Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have so much newfound respect for Nick Saban
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 87
| visibility 1

I have so much newfound respect for Nick Saban

Jan 12, 2017, 10:34 AM

Let's be honest,

Our hatred of Nick Saban isn't really a hatred derived from evil. The hate we all have for Nick Saban is really derived from jealousy. The rest of the college football world "hates" Nick Saban because they are jealous of his success.

But now that I see him on the losing end...I finally see his true character. He is a man of INTEGRITY. Unlike Urban Meyer, Saban has been an incredibly gracious loser. Pouring compliments to Clemson and Dabo Swinney. The way most of his players have responded also shows you the culture they have.

I also just found out Nick Saban is a devout Christian but he doesn't wear it on his sleeve like Coach Swinney.

I'm sure Nick Saban's group of friends is small. This small group includes Dabo Swinney. That really tells you everything you need to know.

It's alot easier to recognize greatness once you reach greatness yourself.

Thank you Alabama...The win is so much sweeter because you are who you are.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: I have so much newfound respect for Nick Saban

Jan 12, 2017, 10:37 AM

Yes I have much respect for Saban. I do not get why he gets so much hate.

Jan 12, 2017, 11:45 AM

> Yes I have much respect for Saban. I do not get why
> he gets so much hate.

He wins a lot. So people get jelly.

Jan 13, 2017, 5:11 PM

I've always known that most of the hate comes from cold blooded jealousy, but they prefer to say that their hate for him is bc of his arrogant's!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2017, 10:50 AM

Great post. I heard my dad curse the Yankees my whole life, finally I asked him why he hated them "because they win so #### much"! We are programmed to pull for the underdog, Bama is never the underdog.

He doesn't have a great personality, lots of people don't. We have no control over how God made us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2017, 10:54 AM

Did you not see the reported cheap shots boy his players trying to take out Watson and Williams to name a couple?Were you there or trying to decipher it on tv which would be hard at best? Do you think he did not order his players to taker out the top Clemson player(s) if possible? If you don't gert this, you really need help!

The guy is a piece of crap, scum etc. Don't give me the Christian line sit is an affront to those of us who are believers.
I truly can't believer what you wrote.
I've spoken with probably 2 dozen people who all saw the same thing I did. Mama was trying to take our top players out. If you want to see it for sure look at a replay of the game as it is so obvious.

Sorry for being so blunt but apparently m,any Clemson fans just don't get it!!

It's football.***

Jan 12, 2017, 10:56 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: It's football.***

Jan 12, 2017, 10:59 AM

Evader heard of targeting and do you know why it was put in place? you're on a different planet if you think those hits were clean, hard football hits. Have a nice day and learn the game

Jan 12, 2017, 11:02 AM

Probably targeting but far from dirty.

Is Evader kin to Darth?***

Jan 12, 2017, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Re: It's football.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Jan 12, 2017, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Re: It's football.*** ]

Why are you not an official since you know so much more than the strips who called the game?

Jan 12, 2017, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: It's football.*** ]

Who was called for targeting? I must have missed it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jan 12, 2017, 11:19 AM [ in reply to It's football.*** ]

Thank you Tiger Woods! It is football and I highly doubt Saban told his boys to take our guys out. They came to play and hit hard. They are a tough team and play D like it should be played.

Speaking of needing help, can you edit your post to make

Jan 12, 2017, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: I have so much newfound respect for Nick Saban ]

it legible then get back to us? K thanks, bye.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Jan 12, 2017, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: I have so much newfound respect for Nick Saban ]

So you think Dabo tells Boulware to go out there and hurt the other team's players? Or maybe, just maybe, he's playing FOOTBALL.

Yes, they should have been called for targeting at least twice based on the current rules. But it wasn't dirty or malicious.

This culture has become dominated by snowflakes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2017, 5:18 PM

I'm sure that the assistant coaches are doing that sort of thing more than HCs are!!!

Jan 12, 2017, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Re: I have so much newfound respect for Nick Saban ]

Is it not possible the players were just mad from last year and wanted to hit hard? Why do you assume Saban told them to?

Jan 12, 2017, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Re: I have so much newfound respect for Nick Saban ]

If i was playing defense for Bama a coach wouldn't need to tell me to knock out our best players. I would get out there and do my best to bench them... get real..

Jan 13, 2017, 8:32 AM

Oh but no it had to be Saban who told them to go head hunting.

Jan 13, 2017, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Re: I have so much newfound respect for Nick Saban ]

Well if he is such a devout Christian, someone needs to explain to him that God's last name iisn't ###### as he said on sidelines at least 3 times...

Jan 12, 2017, 10:56 AM

I understand what you are saying and it is all true. I know he is devout Christian and Dabo's friend and all that. Maybe he got lost in all the hooplah and the desire to win, I don't know. However, I think he strongly encouraged his players to try and take Watson out of the game. He may not have told them to go out and hurt him, but I think he did tell them to take away his effectiveness. The way to do that is to make sure he is not in the game. If a coach tells his players to eliminate his good plays, the way they will more than likely do that is to try and hurt him. Just my opinion.

They definitely went after Deshaun

Jan 12, 2017, 10:58 AM

What's wrong with that strategy? Did they get flagged?

This is football.

Are you serious or are you just trolling...?

Jan 12, 2017, 11:00 AM

Or just plain devoid?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you see a penalty?

Jan 12, 2017, 11:05 AM

I missed it.

Re: Did you see a penalty?

Jan 12, 2017, 11:21 AM

Most of these people think they know more about rules than the officials who call the game. I just do not understand why we have fans crying about officiating after a W.

Those were non-calls, but they WERE targeting...***

Jan 12, 2017, 7:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They definitely went after Deshaun

Jan 13, 2017, 7:06 AM [ in reply to They definitely went after Deshaun ]

Alabama was flagged for roughing the passer once, for the blow to Watson's head by Reuben Foster early in the game. Should've been targeting, along with Tony Brown's hit on Mike Williams.

Jan 12, 2017, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: I have so much newfound respect for Nick Saban ]

I guess some people don't understand this, but yes, coaches do in fact tell their players to go rough up the QB. They want it within the rules, but it's very definitely a strategy. You know, like when Shuey drilled Braxton Miller? Got to look at it objectively, our boys do it too, it's called playing physical football, and it's what wins games against quality teams.

Jan 12, 2017, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Re: I have so much newfound respect for Nick Saban ]

Sorry but I saw the same thing!'

I thought his post-game interview outside the locker room

Jan 12, 2017, 10:59 AM

was pure class. His comments in that moment really impressed me. He just lost the greatest national championship game in history (go pound sand USC/Texas) and his guys played their butts off. It's a tough feeling to know you laid it all on the line and it wasn't good enough.

Re: I thought his post-game interview outside the locker room

Jan 12, 2017, 11:05 AM

Really now!~ He's about as gracious as an elephant in a swimming pool! Wow!! Some Clemson fans really don't get it. Bet your tune would have changed if they took out Watson and/or Williams. Saban is a piece of crap. Watch the replay you just might see exactly what IO and many others saw. Dirty, freaking cheap shots repeatedly by those things. As far as his comments. i could care less about how they tried to win. They lost and deservedly so. 99 plays to 66 says it all. Look at the stats and it's clear the best team won and absent that pl;ay to Howard and a run by that Hurts character and they loose much bigger.

I'd recommend you watch the replay and you just might see what I'm referring to. Have a nice day

Jan 12, 2017, 11:06 AM

You sound pathetic to be honest.

Jan 12, 2017, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: I thought his post-game interview outside the locker room ]

Is tiger James Manafold from FGF?

Jan 12, 2017, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: I thought his post-game interview outside the locker room ]

So is Dabo a piece of crap? Our played like to stick thumbs up butts and grab players junk. You do not believe it was just the players? It was Dabo who tells them to do that huh?

This is exactly what came to my mind.

Jan 12, 2017, 11:33 AM

I doubt that Dabo told our boys to go grab nuts and check oil. I did not like the hit on mike Williams. I thought that should have been targeting. However, refs are going to miss calls. They aren't perfect. And now that we won and Mw is ok I'm not going to ##### about it. I prefer our program over sabansainly Bc it seems like our team is out there playing football and having fun. Bama seems to be more like a business. But as for respect. They don't turn over the ball. They usually don't get stupid penalties. They understand importance of entire game including sts. Well run program. And for the last two years I've thought no one but bama could have beat us in those two games and no one but clemson could have beat bama in those two games.

Re: This is exactly what came to my mind.

Jan 12, 2017, 11:51 AM

I agree 100 percent.

its a violent game. Both teams of that caliber are going to

Jan 12, 2017, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Re: I thought his post-game interview outside the locker room ]

do what the refs let them. I didn't expect Bama to come out and not hit hard.
It's football. It's why women don't play the game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: its a violent game. Both teams of that caliber are going to

Jan 12, 2017, 11:27 AM

It seems as it most these people want to make football two hand touch.

Re: its a violent game. Both teams of that caliber are going to

Jan 12, 2017, 11:27 AM

If*

That makes no sense

Jan 13, 2017, 11:45 PM [ in reply to its a violent game. Both teams of that caliber are going to ]

The first dirty hit on Watson happened on the second play of the game.

Allow me to address a few points you brought up

Jan 12, 2017, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: I thought his post-game interview outside the locker room ]

1) "Really now!~" - Is this an actual exclamation or was it meant to be a question, can you also describe your decision to use "~" there?
2) "He's about as gracious as an elephant in a swimming pool!" - Please explain further, why would an elephant in a swimming pool not be gracious?
3) "Bet your tune would have changed if they took out Watson and/or Williams." - First, was Saban the one making those hits? Second, "took out" lol, just lol
4) "Saban is a piece of crap" - well that's just a well thought out, well-executed, well-worded argument
5) "Watch the replay you just might see exactly what IO and many others saw" - What? IO? I don't need to watch a replay, I saw the game.
6) "Dirty, freaking cheap shots repeatedly by those things." What things are you referring to? Btw, targeting is ridiculous and many times it's BS when a player gets ejected. They could have called it on Boulware once as well.
7) "i could care less about how they tried to win" So you care? How much do you care now? Why didn't you capitalize "i?"
8) "They lost and deservedly so." Well this is one point we both agree on, kudos!
9) "...absent that pl;ay to Howard and a run by that Hurts character and they loose much bigger." This is potentially one of the most poorly written sentences I've ever seen on tnet, and that's saying something. Aside from saying "pl;ay" and not knowing the difference between lose and loose, do you really think it's an earth-shattering argument to say that if Alabama hadn't scored those two touchdowns they wouldn't have had as many points as they did? What a brilliant revelation! Also, if Renfrow hadn't caught those 2 TD passes, we would've scored less points.
10) "Have a nice day" But for your lack of punctuation, this would've been the best sentence in your entire post. So close.

####! GWP feeling bloody today.

Jan 12, 2017, 11:36 AM

I like it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: Allow me to address a few points you brought up

Jan 12, 2017, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Allow me to address a few points you brought up ]

coot logic?? tia

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Your just butthurt because tiger james is going to take away

Jan 12, 2017, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Allow me to address a few points you brought up ]

your IPOTM status

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Allow me to address a few points you brought up

Jan 12, 2017, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Allow me to address a few points you brought up ]

I don't need any education from a two bit chump from Charlotte! you're all the same over there. You liked the hits on Watson andWilliams but the people I spoke with (who know something about the game and its rules) agreed. You need to watch the replay of the game and wake up sport. Mama is nothing but a bunch of cheap shot artists and they hold on every play to boot.
You seem to have a very big mouth but no knowledge to accompany your hot air. See ya later loser!!

I knew writing and English weren't your specialty but I

Jan 12, 2017, 2:59 PM

didn't realize reading was difficult for you too. Please copy/paste where I said I "liked the hits on Watson and Williams?" Again, I don't need to watch the replay, I know what happened. Do you also believe Clemson got away with some penalties or is Alabama the only team who committed uncalled penalties? Finally, I asked a lot of questions that you have either chosen not to answer or you're still working on the answers. Should I give you more time? In closing I'm proud of you for spelling "loser" correctly, it's about progress and celebrating the small victories.

Re: I knew writing and English weren't your specialty but I***

Jan 12, 2017, 3:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Could you please translate to Umuricn?

Jan 12, 2017, 3:12 PM [ in reply to I knew writing and English weren't your specialty but I ]

Specifically the tnet dialect.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Well aren't you just the cutest little thing...***

Jan 12, 2017, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Allow me to address a few points you brought up ]

Jan 13, 2017, 5:16 PM [ in reply to I thought his post-game interview outside the locker room ]

When two teams have just as much talent as the other, usually the team that has just a little more depth than the other is the one that usually the one that wins. I think that is what happen in that game, we wore their D down!!!

Yes and No....What is he like when his metal is tested?

Jan 12, 2017, 11:10 AM

It's easy to be gracious when you're the best. I'm not talking anything away from his but just saying we've pretty much seen the side of him when he's a success.

Lastly, what's up with all the dirty shots his players were taking? Did Saban teach this or is he good with Christain gospel and looks the other way?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes and No....What is he like when his metal is tested?

Jan 12, 2017, 11:50 AM

> Lastly, what's up with all the dirty shots his
> players were taking? Did Saban teach this

Fear taught them that. Same as the ridiculous holds.
I doubt Saban or even Pruitt were "ordering" players to take cheap shots or to hold like it was a slow song at prom. That stuff doesn't get taught.

The players themselves were very afraid of losing, and it showed.

I dunno agree with your assessment

Jan 12, 2017, 11:39 AM

of why, but won't get into it. You wouldn't understand, prob. Nice try tho.

No sir

Jan 12, 2017, 11:46 AM

My dislike for saban started when he turned a blind eye to Julio in grams $6000 fishing trip. Integrity doesn't matter, winning does.

45 commitment list ever year. Some leave opening spots..the rest are culled away. Kids don't matter, winning does.

And...his hypocrisy.
Hurry up is dangerous and unsafe. Should be banned. Well he couldn't get it banned so he uses it now. Guess safety isn't really the biggest concern, winning is.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Did he scold the guys who targeted Mike and DW?

Jan 12, 2017, 11:48 AM

The most noble postgame comment I ever heard was, "I got outcoached.' It's a shame that was from JoPa. Saban said: 'I taught them all I could.' He also said 'We just needed to make a few more plays and 'we missed some plays,' in his postgame presser.

Authority brings responsibility which leads to accountability. A man who assumes the position of ultimate authority does not shirk the responsibility and always holds himself accountable. By refusing to take responsibility he violate a natural law and disgraces his lofty position, imo.

I never hated Saban but I lost respect.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did he scold the guys who targeted Mike and DW?

Jan 12, 2017, 11:50 AM

His guys came to play and came to hit hard. Nothing wrong with that.

Ncaa rules committee disagree

Jan 12, 2017, 11:52 AM

So...

Re: Ncaa rules committee disagree

Jan 12, 2017, 11:53 AM

Disagree with what?

Your assessment of hitting hard

Jan 12, 2017, 2:02 PM

They call helmet to helmet illegal.

Re: Your assessment of hitting hard

Jan 13, 2017, 8:03 AM

No they do not. If that is the case Boulware should have been thrown out too. You wanted that?

+1

Jan 12, 2017, 11:48 AM

I've been thinking the same thing since I watched his post game press conference. Night and day between him and Urban

The fact that he walked around looking for Dabo for a solid

Jan 12, 2017, 12:41 PM

5 or 6 minutes while all the celebration was going on really hit home with me. I would have given up after 30 - 45 seconds...most people would have given up by 2 or 3 minutes. The man walked around, through players and confetti until he found CDS. He didn't fling his hand and walk off pouting.

Re: The fact that he walked around looking for Dabo for a solid

Jan 12, 2017, 12:43 PM

Amazing. Didn't realize it was that long. The respect for each other is real.

He knew the national cameras were watching...

Jan 14, 2017, 1:40 AM [ in reply to The fact that he walked around looking for Dabo for a solid ]

...and figured running off the field in a huff would not be a good look.

I generally agree with you TW, He knew he got beat fair and square and a decent man would do what he did. But I also believe he would try to rip our throat out if given another chance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

100% correct! A lot of folks who TigerNet hates are not ...

Jan 12, 2017, 12:48 PM

bad guys?

Before passing judgement simply ask yourself, if Ben Boulware played for another team then how would you feel about him. Ben plays football - stuff happens.

Jan 12, 2017, 12:50 PM

Devout Christian's don't repeatedly shout the Lord's name in vain.

Jan 12, 2017, 12:53 PM

Well, he is Catholic. LOL

So, you're saying Rashan Gary IS coming to Clemson?!....

Jan 12, 2017, 5:34 PM

What really sucks is that Dexter Lawrence guy ain't going to Clemson either....

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=18545015#18545015

All in fun :)

Re: So, you're saying Rashan Gary IS coming to Clemson?!....

Jan 12, 2017, 1:10 PM

Ha! Literally no one knew. Staff had no clue he was coming to Clemson until he announced.

Saban is like the hot chick who uses upward mobility

Jan 12, 2017, 1:13 PM

Until she lands the alpha male as a prom date...he screwed over Michigan state and the Miami dolphins...he has no loyalty or scruples compared to dabo...he is also a chameleon ala urban Meyer ....changing to whatever style/approach that gives him the edge...this post season he's been very dabo-esque in his approach with the media...almost managed to sound humble..but make no mistake, he runs a meat grinding, semi pro football factory and his ego is as big as his program...I will never see him as anything but self serving and I wouldn't trade dabos sweatshirt for st. Nick! IMO....dabo is dabo because he made the decision long ago to be himself...stating many times he can't be anything else...saban is phony bologna IMO.

this deserves a

Jan 12, 2017, 1:40 PM

bump

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, he reacted better than I expected him too.

Jan 12, 2017, 3:15 PM

However, this article provides many good laughs! I think my favorite part was this:

Saban, you see, doesn’t smile.

So much so that commenting on it has become an Internet meme. When the Miami Herald’s Greg Cote witnessed the man smile, he wrote of the moment, “There was a rusty creaking sound, an emission of hell’s gasses and then the release of screeching bats as Saban’s lips parted.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/01/10/nothing-better-than-watching-alabama-lose-why-millions-rejoiced-at-coach-nick-sabans-loss-to-clemson/?utm_term=.6839d181a3fb

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

great read. Thanks!***

Jan 12, 2017, 3:24 PM

Jan 12, 2017, 3:24 PM

His roster management is all in need to see to form my opinion

I have never hated Nick Saban.

Jan 12, 2017, 3:47 PM

He's just hard to like.

Some coaches are easy to dislike however ...

Spurrier, Brian Kelly, Bobby Bowden, Charley Weiz, Al Groh, ...

I know why I don't like him

Jan 13, 2017, 6:40 AM

And it's because he runs a soulless, joyless program that is more like a machine than a team. Winning seems to be an incurable addiction for him, not a passion. And I don't like that.

I don't have a particularly strong dislike for him like I do some other coaches/former coaches, but his whole program and philosophy leave a bad taste in my mouth.

He presents as robotic. Class is not a word I associate w/him.***

Jan 13, 2017, 7:13 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is not why I dislike him.

Jan 13, 2017, 8:53 PM

When he was the Dolphin's coach he said 8 different times he would not be the next coach at Alabama knowing all along he would be. Just don't answer the question. Say "I am the coach here now and will answer questions about this team."

Instead he lied then left my childhood favorite pro team in shambles.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There should never be such a thing as a

Jan 13, 2017, 5:18 PM

quiet or private Christian no matter what the situation is in life..If you are filled with the Holy Spirit then the Joy should show through everywhere including the football field..

I gained a lot by watching him

Jan 13, 2017, 5:21 PM

In this video walk around and look for Dabo for three minutes after the game. He didn't have to do that he chose to do it. I appreciate that

http://www.tigernet.com/update/coach/WATCH-Chaotic-scene-Saban-find-Swinney-title-game-25860

He doesn't meet the Clemson standard

Jan 13, 2017, 7:19 PM

Dabo's standards are far beyond anything Saban dreams of. Saban wants his boys to win games while Dabo wants his boys to win life.

Dabo doesn't support criminals on his team. He will punish the best player or the worst. He is a man of his word that will honor a scholarship. Saban will play any good player despite the crimes. He oversigns every year abandoning 18 year old kids or forcing them to greyshirt. He treats these kids like it's the pros and gets rid of anyone that wont win him more games.

He gave Watson and Dabo credit because he know's are team is better. He know's we were better than him last year too. Accepting reality doesn't make him a good guy.

Jan 13, 2017, 7:26 PM

Him refusing to leave tje field until he found Dabo in all that mass of humanity stuck with me . That was not easy to do , considering all of the thousands of people that were taller than him .
Mad props to little Nicky .

DB23

Jan 13, 2017, 11:18 PM

I as well was impressed with Coach Saban, and I have to admit I have called him Satan. Their players supported him, and showed grace and class in defeat as well. Very surprising since they have experienced defeat so infrequently. Williams especially seemed like a great kid.

Jan 13, 2017, 11:23 PM

like the Nature Boy Ric Flair always said.....to be the best you have got to beat the best....and that is exactly what we did Monday night.....Go Tigers!!!!!

Jan 13, 2017, 11:41 PM

I've personally never hated Bama or Coach Saban...:I've always respected what he's done as a coach and how he's done it.

What I do hate is that godforesaken spit of an arrogant fan base of theirs.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Great football coach. Cusses like a sailor and doesn't

Jan 13, 2017, 11:26 PM

Discipline players to the standard I would. Hey guess that is not in the process.

don't know all the facts

Jan 14, 2017, 6:00 AM

What I do know is J. said wear it on our sleeve. And plenty others in bible on PG. Some verse about not being ashamed of proclaiming is name, etc. All I know is I hear certain players coaches publicly proclaim or give praise and others do not. You decide.

Jan 14, 2017, 7:06 AM

I love that we won beating a team that is undoubtedly one of the best programs/dynasty's ever in College Football. We didn't beat a hot PAC-12 team or B1G school, we beat Alabama, which says so much more. Now, let's become the dynasty.

Replies: 87
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic