Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
serious corona question for those attended natty in orleans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

serious corona question for those attended natty in orleans

Mar 30, 2020, 8:08 PM

Within a few days after my wife and i returned from the Natty after a four day stay, we both came down with sore throat and dry cough. I did have one big greenie in the morning for several mornings , but my cough was dry and nonproductive. My throat was very painful, so sore that it gave me a constant bad headache. Very painful to talk. Had the throat for several days and the cough for about over a week. My wife had a dry cough for a couple of weeks ( longer than me) and only had a sore throat for a couple days. I am beginning to suspect we caught corona in new orleans and have now already been through it , although I am going to continue take all vigilant precautions until I can one day , hopefully soon, have an antibody test; did anyone else have similar experience upon returning from natty ? .

Message was edited by: Lennon-McCartney®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: serious corona question for those attended natty in orleans

Mar 30, 2020, 8:21 PM

Excellent question. Interesting perspective although I haven't read anything where sore throat was associated .. Unless you're including the one you get from coughing excessively.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought sore throat was one of the

Mar 30, 2020, 8:25 PM

common symptoms.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought sore throat was one of the

Mar 30, 2020, 8:29 PM

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html

Re: I thought sore throat was one of the

Mar 30, 2020, 8:30 PM [ in reply to I thought sore throat was one of the ]

Here is a link to the CDC discussion of symptoms. Nothing about a sore throat, but check it out.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 30, 2020, 8:30 PM

We attended and also got sick about 3 days after getting home with similar symptoms. I have asthma and had to do home breathing treatments which is really rare for me even with a cold.
That said, I've been following a group of genetic virologists on Twitter who have traced the virus in the US from most major cities and they believe it first showed up around Jan 12th in Seattle and came directly from China (in that location). Other "sparks" have started in the US from other sources but their research indicated Seattle was the first.

Mar 30, 2020, 8:41 PM

Yes, but Washington came up with their own tests. Unfortunately we didn't use those. Anyway, sure they were peeps in NO too from china or SK, cruises etc.

Would be most interesting to know how many got back from these cities, developed worse symptoms and even died and their death was ruled as flu or pneumonia... I'm sure someone will back trace and figure that out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 30, 2020, 8:30 PM

After returning from New Orleans I had similar symptoms. I recovered in about a week.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I felt like death, but I think it was from the excessive booze

Mar 30, 2020, 8:34 PM

And strip club rendezvous for 3 days straight.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not saying impossible but that is before first known cases in US.***

Mar 30, 2020, 8:37 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not saying impossible but that is before first known cases in US.***

Mar 30, 2020, 8:43 PM

Key is first"known" cases. See my post above, I'd like to know your thoughts on that theory. We were very late to the table in testing.

Possible but also possible it was “just another virus”***

Mar 30, 2020, 8:49 PM

Fever is key

Mar 30, 2020, 8:46 PM

Sounds like a head cold. But should ask a real doctor.

I think it's rather unlikely. If it was prevalent at a large event

Mar 30, 2020, 8:51 PM

in a major US city 2 1/2 months ago we likely would've had major spreading by now and New Orleans, at some point, shouldve been at least as bad, and likely worse, than NYC is right now.

Agreed. When there is a specific outbreak it goes from one to 50 almost immediately.

Mar 30, 2020, 8:54 PM

With that many of us in one city, New Orleans, South Carolina, and Louisiana would have peaked a lot earlier I think. Ohio State fans should have been glad they were at home or Myrtle Beach where it was safe.

"at home or Myrtle Beach".... That was a good one!***

Mar 30, 2020, 11:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had the same thing the week before the game. I told my

Mar 30, 2020, 10:19 PM

wife, if I had it the weekend we left for New Orleans, I would not have gone. I coughed my head off for 2 days. Every 12 to 15 seconds. I was worn out.

Mar 30, 2020, 10:47 PM

No, you were just sick. If you had caught it a lot more people around you would have gotten sick and more old people would be dead already.

Quit playing this dangerous game trying to delegitimize the virus.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Sounds like Rickets

Mar 31, 2020, 12:35 AM

Vitamin C and no pirating

I came home unscathed other than loss. Did come back sick

Mar 31, 2020, 9:20 AM

from Frisco the previous year!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perhaps its was...

Mar 31, 2020, 4:35 PM

CO(RNDOG)VID-19?

Go Tigers!!!

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic