Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: #1 Recruit in nation backing off commit date
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: #1 Recruit in nation backing off commit date

Apr 11, 2012, 10:19 PM

#1 Recruit in nation backing off commit date

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: #1 Recruit in nation backing off commit date

Apr 11, 2012, 10:25 PM

this visit could be huge for us

Apr 11, 2012, 10:25 PM

We're still in it! Gallman needs to be in his and Kamara's ears to get those boys to come north and play for the Clemson Tigers. If he likes all the schools I think we have as good a shot as any. Hopefully he isn't a silent to LSU or Alabama that's just trying to play that recruting game.

No UGA or GT mentioned... Let's get this guy!!

Apr 12, 2012, 11:32 AM

We need a top DE on our roster.

Re: No UGA or GT mentioned... Let's get this guy!!

Apr 12, 2012, 8:07 PM

We need him lined up on our D chasing them QBs around and reeking havoc in our opposing back fields!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gotta be good news for us!***

Apr 11, 2012, 10:37 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe im looking to far into this

Apr 11, 2012, 10:52 PM

but wasnt it only a day or two after his visit to LSU when he was "ready to make his committment" but had already had it set or may?

Well now, the same day his teammate and one of the guys he says he would like to play with in college commits to us, he is "backing off his commit date" because he feels he may not be ready and he wants more time to think about it.

Maybe I'm just looking to far into it but it sounds like he was ready to commit to LSU and is reconsidering now that Gallman has commited to us, and we are Kamara's top school

I thought the same thing.....

Apr 11, 2012, 10:54 PM

GO GET EM DABO!!!!!

Re: I thought the same thing.....

Apr 11, 2012, 11:00 PM

Hes gonna be in our family....no doubt

Re: maybe im looking to far into this

Apr 11, 2012, 10:59 PM [ in reply to maybe im looking to far into this ]

I was thinking the same thing... Call me crazy but he is definitely looking around now.

I think everyone expects him to go SEC because they're the "super dominant perfect conference" or whatever and his coach is a Bama guy but maybe he experienced something in those hills that he just couldn't describe and he wasn't ready to commit to play in Death Valley Jr. or infront of those raging inbreads at Alabama and he wants to give Clemson another look. Again, call me crazy, give me all the TDs you want but I seriously think he is backing off for that reason. Who knows, I may be looking to much into it too but that's just what I see.

What is awesome is that if we get Rob it will cause a flood of other prospects. Kendall Fuller will be like "hmmm, I want to be a part of that defense..." and some other big time guys may look into Clemson a bit more.

Apr 12, 2012, 8:15 PM

Now you are really getting deep into the minds of kids lol....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2012, 8:12 PM [ in reply to maybe im looking to far into this ]

Yep!!! And his two friends headed to Clemson. It could be smiling time for us. And crying time for all the rest!!! I hope that is the way it happens anyway.

A lot of people neglect

Apr 12, 2012, 12:40 AM

That although his high school coach is a Bama Alum, he was also Dabo's teammate. Blood is thicker than water.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A lot of people neglect

Apr 12, 2012, 1:21 AM

I read online that they were actually roommates for a period of time, but then again that's today's reporting. It's like saying Chandler Catanzaro and Sammy Watkins were roommates when they were really just teammates and who knows, they may not even be close.

uh

Apr 12, 2012, 12:50 PM

I saw Sammy and Catman get off the same bus together, so there you have it

Re: uh

Apr 12, 2012, 8:13 PM

Haha you got me there. I bet after the Catman nailed that last second FG vs. Wake he had all the friends in the world!

Apr 12, 2012, 12:25 PM [ in reply to A lot of people neglect ]

Not sure if that's a good adage to use in this particular situation... Nkemdiche's brother plays for Ole Miss.

Apr 12, 2012, 8:16 PM [ in reply to A lot of people neglect ]

And Dabo's room mate.

With Gallman going "All In", I think we are VERY much in the

Apr 12, 2012, 10:30 AM

hunt for Nkemdiche. I think one factor--the geographical one--we are close to his home, is one that is weighing on his mind more than we suspect.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Apr 12, 2012, 12:46 PM

I am a pessimist in this situation. I hope I am wrong in this. But to me - the psychology is all wrong. Nkem & Kamara are not coming here. Of the trio - Gallman was low man on the totem pole (not trying to disrespect - just stating the facts). Nkem is #1 - he will go where he wants to go. Not where #3 chose to go.

To play it right - Kamara (#2) will chose next. Then #1 will make his choice known. In this sequence - all the schools will gladly take his 2 friends - with hopes that he (#1) will also commit there. Once #2 and #3 are settled - #1 can go wherever he wants to. Sort of like a supermodel hooking up her 2 best (non-supermodel) friends first. Anyway - that's my 2 cents.

Apr 12, 2012, 12:58 PM

Pendleton has NAILED IT~~ the plan was to get the other 2 guys into good scollys and then #1 goes where he wants

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2012, 8:22 PM

Well I have seen that too. Kamara was on nobody's board until he said Nkemdiche and him were a package and now everyone thinks he's a stud. What everyone sees is the culmination of all these factors. It isn't just Gallman committing... it's Gallman committing to Clemson, Kamara reported still favoring Clemson, and Nkemdiche moving his date back.

He was so gung ho on committing on May 18th after he got home from LSU and now he is obviously still thinking about it, as he should. It is a potentially life-changing situation. I'm looking at this class like it is now... without Robert Nkemdiche. We have a couple solid 3 star guys, Boulware who is also a 3 star but all of us Tiger fans just love him on film, and Wayne Gallman who is a good running back who could also be moved to defense if it gets too crowded at RB.

We are also in good standing for Michael Hill, Montravious Adams, Derrick Green, and Kendall Fuller and if we get even two of those guys we would have a solid class. If we get Nkemdiche we may all dance in the streets but until then we can only hope and if he goes to LSU or Alabama, so what? That's where everyone expected him to go. I like being optimistic but at the same time being a realist too.

Apr 12, 2012, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: #1 Recruit in nation backing off commit date ]

Yea, except for gallman is a better player than kamara.

Apr 12, 2012, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: #1 Recruit in nation backing off commit date ]

I think you have it all wrong:) Gallman is a 4 star RB,and not at the bottom of any pole....

Apr 12, 2012, 8:24 PM

I agree, I just think they meant that his decision will hold no weight in Nkemdiche's. I don't know if Kamara and him will even end up at the same school in the end but it could effect his decision. From what we know "The Grayson Trio" may be Gallman + the other two. Who says they're even friends? I think that is what they meant by "bottom of the totem pole" because his decision likely won't factor into Roberts (or maybe it is.)

That being said, I'm psyched we got Gallman, he could be a great back even if we only end up with 1/3 of the Grayson Trio.

Kamara isn't the #2, skill wise probably the #3, its the

Apr 12, 2012, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: #1 Recruit in nation backing off commit date ]

fact that he is much closer to nkem than Gallman is that makes him the #2.

That said I think all 3 are solid ballers and will gladly take any of em.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My coot friend

Apr 12, 2012, 8:25 PM

Was saying that we Were offering their HC a job at Clemson that true ? I chalked it up to envy.

Well their HC is Dabo's old Roomie, so I wouldn't completely

Apr 12, 2012, 8:28 PM

count it as hogwash, except for the fact that your Scar friend said it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My coot friend

Apr 12, 2012, 8:29 PM [ in reply to My coot friend ]

Is that legal? If it's legal who cares? I'm all for it if it means getting three top-tier players (or two top-tiers and a decent player.)

Re: Well their HC is Dabo's old Roomie, so I wouldn't completely

Apr 12, 2012, 8:30 PM

Oh dont worrie I didnt take it to heart. Haha

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic