Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was naive. Before all of this progressed, I was sad that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,849

I was naive. Before all of this progressed, I was sad that

Aug 5, 2020, 11:02 AM

football season might be cancelled. I was mostly sad for players like T. Lawrence, and Etienne. I knew they wanted to play their last season to the fullest. Today, top level players all across the country are opting out. A safety from Penn State, a player from West Virginia, a top receiver from Minnesota have all joined Farley of Virgiinia Tech in opting out. Fortunately, we haven't heard of any of our players doing that yet, but it could be coming any minute.

I was really naive in thinking that the players would really be the ones heartbroken about missing this season. Not only the seniors, but the true freshmen that have waited all their lives for this moment. Lokking at what is happening with players opting out, I see thatI was very wrong. I'm not saying I blame them. Perhaps it is the move to make, but I definitely see that my thought pattern was way off base. Knowing that, I won't feel as bad if the season is cancelled. I don't think it means as much to the players as I thought it did. A little concerned now that this "opt out" of the season strategy, that began to surface in the bowls a couple of years ago, might become the norm for final year, high draft choice players even when Covid is not an issue.

And the ### continues to crack.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately, there has a developed an "all or nothing"

Aug 5, 2020, 11:08 AM

mindset with the sport. If you're not playing for the playoffs, what's the point?

Fortunately for Clemson, I would assume the players believe that they are playing for the national championship this year. Tough to walk away from that. That doesn't make it any better to watch, but it does make it better for Clemson, Bama and Ohio State.

null

Sometimes the best solutions for cracks are the simplest

Aug 5, 2020, 11:10 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: I was naive. Before all of this progressed, I was sad that

Aug 5, 2020, 11:17 AM

We are presently talking about 4 players on a national level-take 65 teams x 85 scholarships =5,525 players for the major schools. Do not let a small minority make the way you view for all of the players, that is the problem in America. Just like 11 PAC 12 players do not speak for the total of 1,020 players in the conference.

Aug 5, 2020, 11:22 AM

I'd say the vast majority of players want to play. Of course the few who opt out will be portrayed by the media as some kind of wave of discontent at being forced to play, which clearly isn't the case. In other words stop paying attention to sports media

I wish I had more thumbs for Love & NC!***

Aug 5, 2020, 11:25 AM

Aug 5, 2020, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: I was naive. Before all of this progressed, I was sad that ]

And Jay Bilas, who I have nothing positive to say about, has jumped all over this. My world would be so much better if he was not allowed to be involved with college athletics in any way.

Has even said one thing about Duke's basketball cheating?***

Aug 5, 2020, 2:58 PM

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,849
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic