 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2018, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Re: To the 2000+ “fans” that sold their tickets to dookies... ]

No we ain't dook as you say, but how is that Duke can come into Littlejohn, and make Littlejohn look like they were playing at Duke's Cameron Indoor Stadium with the amount of Duke fans inside of Little John. You are a cheap minded human that don't deserve the tickets that you get that went into the hands of a Duke fan!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2018, 4:50 PM

Like I said on the other thread about this same subject. Many tickets are bought by companies for their employees or customer use/entertainment. No way to control who they root for.

I have had season tickets for 3 years and been to every game and this has been the case every year. People sitting next to me change each game because the seats belong to an organization.

This was the best atmosphere we have had. It was awesome and Littlejohn was rocking. You would know that if you were there.

I was there...

Feb 18, 2018, 5:02 PM

Thanks though

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was there...

Feb 18, 2018, 5:09 PM

So what’s the problem? It was a home environment that was loud and supportive. I yelled the entire time duke had the ball.

I don’t think anyone who donates a seat fee and purchases tickets to each game is part of the problem. They are doing more than most.

Feb 18, 2018, 5:32 PM

From the standpoint of this Duke fan, I thought the atmosphere was less hostile than I expected, and less hostile than it usually is for Duke's visit to town. I also heard the Duke cheers, something you don't normally hear in LJ.

Good post. If you heard the Duke cheers, then it wasn't

Feb 18, 2018, 5:45 PM

because of the "2000" tickets sold to Duke fans. It's because of the Clemson fans that were there not doing their part. If "2000" fans are louder than 7000 Clemson fans, there must be a lot of Clemson fans sitting on their hands.

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Feb 18, 2018, 6:09 PM [ in reply to Re: I was there... ]

Well I hope no one was or would be hostile to you DukeVisitor. I try to be nice to all opposing fans. :). I had a chuckle because the guy behind me and a UNc shirt and his son had a duke shirt and he told me something must have gone wrong along the way.

I thought it was a good environment because it was really loud at the end when it was tied and at other key points. I thought it was right on par with UNC. Perhaps it was just my section.

There was an audible duke chant but I believe that also happened at UnC game. I have also seen that at the Gamecock games.

I feel like there is always a lot of blame at the people who go to games for not being loud enough or selling tickets or what not. Why is there this need to call out people? Why not just step up and be the change that you want.

If you want more fans at the game buy tickets and go as often as you can. Don’t call out the people that try.

Great points!

Feb 18, 2018, 6:28 PM

I go to hockey games up here in DC. And it never fails vs the big market teams (Boston, NY, Chicago, Philly, Pitt), they'll have their fan base there and they get their cheers going.

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Feb 18, 2018, 10:06 PM [ in reply to Re: I was there... ]

I don't mean personally hostile to me as a fan, I mean a hostile, as in extremely loud and very pro Clemson and very anti Duke. Maybe it was because it was a Sunday game, earlyish, or whatever, but the crowd intensity wasn't what I've seen when Duke visits. As a Duke fan, I was happy to see that.

The best and biggest bball crowd ever for Clemson was in 1980 when number one ranked Duke came to town. That was like 13 thou plus crammed in there, fracturing a few thousand fire department codes no doubt. That was so loud I couldn't hear the radio announcers. And even in 2009, when Clemson pasted Duke by 24, the crowd was a rougher crowd than today.

But no, I've never been treated poorly at LJ......

Feb 18, 2018, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Re: To the 2000+ “fans” that sold their tickets to dookies... ]

Seriously? Best environment of the year?? I’ve been to every game & the crowd was absolutely dead until Gabe finally hit the 3 pointer at the end. I did all I could to wake those around me but kinda understand with how the team and/or coaching performed on the court.

I agree!

Feb 18, 2018, 5:07 PM

A friend of my enemy is my enemy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2018, 5:39 PM

Agree with you 100% easliytigr. Also what many fans don’t consider. One reason we start of strong is because our best 4 or 5 players are fresh. As we near the end of the season we just don’t have the depth to finish strong especially when we lose our best player. If Grantham had been playing I believe we win at FSU and against Duke. This team played their hearts out today but came up just a bit short. They should be applauded for their effort. Against FSU they did look lost. But you have those kind of games in a season.

Those fans that sold their tickets to Duke fans to me that is Treason against Clemson University! Get mad if you want but it shows you don’t care about Clemson it’s the $$$$ that is more important. I am sure Clemson fans would have purchased your tickets. I would have bought them myself if I could have made it down today.

Look at our football program. We did not become Elite overnight or until we recruited better talent and much better subs. Now we are strong all season.

Clemson needs to put more $$$ and effort into BB and recruiting if we want a top tier team year after year. You can’t lay all of Clemson’s basketball failures at Brad B’s feet. There is plenty of blame to go around which includes going back to when Frank Howard was the AD. And you can’t fix Clemson basketball as quickly as we fixed our football program. We have been playing catch up with the other teams in the ACC since it’s formation.

Our BB program and Brad B needs fan support. Stop throwing him under the bus. Without consistent fan support we want improve in recruiting or improve as a program. Stop complaining and get behind these guys and the coaches.

Go Tigers great effort today!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bought our tickets on stubhub and we wound up in the middle

Feb 18, 2018, 6:18 PM

of the Duke fans. So I’m guessing many of them bought their tickets on stubhub as well. Once you put your tickets up for sale on there you can’t control who buys them. And unfortunately (in this case) selling on stubhub is much easier than selling through another means that would allow you to tell who’s buying the ticket.

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Watched on TV from NC - the Duke chant at the end of the

Feb 19, 2018, 10:09 AM

game was pretty bad....Showed just how many Duke folks were there. (A lot.)

If you're not a fanatic, you're not a "fan."

Feb 19, 2018, 10:49 AM

Just a customer.

Hey man, some of us gotta get paid

Feb 19, 2018, 1:00 PM

Least I'm not selling crack to kids.

That's the way it is

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive