Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was on campus recently....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,765

I was on campus recently....

Jul 20, 2016, 6:54 AM

And was just in awe of the amount of construction. Beyond Dabo's world, most were around student housing. Whether it be down 93, 76, downtown, or smack in the middle of campus.

It's awesome!

What will the student attendance reach when it is all down? When I was there it was roughly 16k plus 2-3k grad students.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Done* not down.

Jul 20, 2016, 6:55 AM

Can't even blame Siri for that one. Lol

Re: I was on campus recently....

Jul 20, 2016, 8:05 AM

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/clemson-university-3425

US news currently has undergrad enrollment listed at 17,260. Add in another 4k grad students and enrollment is over 21k.

I hadn't heard anything about Clemson trying to increase enrollment. I think it's creep-ed up out of necessity due to the large #'s of applicants. It seems they've always tried to manage the # of enrolled students. Class size, and admission standards seem to be what's keeping Clemson from blowing up.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Super Pic of some of Clemson's favorite spots we all love

Jul 20, 2016, 8:46 AM

And cherish in our memories of old campus.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd prefer we not blow up. Being a smaller Univeristy is

Jul 20, 2016, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: I was on campus recently.... ]

part of Clemson's charm.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Jul 20, 2016, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Re: I was on campus recently.... ]

I think class size has ballooned. I heard engineering classes are now around 90. It was maxed at 40 when I was there.

Jul 20, 2016, 3:45 PM

That's nuts, I didn't know that.

When I was a student I think total enrollment was 16-17k. Even back then, one of my professors told me that Clemson was fighting hard to keep class size under 30.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2016, 8:56 AM

Long term plan puts it in the neighborhood of 22-23K undergrad, I think, along with 7K graduate. I think that's still small enough to maintain the family atmosphere we're all used to

Jul 20, 2016, 9:13 AM

Not to be Johnny Raincloud here, but there is some evidence that the future is not bright for bricks-and-mortar 4-year colleges. Phoenix, SNHU and other online universities, as well as technical colleges, are more relevant to skills development. If student housing were needed at CU, it could have been handled by the private sector. A $1 billion budget for Clemson is quite breathtaking when you really think about it. When the economy takes a major hit, and it's only a question of when, not if, there's going to be a lot of pain when the bills can't be paid. Just sayin' ...

not sure awe is the right word

Jul 20, 2016, 3:48 PM

construction kinda sucks and when they finish there's always a new project to do,

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,765
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic