Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reading about the untimely death of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Reading about the untimely death of

Apr 20, 2019, 9:57 PM

David Young reminded me of another Tiger guard who passed away at a young age. Butch Zatazelo, who played in the late 60’s died at the age of 57 I believe. That boy could shoot... and he wasn’t bashful either. I don’t think the three point shot was a part of college ball when he played. If it had he would certainly set the scoring record for Clemson. He shot a lot from “downtown”. RIP Tiger greats.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reading about the untimely death of

Apr 20, 2019, 10:02 PM

He did that - FOREST... Loved watching him play !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

showing your age,I remember him as well***

Apr 21, 2019, 8:01 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: showing your age,I remember him as well***

Apr 21, 2019, 9:40 AM

Yep - hp .... but that’s ..., ok .... -:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Re: Reading about the untimely death of

Apr 20, 2019, 10:12 PM

ANd Demontez Stitt died young also.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YeP, Butch was fantastic & a joy to watch!

Apr 20, 2019, 10:15 PM

And a super nice young man off the court, too!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was in Jr Hi School attending basketball camps . . .

Apr 20, 2019, 10:18 PM

in Clemson when Butch was at Clemson . . . he was a scoring machine, way ahead of his time . . . all of us kids were in awe of him

Here is the write up after he died. It includes many of his records while at Clemson, it brought back good memories. (Does anyone remember what he died from?)

https://www.goupstate.com/article/NC/20050827/news/605176832/SJ/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was in Jr Hi School attending basketball camps . . .

Apr 21, 2019, 2:00 AM

That was a nice write up - Skeeta - thanks for posting! That’s amazing that he still holds the ppg record !

Re: I was in Jr Hi School attending basketball camps . . .

Apr 21, 2019, 6:41 AM

I watched a lot of games that Butch played in. My memory is not great from so long ago, but I don't remember anyone else on the team being able to shoot very well, so they fed the ball the Butch. He was very good, but opposing teams knew that was pretty much all we had, so they planned against his threat. He had a great looking girl friend too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic