Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ca. moving back to closing down stuff across the State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Ca. moving back to closing down stuff across the State

Jul 13, 2020, 4:49 PM

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/california-coronavirus-governor-gavin-newsom-190736222.html
https://media.zenfs.com/en/deadline.com/4091b3e737c05f339841e989a97cd356">

Wanna bet it begins in a lot of other states with high positive rates? It will not be a GO HOME STAY HOME but it will be shutting down the high vector points.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks Trump!***

Jul 13, 2020, 4:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm assuming you are being stupid?

Jul 13, 2020, 4:53 PM

cause hell fire, Trump has zero to do with CA, thats for #### suer

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if he would have worn a mask, none of this would have happened

Jul 13, 2020, 4:54 PM

and other stupid stuff people say

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: if he would have worn a mask, none of this would have happened

Jul 13, 2020, 5:19 PM

I was hoping for sarcasm, thanks for the clarification.

Re: thanks Trump!***

Jul 13, 2020, 4:54 PM [ in reply to thanks Trump!*** ]

???? Sarcasm? Not sure what to make of your reply.

Re: Ca. moving back to closing down stuff across the State

Jul 13, 2020, 4:57 PM

Jul 13, 2020, 5:18 PM

If the model is zero one must follow NZ's lead. If one wants to not crush the economy it would be the Sweden model. There really is an in between which allows business to operate while shutting down certain sectors that are known points of infections, like bar,gyms, sit down dining and possibly church services in person. Maybe a couple more tossed in but that is the best we can do without Great Depression 2.0.

Or we go all Darwin on it, leave it up to each person to choose what they are comfortable doing and keep the doors flung wide arsed open. Accept the ever rising deaths as part and parcel of being open

First SC hospital bails on elective surgeries

Jul 13, 2020, 5:06 PM

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/south-carolina/articles/2020-07-13/hospital-again-calls-off-elective-surgeries-amid-sc-outbreak

1488 hospital beds in use for covid, and 205 of those are on vents.

If my math isn't too far off, that's roughly a 1 in 7 chance of being put on a vent if hospitalized. Add to that Lexington confirmed the stat that if you're between 30 and 60 and get covid, you have a 1 in 5 chance of being hospitalized.

DON'T GET SICK!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they do that here again...

Jul 13, 2020, 5:09 PM

ima need a Trump check stat!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's been my plan all along.***

Jul 13, 2020, 7:04 PM [ in reply to First SC hospital bails on elective surgeries ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2020, 5:20 PM

Big mistake imo.

Jul 13, 2020, 5:25 PM

Depends upon the goal, if it is to decrease the rising new infections and hospitalizations there is no other option. At least it was not GO HOME STAY HOME and shut most everything down. In truth the original restrictions were far looser than I expected .

Ideally they've done their homework and know the

Jul 13, 2020, 5:32 PM

activities/industries most associated with the new cases. It could be closing 2-3 types of businesses will be enough. Start with the biggest offenders and work down from there. Bars seem to be a universal first on the chopping block. Restaurants though seem to be second.

Hopefully you can make them carry out/outdoors.

Oh, LA County also closed all offices to non-critical workers. That's a big step. Ouch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2020, 5:34 PM

The biggest issue is SoCal. those are where the worst numbers are. those places opened up sooner as well. Bars, gyms and other indoor stuff opened up, and are nor closing. NorCal on the other hand has opened much slower. People hating on SF's mayor a lot for being so conservative with the reopening...

I had a friend whom was just in Cali, and said in LA most people were social distancing well and wearing masks, but in Orange county and other places very few people were if at all...

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Jul 13, 2020, 5:43 PM

Ironically, the OC is packed with tons of Trump supporters.

The Houston paper had 43 pages of obituaries today

Jul 13, 2020, 6:17 PM

But everything is bigger in Texas

Got another cousin with it. She's about 60yo

Jul 13, 2020, 6:24 PM

Had a fever for 9 days. It comes and goes though.

I thought that number of pages seemed high

Jul 13, 2020, 7:03 PM [ in reply to The Houston paper had 43 pages of obituaries today ]

The Houston Chronicle, the country's third-largest Sunday newspaper, has printed a standalone obituary section paying tribute to those who died this year, including deaths from COVID-19.

"Today's @HoustonChron (3rd largest Sunday paper in the US) has a standalone obituary section. It is 43 pages long. #covid," Twitter user @TexasVC wrote in a post on Sunday featuring images of the supplement.

The section reportedly features around 900 obituaries, according to Twitter user @ShawnDCstudent, who noted: "By my calculations 43 pages x 21 on each page that equals 903 obituaries."

User @tlc814_cole noted: "It's not all COVID deaths [featured in the Houston Chronicle supplement] but I'm sure a good percentage are. My FIL is in this stand-alone section and he died of dementia. I believe the COVID link here is that the Chronicle is trying to help families grieve during this COVID pandemic when a normal funeral is not ok."

Re: I thought that number of pages seemed high

Jul 13, 2020, 7:09 PM

wow thats crazy!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Re: I thought that number of pages seemed high

Jul 13, 2020, 7:16 PM

It was always gonna hit cities hardest, just the nature of the beast so to speak. Packed in tight, using public transportation is a recipe for spread.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic