Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I want us to run the ball as much as anybody but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,000

I want us to run the ball as much as anybody but

Nov 18, 2018, 9:51 AM

When a team is playing us man with a 10 yard cushion it's kind of hard to not throw the ball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I want us to run the ball as much as anybody but

Nov 18, 2018, 9:56 AM

You’re right. And when they have the numbers advantage in the box.

It would be idiotic to not throw the ball. We would be in 3rd and long all night. Believe it or not, the OCs know more about football than tnet does.

Nov 18, 2018, 10:15 AM

Yessir. You take what the D gives you. You don't just run it ever play if the D is stacking the box. We are WRU. If the D has 8 men in the box we need to throw the ball. Ofcourse we have to run which we did once we opened them up.

Nov 18, 2018, 10:14 AM

Cutcliff admitted after the game it’d be foolish for them to try and stop both. Even D. Hood tweeted at half that ETN only having 4 touches. Duke had to sellout and they did. Got fortunate that TL was off and our receivers had the dropsies.

We also either did a bad job blocking on the BS or Duke was defending it well., that being said, I do think we could have tried a couple jet sweeps and thrown in a few wrinkles to it.

I’m still extremely disappointed that we seem to have given up on using/ or developing the TE into our offense. Unless I missed it, the only try was the Galloway pass that he dropped.

We seem to want to use Renfrow as our TE.,

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2018, 10:32 AM

Agree for sure! We used Leggett like a big bodies wideout. I've seen us spread the TE out some but we just never seem to go that way. I would think with Ross, DK, Rodgers, and Higgins outside that it would open that seam route up down the middle more often. A deep out to the TE should be open as well. Who knows why. Ofcourse we don't have guys as good as Leggett but we have capable players for sure.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,000
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic