Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: In the Cards: Tigers' win wasn't pretty but it was effective
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

New Story: In the Cards: Tigers' win wasn't pretty but it was effective

Sep 18, 2015, 12:41 AM

In the Cards: Tigers' win wasn't pretty but it was effective

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and Clemson’s coaches and players thought Thursday’s win over Louisville was a beautiful thing. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CHECK THIS OUT!

Sep 18, 2015, 12:52 AM

Strange Penalties only against Clemson
1. Lawson Roughing the passer on 3rd and long to extend the drive for UL ending in 3 points
2. Illegal hands to the face Lawson half the distance on a failed 3rd down again led to TD
3. Multiple Holding calls ignored on UL for some odd reason.
4. Official Meeting to change the call to Defensive holding so that the tipped ball rule doesn't apply so Clemson doesn't have an interception and give UL 1st down in desperation
5. Uncalled pass interference on LB guarding Hopper face guarding and grabbed his arms before the ball was there.
6. Clemson starts to ice the game Watson clearly face masked (personal foul) face-mask that leaves him 1/2 yard short and changes spot overlooking repeatedly the fact he was facemasked like fn crazy I mean he was tackled by the face mask for 5 yards. (NO CALL) Forces Clemson to punt!

points granted off penalty 3rd down conversion by Shyte Officiating crew!
10 of UL 17 points were only because of bad calls.
7 points pulled off Clemson for bad officiating
now look at the score!
27-7 maybe worse! It was clear that they wanted to generate an upset tonight!

Out of all this Clemson still wins the Game! GO TIGERS! BUT TO THE REFS AND THE ACC GO F YOURSELF FOR WHAT YOU TRIED TO PULL TONIGHT IT WAS OBVIOUS!

Re: CHECK THIS OUT!

Sep 18, 2015, 1:03 AM

You nailed it...hard to have to win when you also play against eSECpn and little joey "sweetford" and his Baby Blue arss officials...but the Tigers did.

Sep 18, 2015, 1:41 AM [ in reply to CHECK THIS OUT! ]

Based on some other comments on reddit, the unbiased general public of college football fans seem to agree with you/us.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2015, 7:50 AM

I think it's safe to assume that a large portion of the general college football fans (that bet) probably put money that we would cover the spread.

A lot of money was lost on those bad calls! I'm sure they will be voicing their opinions as well. That's why I only wager with cards. :)

Still a "W" for us!

Go Tigers

Yep, you are so right... Plus our play calling was poor***

Sep 18, 2015, 6:37 AM [ in reply to CHECK THIS OUT! ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Refs were abysmal and should be embarrassed

Sep 18, 2015, 9:29 AM [ in reply to CHECK THIS OUT! ]

Several missed calls:
+ a trip by a UL offensive lineman, should have been 15 yards
+ a false start on the last play of the game (admittedly this worked in our favor, but still)
+ Someone tried to horsecollar Gallman at least once
+ pass interference when that safety took out the receiver's arms just before the ball got there
+ FACEMASK FOR EFFING CRYING OUT LOUD HOW DO YOU MISS THAT. THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN GAME OVER RIGHT THERE

Plus those two bogus roughing calls against Lawson. Complete bullcrap, especially the second one.

I do think they got the holding/PI call right, as much as it made me mad.

Those ACC officials should be called to the carpet, fined, suspended, whatever. They were absolutely awful.

Re: Refs were abysmal and should be embarrassed

Sep 18, 2015, 11:10 AM

<<<
I do think they got the holding/PI call right, as much as it made me mad.
>>

true but one of the interceptions the Louisville D got the DB pulled Scotts Jersey while he was in the air and moved Scott out of the way and got the pick

Sep 18, 2015, 10:20 AM [ in reply to CHECK THIS OUT! ]

The game that you just detailed is the exact game that I watched play out over the course of the game. Was the reffs calls just one of those things that happen, well, they may get someone other than me to believe them. I sure as H&LL will never believe that was just how the ball bounced. The calls and no calls were just so blatant and directed as one sided.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty pathetic officiating no doubt

Sep 18, 2015, 1:46 PM [ in reply to CHECK THIS OUT! ]

I bet Patrino wouldn't argue that either after they burned his time out for no reason what-so-ever.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

CHECK THIS OUT!

Sep 18, 2015, 12:56 AM

Strange Penalties only against Clemson
1. Lawson Roughing the passer on 3rd and long to extend the drive for UL ending in 3 points
2. Illegal hands to the face Lawson half the distance on a failed 3rd down again led to TD
3. Multiple Holding calls ignored on UL for some odd reason.
4. Official Meeting to change the call to Defensive holding so that the tipped ball rule doesn't apply so Clemson doesn't have an interception and give UL 1st down in desperation
5. Uncalled pass interference on LB guarding Hopper face guarding and grabbed his arms before the ball was there.
6. Clemson starts to ice the game Watson clearly face masked (personal foul) face-mask that leaves him 1/2 yard short and changes spot overlooking repeatedly the fact he was facemasked like fn crazy I mean he was tackled by the face mask for 5 yards. (NO CALL) Forces Clemson to punt!
7 & 8. two obvious Push off by UL WR to get his two long receptions.

Points granted off penalty 3rd down conversion by Shyte Officiating crew!
10 of UL 17 points were only because of bad calls.
7 points pulled off Clemson for bad officiating
now look at the score!
7 points due to our in ability to kick the ball deep in the endzone and horrid Kick Coverage! That should never happen!
27-7 maybe worse! It was clear that they wanted to generate an upset tonight!

Out of all this Clemson still wins the Game! GO TIGERS! BUT TO THE REFS AND THE ACC GO F YOURSELF FOR WHAT YOU TRIED TO PULL TONIGHT IT WAS OBVIOUS!

Sep 18, 2015, 7:50 AM

9. The no call on the UL OL blatantly tripping Lawson

play calling

Sep 18, 2015, 1:01 AM

First off I am very happy to have a win tonight and be 3-0. On the other hand I'm just very confused about our play calling. I just feel like most times when we run the ball its a HB dive right up the middle. Sometimes we will do it on 1st and 2nd down. I feel like there were many dropped balls tonight that could've went for big plays, like Gallman's drop and the bad pass to wide open legget. I really like Elliot and I have total trust in him but I just wonder why we don't run Gallman outside more and let Deshaun throw it down field more often.

Re: play calling

Sep 18, 2015, 1:43 AM

yeah I excuse is that the defenses are playing off Clemson's receivers and making them dink and dunk...I think the running plays they design take too much time to develop. RBs cant get a head of Steam. I have no idea why Ray Ray and Cain ever left the field either I think Deon Cain is that Deep Threat if the let him double move and give him so freedom he'll get open.I think the running game needs less dressing less zone blocking and more hit the hole quick with a full head of steam. It would open up the back end of the field.

Sep 18, 2015, 2:29 AM

I understand what your saying, good point. I agree that they take too much time to develop. I was just really frustrated with the fact we stalled on many drives that should've ended in points. Much of this I feel was a mixture of missed opportunity and play calling. Hopefully we will tighten this up in this 16 day break while we get ready for the Irish.

Sep 18, 2015, 9:37 AM

but, remember Watson tried two deep balls both were picked off. Take what they give you. Watson obviously wasn't his usual self in passing, so be safe. Bottom line, we won so who cares.

Sep 18, 2015, 6:38 AM [ in reply to Re: play calling ]

Detainee seemed to be throwing into double and triple coverage often. That's fine when Mike Williams is on the field and we have the height advantage - not so when we're trying to find Artavis Scott and he has 3 defenders.

Sep 18, 2015, 7:57 AM

If Scott keeps his footing... he comes down with that one.

Not blaming Scott, it was a bad throw. Just saying that he has made many catches like that, adjusting late for the ball and fighting for it.

Scotts ability to "go up" for the ball is phenomenal and he plays like he's 6'3". (when he stays on his feet)

Sep 18, 2015, 8:11 AM [ in reply to Re: play calling ]

Guys clearly the reason we are struggling on offense is we don't have our stud receiver mike Williams playing. Charone peake is not that good and our young o-line at ready yet. However I believe with 2 weeks of prep time and rest we are gonna silence all doubts when we beat up on notre dame and gtech.

I wasn't happy with some of the play calling either

Sep 18, 2015, 9:41 AM [ in reply to play calling ]

but I don't know how you can criticize a running game where your leading rusher averages 5.8 ypc for 139 yards against a very good louisville front seven. In fact it is because the running game was so successful that I couldn't understand why we didn't take advantage of play action passing more.

Re: New Story: In the Cards: Tigers' win wasn't pretty but it was effective

Sep 18, 2015, 3:40 AM

Def some gone cooking by the refs, worst one sided called game since Ohio State in the OB and it was close to being that bad. Agree with the comments made about Cain, he is the deep threat we are missing with Williams being out. Oline still needs work but I have seen worse. Bottom line is we went on the road to play a Team that really should have beat Auburn. The Defense showed they are for real. Watson had an off game, Bilo kicker not half bad and kick-off coverage needs a lot and I mean a lot of work and we still won. Top teams find ways to WIN. Wasn't pretty but it was a WIN. I'll take it. Go Tigers!!!!

Sep 18, 2015, 3:41 AM

Home Cooking

Sep 18, 2015, 4:52 AM

good job Tigers.

Oh man. I hate it for Venables, but doesn't he know that anniversaries and birthdays are not allowed during football season? Surely there was a discussion about this before he got married...
:P

Sep 18, 2015, 5:16 AM

We had 200+ yards rushing behind an inexperienced OL dealing with a pretty stout front 4 from Louisville. ..what are you jabbering on about the run game being ineffective?
Faulty analysis on that part of it .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 18, 2015, 6:06 AM

Good post, Tigerdug23!!!! You get a TU for that one.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2015, 6:44 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: In the Cards: Tigers' win wasn't pretty but it was effective ]

Agree with this analysis. Kickoff coverage problem is pretty obvious: kicks are get to the receiver too fast... either kick it higher (and shorter) or longer. And for heaven's sake, tell the kickoff team players to stay in their lanes instead of immediately crashing to the ball. It ain't rocket science!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2015, 7:14 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: In the Cards: Tigers' win wasn't pretty but it was effective ]

:)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heyull, if he'll let me know her birthday

Sep 18, 2015, 6:09 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: In the Cards: Tigers' win wasn't pretty but it was effective ]

I'll send her flowers ever year so he doesn't have to worry about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Heyull, if he'll let me know her birthday

Sep 18, 2015, 7:35 AM

I would prefer that BV just give her a hard fought road win each year for her birthday and a national championship for X-mas

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heyull, if he'll let me know her birthday

Sep 18, 2015, 8:01 AM

That would be a late X-mas... better to make it an early V-day!

So, they don't review the grounding play

Sep 18, 2015, 5:34 AM

but review the spot play that shows the obvious facemask with a ref in perfect position to see the penalty and you know he had to be looking right at it since the player was going down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, they don't review the grounding play

Sep 18, 2015, 6:06 AM

The obvious face mask on Watson is not a reviewable play per the rules.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was pointing out that they chose to review one play

Sep 18, 2015, 6:11 AM

and not the other. I was also pointing out that the ref that was 10 feet from the facemask looking directly at the play, with Watson's head being jerked sideways, missed the call. They knew they missed the call yet still reviewed the play to determine the spot. A few plays later when it was obvious grounding, they decided not to check the spot.

Re: I was pointing out that they chose to review one play

Sep 18, 2015, 6:51 AM

I don't agree that it was grounding. Look at thr featured picture for this article. Looks clearly as if Bolin was down.

Sep 18, 2015, 7:16 AM

Correct, he was called down prior to the throw.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2015, 7:32 AM

agree, and didn't that help us because it kept the clock running?

Sep 18, 2015, 9:53 AM

YES - they had no timeouts and players scattered across the whole field - took any attempt at a field goal off the table...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2015, 7:52 AM [ in reply to I was pointing out that they chose to review one play ]

Also, the fact that he was down by sack and not grounding probably worked in our favor as time continued to run preventing them from running the kicking team on or getting a chance for organized Hail Mary.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There wasn't grounding on that last play

Sep 18, 2015, 10:53 AM [ in reply to So, they don't review the grounding play ]

because it was a sack. If they had called it incomplete then it would have been grounding. Once the quarterback is tackled he can throw the ball wherever he wants if he wants to slow the game down and take 20 something seconds to run the last play.

Sep 18, 2015, 7:54 AM

Deep threat?! Peake? Where was Peake? He is a ball hawk and everyone seems to have forgotten him....

Sep 18, 2015, 8:05 AM

I was wondering that all night!

I kept thinking... their keeping him in their pocket and any play now... but it never happened!

Sep 18, 2015, 8:47 AM

I agree that there were a lot of bad calls last night. Our offense struggled and seemed to be sluggish during the entire 1st half. I am proud of how McCloud III and Cain did last night as true freshman on the big stage! They caught some critical throws to keep the drive going. I think if our offense sputters against Notre Dame, they can easily put up some points on us and get us far behind. We have 2 weeks to get ready. You better believe I will be watching 2 great ACC games, one tonight FSU vs BC and then Saturday, ND vs GT. All these teams haven't played against any true competition so it will be interesting to see how well they will do in these bigger games. I am thankful that we play our biggest games at home this season. I hope that having 2 weeks off won't hurt us like some bye weeks can. I am really proud of our defense! They haven't missed a beat since losing all those players to the NFL. Keep reloading Dabo!

Lastly, it will be interesting if Lakip comes in to replace Huegel. Huegel is doing really good for a walk-on plus an architecture student! Lastly, proud of Renfrow the other walk-on for the great catch and score last night. He reminds me a lot of Adam Humphries.

I call Renfrow the Waterboy

Sep 18, 2015, 12:48 PM

well not to his face, but he's Humphries 2.0 (H20).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I call Renfrow the Waterboy

Sep 18, 2015, 9:48 PM

H2O, that is awesome!

No False Start call on the last play was terrible

Sep 18, 2015, 2:48 PM

Watched the game again and agree that the officiating was suspect at best. The personal foul calls were ridiculous and the no calls on the facemask of D. Watson and false start on the hail Mary were just plain awful.

Re: No False Start call on the last play was terrible

Sep 18, 2015, 5:15 PM

I said to the people I was watching the game with, as they were commenting on the AWFUL ref calls, that the NCAA doesn't want to see us go undefeated...they don't want an ACC team in the CFP as they owe a spot this year to a Big12 team. Also evidenced by how almost every sportscaster is projecting the ACC will be the conference left out this year. We are going to have an uphill battle going undefeated because I think we'll see a lot of what we saw from the refs last night in all of our games.

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic