Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Tony Barnhart talks Clemson and Georgia
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,195

Football Update: Tony Barnhart talks Clemson and Georgia

Aug 20, 2013, 9:38 AM

Tony Barnhart talks Clemson and Georgia

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tony is buying into Clemson after coming and talking with

Aug 20, 2013, 9:48 AM

Venables and some defensive players - "I am still favoring Georgia (who wooda thunk it), however it the Tigers score enough points to beat Ga. and with USuck at end of schedule and FSU in middle, if they get to 13-0, they will be in."
Change of tune from Tony after visit with Coach V. and players!
CALIFORNIA DREAMING, ALL IN, ALL THE WAY TO PASADENA GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so he thinks the roses are orange in pasadena?***

Aug 20, 2013, 10:07 AM

I waiting to call Pasadena a lock for Clemson.

Aug 20, 2013, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Tony is buying into Clemson after coming and talking with ]

I just think it's impossible to tell about Clemson until at least halftime of the uGAY game. I gotta watch our special teams cover at least one kickoff and one punt return before I could make a claim to a MNC. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I waiting to call Pasadena a lock for Clemson.

Aug 20, 2013, 10:53 AM

I think CLEMSON has to be undefeated AFTER the FSU game to even think about the NC game. Right now - I still think UGA should be favored over us, even in OUR HOUSE. Let's hope I'm wrong.

JMO

Aug 20, 2013, 3:13 PM

If rankings mean anything (and I'm not saying these early ones do) then ugay should be favored, since they are ranked higher. That said, I see us matching up very well against them, and we have a great chance to show the world that we have become a factor in the NC discussion. A great showing still gets that message out, should ugay go on to win it all. IMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What makes you think we are going to punt? :)***

Aug 20, 2013, 11:05 AM [ in reply to I waiting to call Pasadena a lock for Clemson. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Exactly^^^***

Aug 20, 2013, 3:38 PM

Aug 20, 2013, 11:06 AM [ in reply to I waiting to call Pasadena a lock for Clemson. ]

I think that is a fare statement. I was just telling my wife last night that I see us having a great season IF, if our special teams have a MUCH better season than the last couple. As a non sports person, she says what is special teams. I tell her that is how well we can cover kick offs and punts, and I do believe our special team coverage will play a huge part in how our season plays out. I think by breaking Boulware in on special teams will be a huge plus. His aggressive nastiness will cause fumbles, and we will have to cover them. Anybody around Ben when he makes a hit should be looking for the ball on the ground.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't wait to see Ben either. IF he is the best LB we have,

Aug 20, 2013, 11:09 AM

put him out there. I've heard nothing but good things about him from HS and so far at Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're in the doghouse right now...

Aug 20, 2013, 12:55 PM

But that's exactly where I want us to be to start this season and this matchup with Georgia. We don't play well as favorites, but I truly believe our D is better than UGA's and think our offense can keep up with UGA's. If we win this game, our confidence has this team poised for a breakout year. I believe, and not because I am a fan, that we have the potential to run the table...as long as we remain hungry and don't get caught up in the hype.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Tony Barnhart talks Clemson and Georgia

Aug 20, 2013, 3:09 PM

Tony is right, IMO. If we go 13 -0 we are in the NC Game, and we certainly will be deserving.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,195
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic