Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson (6) 5-Stars, SEC (10) 5-Stars, B10 (3) 5-Stars
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Clemson (6) 5-Stars, SEC (10) 5-Stars, B10 (3) 5-Stars

Dec 22, 2019, 4:24 AM

B12 (1) 5-Star, P12 (3) 5-Stars, Rest of the ACC (0) 5-Stars

Clemson with average recruiting class ranking of around 10 = 2 out of 3 National Championships

How will Clemson do with the best ranked classes?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only improvement I can come up with using your parameter

Dec 22, 2019, 5:14 AM

Is 3 outta 3 National Championships ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: The only improvement I can come up with using your parameter

Dec 22, 2019, 7:10 AM

Have a running clock in the second half of every game.... we’ll just be the ND State of the fbs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was doing some ‘compilation and review’ and this looks

Dec 22, 2019, 7:28 AM

like a good post to add it to. Here is the 24/7 Recruiting Rankings beginning with 2010:

Clemson Recruiting (per 24/7)

2010: 27 (Beasley, Nuk)
2011: 10 (Watkins, Martavis, MacLain, Dodd)
2012: 20 (Lawson, Watkins, Reader)
2013: 15 (Williams, Alexander, Boulware, Gallman)
2014: 16 (DW4, Artavis, Davis twins)
2015: 9 (CW42, Cain, the Bryants)
2016: 11 (DL90, I Simmons, Feaster)
2017: 16 (ETN, Tee, Amari)
2018: 7 (TL16, Ross, XT)
2019: 10 (T. Davis, Ngata, Ladson)
2020: 1 (DJU, Bresee - 5@5*!)

With no better than a 7th ranked class, HCDS & Co have won 2 Championships (and were DANG close to a win in ‘15!).

I think the third decade of the 21st century is going to start out VERY NICELY!

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: I was doing some ‘compilation and review’ and this looks

Dec 22, 2019, 7:52 AM

I guess it depends on what service you use because Clemson has had top 5 classes before this one. Rivals has Clemson with 6 five stars. 247 seems to be a little on the low end of our rankings at times. Considering Clemson’s success of late I’d venture to guess all of the recruiting services have Clemson’s recruiting classes ranked a little lower (or higher depending on which way you look at it).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Roger that!

Dec 22, 2019, 7:57 AM

I just arbitrarily picked 24/7.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Dec 22, 2019, 8:09 AM [ in reply to I was doing some ‘compilation and review’ and this looks ]

Several of our rankings were affected by not having a large or full class but we had some excellent in some of those classes.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2019, 10:18 AM [ in reply to I was doing some ‘compilation and review’ and this looks ]

Now show us Bamas and the Bucknuts ratings

Aren't there usually around 30

Dec 22, 2019, 8:02 AM

where are the others?

Rivals has 30 5-stars, SEC has 14 of them, ND has one

Dec 22, 2019, 8:26 AM

Clemson 6, PAC12 3, BIG10 4, Big12 2. Other service will vary slightly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad someone on here can count, that high! ??

Dec 22, 2019, 9:14 AM

Congrats Neal in NC and Dabo too!

LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Based on recruiting rankings, our toughest regular season opponent

Dec 22, 2019, 9:20 AM

will be Focus.

As we see every year, if you don’t come ready to play, any team can beat you. But our team is more focused than the average football program, so the future looks incredibly bright.

null

Re: Based on recruiting rankings, our toughest regular season opponent

Dec 22, 2019, 11:39 AM

That may be the most brilliant thing about this coaching staff - week after week focus.

Re: Clemson (6) 5-Stars, SEC (10) 5-Stars, B10 (3) 5-Stars

Dec 22, 2019, 11:41 AM

Earlier I posted a video of a good analysis of the game. In it the guy said if you are going to beat the Clemson D-Line you had better do it this year. The previous three or four were beasts and the next three or four (at least) will be.

Quality Depth. Practice Sharpening Talent

Dec 22, 2019, 11:51 AM

One thing Dabo stressed when he got the job was "being consistent"! You only get consistent if you get consistent performance from the majority! You can't have some players who get relaxed and know they are the best thing on campus and don't have to work to get playing time. Our coaching staff has it to where everything is graded. Every rep. Every time you don't finish. What that does is make a player become "eventually" subconscious of having to go hard "all the time"! Because you know the guy behind you on the depth chart is just as talented you can't relax. You can't afford to lose focus. It makes you work harder in the off season as a result "when it is supposed to be your turn next"! Meaning you have been in the program and worked as a back up but someone has moved on via graduation or draft.

The competitive depth of this team is going to be amazing! Don't sleep and don't take a play off or you could be sitting! It's the Bama formula - but with people who will treat you human as coaches!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic