Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was just called a Coot on Tnet- hilarious!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

I was just called a Coot on Tnet- hilarious!

Dec 16, 2019, 12:03 PM

Hilarious, moronic, and offensive! I have 100% TU rate, and love Clemson more than any other sports team in the world. It’s not even close either, as the Tigers have kept my spirits up through multiple surgeries from Crohn’s disease and the normal adversities that people go through.

I love Clemson so much, I was happy with Tommy Bowden to the extent he brought exciting players in and won some good games. This was compared to my time in Clemson, which I had to drop out due to health problems, when the Offense only knew the HB dive. Clemson was not what it is today, and it is an absolute joy.

The moral of the story, take care in who you call a South Carolina fan because you don’t really know.

Go Tigers! Beat the Focknuts!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Message removed by Author

Dec 16, 2019, 12:05 PM

Message removed by Author

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: I was just called a Coot on Tnet- hilarious!

Dec 16, 2019, 12:06 PM

I love cookies.

Dec 16, 2019, 12:13 PM

I think we've all been called "coot!" We know you're 100% Clemson Tiger!! It was probably a joke. Best of luck with your health. Go Tigers!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2019, 12:34 PM

Thanks MfO, true!

Nice try,

Dec 16, 2019, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: I was just called a Coot on Tnet- hilarious! ]

Coot!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Them,

Dec 16, 2019, 2:43 PM

fighting words right there!!! Meet me in Gaffney at 5 under the big peach. :)

How's the golf game TH76?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Them,

Dec 16, 2019, 3:07 PM

Non-existent, MFO. I shoot in the 60's.

Any colder than that, I don't play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I also shoot in the 60's but it's only on 9 holes!***

Dec 16, 2019, 3:24 PM

Dec 16, 2019, 12:14 PM

Has happened to quite a few on here. Even me a while back right after I joined. I finally figured out that sometimes it's best to just be quiet instead of telling the truth so you don't get cooted to death

Someone called me a Coot . . . Once when I

Dec 16, 2019, 12:18 PM

Initially started supporting Dabo for coach back in 2008. I don't think they fly over here anymore. Go Tigers!!!!!!!

Re: I was just called a Coot on Tnet- hilarious!***

Dec 16, 2019, 12:19 PM

Tell 'em...

Dec 16, 2019, 12:22 PM

Coot!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2019, 12:22 PM

It’s a common occurrence for some of us. I’m a 3rd generation Clemson alumnus and my two oldest are there now making the 4th generation. I find that anything not in lockstep with some of these Walmart fans brings out the “hey coot.” Disgusting and childish.

I’ve been called much, much worse.***

Dec 16, 2019, 12:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

an 11 warrior?***

Dec 16, 2019, 12:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve learned over the years

Dec 16, 2019, 12:31 PM

That if you voice an opinion that is different from some of the fans who likely have never attended a football game in DV in their life you are immediately a stupid coot who knows nothing. Sadly these same fans are the first to jump on a prayer request!

Re: I’ve been called much, much worse.***

Dec 16, 2019, 12:38 PM [ in reply to I’ve been called much, much worse.*** ]

I’m not sure there’s anything worse than being called a coot! And, yes, I’ve been called a coot before, too, for pointing out CU fan behavior which was not stellar.

Message was edited by: Tiger Nana®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well, you are

Dec 16, 2019, 2:44 PM [ in reply to I’ve been called much, much worse.*** ]

cutigerbob®'s Scok!!

Coots sometimes call Tigers coots***

Dec 16, 2019, 12:27 PM

Well it was a Cootish thing you said about Dabo's recruiting.

Dec 16, 2019, 12:31 PM

Just saying, fella.

Re: Well it was a Cootish thing you said about Dabo's recruiting.

Dec 16, 2019, 12:38 PM

I disagree- that was not a knock on character of Dabo or what I believe things he says in recruiting. It was about the Pac12’s mediocrity, but it’s not as bad as saying a coach will retire soon which is what he actually did.

And yet he was correct.

Dec 16, 2019, 12:42 PM

But whatever you need to say to make yourself feel better. I took it as you indeed knocking Dabo's character. Now whether you're a coot or not I could care less about.

Re: And yet he was correct.

Dec 16, 2019, 3:54 PM

I wasn’t at all, but you are allowed understand things the way you will. I admire Dabo and his character, everything about what he does. The PAC 12 is weak and haven’t been to playoffs since 2015, why wouldn’t he use it? Give me a break

Dec 16, 2019, 12:40 PM

I get called a tater all the time on The Big Spur.

I know the feeling.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Dec 16, 2019, 12:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Dec 16, 2019, 12:43 PM

Welcome to the club!

Dec 16, 2019, 1:13 PM

80% of the coot retorts: are merely a lazy and/or inane defense mechanism used when one dissagrees with a point of view, that is supported by statements of fact??

Dec 16, 2019, 1:55 PM

It makes being on here a joke sometimes. Truly, the kids on here are running the asylum.

Dec 16, 2019, 2:16 PM

Being called a coot is like part of the welcoming system to Tnet. You are right to take offense, because it would be horrible to actually be a coot, but it is routinely used to quash dissenting opinions around here. If you have not been called a coot yet you ain't been here too long or expressed too many opinions. Keep in mind there are quite a few actual coot trolls who post here every day even after multiple bans. Pity is the correct thing to feel for them.

Dec 16, 2019, 2:34 PM

I doubt there is a poster here who has not been called a coot. I got thumbs downed and called a coot many times for advocating the firing of Tommy Bowden for several years prior to it happening. Any negative comment about choking Chad Morris used to bring the fury.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic