Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IF we were to change Death Valley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

IF we were to change Death Valley

Nov 15, 2018, 10:56 AM
DeathValley.jpg(139.2 K)

I am not good at Photoshop so let that criticism begin, I suppose, but attached is what I would like to see us do to the Valley. Basically extend the lower decks around even with the current hill. Move the screen (and add one) to either side and expand.

I think this would actually open up the view coming down Fort Hill or certainly doesn't block is as much as some suggestions I have seen. You could see the players at the top of the hill better as they would not be hidden behind the screen.

Also, I think this solves the student seating problems as there would be many seats added in this configuration - probably more than we need but maybe it would drop ticket prices some with more seats. If it is to many additional seats then start adding seat back seats in the South lower stands 20 yd line to 20 yd line.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IF we were to change Death Valley

Nov 15, 2018, 11:00 AM

I like it! This would keep a good portion of the hill and add more seating without spoiling the view of the stacks and Tillman clock tower. Like the video boards as well. Added benefit would be the increase in noise levels!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 11:13 AM

I like how you brought the balloons back. Nice. +1.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 15, 2018, 11:18 AM

yOU HAVE TO PUT THE tIGER BACK ON ONE OF THE BOARDS.

Nov 15, 2018, 11:18 AM

good idea.. but, i like seeing the buildings and the trees.. and, i like being able to see the buses pull up.. the only thing i think needs to be changed is do whatever it takes to fill the hill by time the cannon goes off.

agreed, the Tiger must stay (and be fixed)***

Nov 15, 2018, 12:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson has no interest in dropping ticket prices***

Nov 15, 2018, 11:19 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Clemson has no interest in dropping ticket prices***

Nov 15, 2018, 11:20 AM

Make it happen...................join IPTAY

I like that

Nov 15, 2018, 11:21 AM

And a much better photoshop effort than I would’ve been able to muster up.

I realize this would mess with the view so it might not be popular, but I’d love to see a 2nd level added to the stands that you built in. I think that would really close in the sound and make an already loud stadium that much louder. Also it would get us close to 100k capacity I would imagine which I would think would level off some of the rising ticket prices while still allowing a large # of students tickets to games.

I thought those stacks were going at some point. They

Nov 15, 2018, 11:27 AM

look hideous. Who wants a better view of those? They ruin the view of Tillman IMO.

I would add some sections to the existing stands and keeping a much narrower strip of the hill with grass. Allow only players on it and keep the orange carpet down the whole game. Would really make that strip of grassy hill even more sacred and the tradition would be much more visible the whole game with no one on it and the carpet rolled out.

Re: I thought those stacks were going at some point. They

Nov 15, 2018, 11:38 AM

I love the old stacks and would be upset if they took them down. Something about those things is sentimental to me, and I can’t tell you why. But I’m not in favor of their removal.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 11:28 AM
The Hill.JPG(82.7 K)

Seen this circulating for a while. Good rendering.

Nov 15, 2018, 11:37 AM

The new scoreboard is currently under discussion and will happen at some time.

I suspect, without knowing, that any improvements made in the east end zone will be configured around this new screen. No way will the hill be discarded. It’s to much of the Clemson tradition that we all admire. It would not surprise me to see enclosed seating like the new boxes that were recently constructed in the south stands but I hope not. You can be sure that whatever changes are made will be first class.

It takes money to add to the stadium so somebody’s going to help pay for it. Will it be you?

Nov 15, 2018, 12:28 PM

Good to hear. The current screen is both too small and very poorly placed.

Please God, no***

Nov 15, 2018, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: IF we were to change Death Valley ]

Nov 15, 2018, 11:32 AM

THis looks good except it adds seats where no one sits. Also if we ever drop those stacks I want to be the one to push the button to implode them

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks shopped***

Nov 15, 2018, 11:46 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Biggest problem with stands on that end: you'd have to

Nov 15, 2018, 11:50 AM

close Williamson Rd.

I am not good at tact, so NO!

Nov 15, 2018, 12:09 PM

NO!, NO! and....NO!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

I understand what you are saying but

Nov 15, 2018, 12:12 PM

change is coming if we like it or not. I don't think anything will happen for a while. They start the new Iptay building as soon as the season is over. Since they like symmetry, I think there will be a building on the South side of the West end zone to match it (maybe call it the Letterman's building I heard them mention many years ago). After all of that is done nothing else will fit on the west end. There will be something coming on the east end after that.

Why do they need to change the East?

Nov 15, 2018, 1:16 PM

I agree attendance is down in places

Nov 15, 2018, 1:58 PM

although seats have been removed from Death Valley since those games and the fire marshal cracked down on how many general admission "Hill" tickets were sold.

But that is why I said the total number of seats could be reduced by installing seat back seats. Those take up more room then the bleachers and would reduce the south lower deck being offset by the new bleacher seats in the east end zone.

Nice, but we need better audio too

Nov 15, 2018, 12:15 PM
DeathValley.jpg(56.0 K)

I found a place for speakers. Blends in well.

Re: Nice, but we need better audio too

Nov 15, 2018, 12:20 PM

Wow, I could hardly notice them....

Nov 15, 2018, 12:16 PM

This looks bad and you should feel bad.

I saw a photoshopped image of Death Valley that had a 3rd upper deck above the West EndZone. It looked really good.

Kind of like tihs, but like a normal upper deck without the stupid screen and seating around the screen

[IMG][/IMG]

That screen is needed to see the game from that height

Nov 15, 2018, 1:11 PM

:)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO, don't mess with the oculus***

Nov 15, 2018, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Re: IF we were to change Death Valley ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: NO, don't mess with the oculus***

Nov 15, 2018, 4:11 PM

;)

"Drop ticket prices"?

Nov 15, 2018, 12:20 PM

How do you think they're going to pay for the renovation?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Nov 15, 2018, 1:04 PM

ND has touchdown Jesus and we have touchdown P plant.

Nice work with the Photoshop, but

Nov 15, 2018, 2:00 PM

Personally, I wouldn't be on board with this.

We don't need any more seats. Plus, I like being able to see campus behind the hill. I think it would look silly having seats towering over either side of the hill like that

A for effort, though!

Nov 15, 2018, 3:19 PM

whatever they work out, there has to be two sections of GG. Having the team run down the hill without the fans on the hill beside them would take something away, more seats but less inspiring.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic