Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can someone explain what a players shirt meant??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,476

Can someone explain what a players shirt meant??

Sep 13, 2020, 12:22 AM

One of the players had on a black shirt with white letters with the phrase, "All Lives Don't Matter!"? That should be offensive to everyone. And I am not making this up, I hit rewind like 5 times to makes sure I didn't misinterpret, but nothing about that phrase makes me happy. We all know the Player, not naming him but he is known.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't know what you're talking about. Post a pic of it***

Sep 13, 2020, 12:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can someone explain what a players shirt meant??

Sep 13, 2020, 12:32 AM

Sep 13, 2020, 2:08 AM

Definitely said, "All Lives Don't Matter!", On the front alone. Message was continued on back as I mentioned below. Just don't like the shirt message presentation I guess.

Sep 13, 2020, 2:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Can someone explain what a players shirt meant?? ]

Definitely said, "All Lives Don't Matter!", On the front alone. Message was continued on back as I mentioned below. Just don't like the shirt message presentation I guess.

Maybe he’s just a psychopath

Sep 13, 2020, 12:35 AM

They typically place very little value on the lives of others and he could just be expressing his emotions in a healthy outlet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe he’s just a psychopath

Sep 13, 2020, 12:43 AM

Was he wearing a mask?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Maybe he’s just a psychopath

Sep 13, 2020, 12:47 AM

It was in their Unity walk last week. Messages don't always translate properly just like text don't but there is definitely lacking transparency in some of these groups meanings.

I think that is in response to people that just blow back at

Sep 13, 2020, 12:42 AM

Black lives matter and say, "well, all lives matter". Of course everyone knows all lives matter, but it frustrates minority groups because they are the ones that are in these videos being killed by police. It would be like if someone were killing whatever group you are in, and to the point that you want to bring attention to it, but others would just respond, so buddy that goes for everyone.

I mean way back when I first heard black lives matter, years ago, my first response was all lives matter. And, for a long time, I couldn't figure out why that answer was offensive and not the right answer. But I have tried to educate myself and I have learned. And I really think what I said above is why "all lives matter" is not an appropriate response to this scenrio. Also I have heard black lives matter leaders say, "all lives can't matter until black lives matter". I take that to mean that they agree that all lives matter, but the crisis right now is that black lives matter because they have been the ones losing their lives in these videos. And that is what has to stop right now.

Now I don't want to get into some big political argument, or cause a long thread of ugly replies that make us all look bad. I could be really way off base, but that is the take of this 57 year old man that has watched it all on his television set. I have not been in the middle of all of this, but I do want the best for all Americans, black and white and all races. And I want the races to love and trust each other and to get along.And I want people to at least try to do as I have and learn and respect what someone else is feeling and going through.

Re: I think that is in response to people that just blow back at

Sep 13, 2020, 12:54 AM

Tell that to the police officers that just got shot in the head in Compton that only black lives matter.

Maybe we need some video of the violence and murders on Chicago and other major cities for people to wake up to ALL of the violence.

Our African American citizens and friends lives do matter and they are being killed in some instances by police but in more instances by other African Ameicans.

Some police reform and additional training is needed, but we need to protect these communities from bad players as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am equally heartbroken when an officer dies. My heart

Sep 13, 2020, 12:59 AM

breaks for their family. Whenever anyone dies in such a way, I always imagine if that had happened to my loved ones. Whether it is an officer that dies, or someone unarmed that dies at the hands of an officer, I put think of the surviving family members and it is heartbreaking.

Re: I am equally heartbroken when an officer dies. My heart

Sep 13, 2020, 2:50 AM

There is a difference though! If your family member was a felony rapist, fighting with cops, disregarding being tazed, had the cops called for breaking a "No-Contact" ruling, ignoring all cops orders, and then reaching into a car with children where there was a visible knife but you have to consider possibility of taking a child as a hostage shield, all of those facts and you have a police report acknowledgement?! I am pretty sure you would have to judge your choices in a matter of few seconds. I don't know if actions were warranted or not, it isn't my decision, but Im pretty sure it isnt worth $500million in damaged property and that was $$ a week ago, likely numbers are higher.

The anarchist tearing up private property and looting bizness' from Black, Asian, white, young, old, mixed race, LGBT, etc!!! How does any of that help the issue when the cops were called on a felon?

It doesn't. Then Kamala goes to hospital to congratulate the guy on fighting a good fight?? How about condemning idiots instead of breeding more by giving the support by potentially the second strongest person in America in 6 months. I just can't understand what people are thinking, I am shocked at the craziness that exists in whats right and whats wrong?? BLM only wants to reduce the penalties for wrongs, and take money away from wealthy.

Its funny, I don't see Biden saying I'm close to a Billionaire, im gonna give a million away every day for next 2 years and his son is billionaire from fraud, he could give it all away. MJ, Oprah, Lebron, JayZ, all billionaires, i dont see them redistributing all their money to live in a $200k house.

Its freaking crazy times, and im not liking where its headed.

Re: I think that is in response to people that just blow back at

Sep 13, 2020, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Re: I think that is in response to people that just blow back at ]

COTIGER1® said:

Tell that to the police officers that just got shot in the head in Compton that only black lives matter.

Maybe we need some video of the violence and murders on Chicago and other major cities for people to wake up to ALL of the violence.

Our African American citizens and friends lives do matter and they are being killed in some instances by police but in more instances by other African Ameicans.

Some police reform and additional training is needed, but we need to protect these communities from bad players as well.

Where in his post did he say only Black Lives Matter?

Ok, just looked up, seems to be likely this..

Sep 13, 2020, 12:42 AM

Front says: which is all I saw

All Lives Don't Matter

Back says:

Until Black Lives Matter!

Obviously I didn't see the back in the picture but that shirt got me a little riled up as it didn't make sense and sent a wrong message. Still think it shouldn't be worn as ppl can usually only see one side.

I used to have a t-shirt that said “make 7” on the front

Sep 13, 2020, 12:50 AM

And “up yours” on the back. I bet that would have really ticked you off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I used to have a t-shirt that said “make 7” on the front

Sep 13, 2020, 2:06 AM

No because I like Seagrams 7 and "Up" yours, i would have assumed it was 7 and 7up. But then i probably wouldn't have read the back. I dont make habits of chasing front and back of t-shirts. More common to read front as you are trying to recognize persons, but if it says "All Lives Don't Matter!", seems to automatically send a wrong message therefore I would not express anymore concern trying to reduce conflict.

One of our players?!!!***

Sep 13, 2020, 12:59 AM

Re: One of our players?!!!***

Sep 13, 2020, 2:11 AM

Yes but see above. It was a well known second string player but not going to name him. I guess the message continued on back but I only saw front pic. That is why I asked about message before I said something wrong without context. Still dont like the presentation of shirt but do be it!

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,476
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic