Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was here before clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

I was here before clemson

Jul 21, 2018, 12:57 PM

was the "it" school. I was here for Hatfield, West, and Bowden. Good, bad, popular, unpopular I was here cheering. I will always be here cheering for our mighty Clemson Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bowden on one knee chewing the sideline grass

Jul 21, 2018, 1:03 PM

during some inexplicable loss was always a fun image.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, well, at least he brought us this...

Jul 21, 2018, 1:27 PM

fresh-faced, lanky, young go-getter

you just knew his days were numbered

Jul 21, 2018, 1:37 PM

when he started wearing his shorts like that

With a quivering lip while picking his nose, but at the same

Jul 21, 2018, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Bowden on one knee chewing the sideline grass ]

time he was always, and I mean ALWAYS, a good Christian man

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: With a quivering lip while picking his nose, but at the same

Jul 21, 2018, 10:26 PM

Yes he is!
I also believe he was a big factor in persuading the administration to start spending the big bucks on our football program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least you didn't experience the Hootie and Red years

Jul 21, 2018, 2:12 PM

or did you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did....

Jul 21, 2018, 3:51 PM

Hootie was ok but followed a Frank Howard and that was tough, I’m sure. Red Parker good coach but didn’t get enough credit for the great wins against both UGA and GT, Charlie Pell was a great coach and an even greater con man. Danny was and is a great coach and Ambassador for Clemson. Ken Hatfield had the misfortune of following a legend, Tommy West was a good guy, not coach. Tommy Bowden started what Dabo has taken and run with it. Dabo....a great man, great coach and great leader!

Good run-down....***

Jul 21, 2018, 5:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

None of that compares to the John Stone era.

Jul 21, 2018, 2:23 PM

That dewdropper can go chase himself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

yup

Jul 21, 2018, 4:03 PM

I heard he showered with the players and coached the wrestling team. That was a different era.

Re: I was here before clemson

Jul 21, 2018, 2:26 PM

I’ve been here since the Frank Howard era. Attended my first game in 1963. Trust me when I tell you there’s never been a better time to be a Clemson Tiger!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2018, 2:37 PM

You are right; we are at the top of the mountain. Let's enjoy it. My first game was "Big Thursday" in 1954, and we lost to the coots. I attended Clemson in the mid 1960s, and we only won 50 games that entire decade. Our last year's seniors won 50 games in their careers.

Jul 21, 2018, 4:32 PM

I was a "rat" in 1956... believe me these are the "Golden Years"...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2018, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Re: I was here before clemson ]

Not sure we are at the top of the mountain yet. We are the best that Clemson has ever been, but we haven’t peaked yet!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think there are a lot on this board who have been here

Jul 21, 2018, 3:03 PM

Luckily, I was just a kid during the Hatfield years. I never really understood the disappointment and negativity from my grandpa who took me to the games.

I get it now. Hoping dabo will retire here, kinda like coach K at dook. Why leave the dynasty you built right?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think there are a lot on this board who have been here

Jul 21, 2018, 4:21 PM

Bowden was always 20-40 yards away from the nearest player. Standing or squatting all alone with his head phones on and chewing grass.

Jul 21, 2018, 7:25 PM

I become a Clemson fan when Frank Howard was walking the side lines in 1962, I had just turn 10 years old.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2018, 10:03 PM

I remember Pell leaving and Ford taking over . I haven't liked every hire but I supported them in their endeavor . They don't always do what you'd hoped they'd do , but Clemson has had a few really good ones in my time .
Dabo Swinney is our best in my opinion . Frank and Danny are 1B and 1C ... but Dabo has transformed this team into an elite team with a legitimate shot at winning a national championship each year now since 2014 ... he is a special guy and he loves this Clemson brand which he has succeeded in nationalizing .

Wow , what a great time to be a fan of THE Clemson University!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 21, 2018, 10:34 PM

That's a fact .....dug! ??

Jul 21, 2018, 11:35 PM

I was here for Ford, Pell, Parker, Ingram and some Howard and I echo those sentiments!!

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic