Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I thought chiropractors were not real, I learned, wow
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

I thought chiropractors were not real, I learned, wow

Aug 17, 2017, 10:48 PM

3 weeks of after research figuring out was sciatica. right leg throbbed on back side and/or was numb on back part of right foot. Went to one twice this week, all fixed, back to normal. Not thinking coincidence. He wanted me to come back 3 times next week, I said would come back once.
Whatever, I think they do know what doing. Not going to do accu-puncture, anything like that, but it definitely worked.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you think they were make believe like unicorns?***

Aug 17, 2017, 11:03 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

.... And, Coot National Championships?***

Aug 18, 2017, 9:01 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

A friend of mine suffered through 10 years of severe back

Aug 17, 2017, 11:08 PM

pain which no doctor could fix.

She finally went to a chiropractor in Spartanburg that cured her in two weeks and she's felt better than she has in 20 years.

Re: A friend of mine suffered through 10 years of severe back

Aug 17, 2017, 11:11 PM

I went to chiropractors until my disc was completely ruptured. Now I've had 4 back surgeries and have a spinal cord stimulator implanted. Been disabled for almost 4 years. Back pain ain't a joke. Sciatica is horrible.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, it is. My friend was ready to drive off a cliff.***

Aug 17, 2017, 11:14 PM

Re: A friend of mine suffered through 10 years of severe back

Aug 17, 2017, 11:51 PM [ in reply to Re: A friend of mine suffered through 10 years of severe back ]

I had the trial back stimulator put in twice but both gave me relief but I got horrible migraine head aches from the stimulators, so be thankful you can use it. I've had two surgeries myself to put in cage fusions. Anything that gives relief sounds great to me, because real back pain is extremely frustrating.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Accupuncture works*****

Aug 17, 2017, 11:56 PM

Here's how these health subjects work

Aug 18, 2017, 12:09 AM

Chiropractors = real
Accupuncture = real
Yoga = real
Health gurus = fake
Detoxing/cleanses = fake (there are things to remove bad crap from your body, but anything labelled as a cleanse or detox is lying, unless it is to get some sort of drug out of your system)
Anything that uses the words "energy" and or "crystals" = fake

Would have gave you

Aug 18, 2017, 7:28 AM

more TU's if I could.........dead on

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Here's how these health subjects work

Aug 18, 2017, 7:34 AM [ in reply to Here's how these health subjects work ]

I once had calcium crystals lodged in my ureter just below my left kidney , I can assure you those crystals were not fake .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Ummmm... my folgers coffee crystals give me all

Aug 18, 2017, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Here's how these health subjects work ]

Sorts of ene r gy ...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Gabapentin... Comes in varying doses... It's all about the

Aug 18, 2017, 12:14 AM

severity, tho....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chiropractic works great for some things, for a lot of

Aug 18, 2017, 12:29 AM

people. It has helped me in the past, and I would not hesitate to see one again. Having said that, Some chiropractors claim that they can cure or otherwise help with things that I don't believe they can. If you have a problem that legitimately could be caused by a misalignment of the spine, like back/shoulder, neck/hip pain, then I think they can help a lot of people. I'm very skeptical regarding their ability to affect other body systems and things like hearing/vision loss, sinus problems, allergies, digestive disorders, cancer, etc.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I thought chiropractors were not real, I learned, wow

Aug 18, 2017, 6:13 AM

I am a 100% believer in chiropractic treatment. I was having problems and after 2 visits to a chiropractor the relief was amazing. I ended up doing 2 more visits the following week and felt all but normal after my last treatment.

I now go at least once every 2 months or anytime I can sense things feel off. Nip it in the behind before it escalates.

I have never tried acupuncture but absolutely would if I thought it could help. A coworker does it to help with headaches and swears by it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was always skeptical of accupuncture too, until

Aug 18, 2017, 10:33 AM

I had tendonitis really bad in my elbow and thought what the heck the doc wasn't helping. I had to go once a week for 4 weeks but she made it better. It's basically inflammation in there and the needles help stimulate blood flow to clear the inflammation so it is some science behind it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2017, 7:43 AM

Mine is really good. Was having wrist and elbow pain to the point where I would go home and ice them every night. I thought I was bound for surgery like a couple of other guys I work with that had the same issues. I just thought I would mention it to my chiropractor without any expectation that she could do anything about it. She shot certain points in my elbow, hand and wrist with some kind is pressure point gun type thingy. She explained to me how doctors misdiagnose this and cause people to get unnecessary surgery that does not help much if at all. Two days later my pain was completely gone. I'm a big believer in them if you get hooked up with the right one. Also my back, my original problem, is way better.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2017, 7:56 AM

+1 I have a lot of problems with my neck and spine (esp.the neck). My chiropractor has helped immensely. An unintended benefit of chiropractic is that my hearing has also improved. Before going to chiropractor I walked around with one shoulder much lower than other and head slung over to one side and some days could not look left. Also had lower back pain.

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Aug 18, 2017, 8:02 AM

> +1 I have a lot of problems with my neck and spine
> (esp.the neck). My chiropractor has helped immensely.
> An unintended benefit of chiropractic is that my
> hearing has also improved. Before going to
> chiropractor I walked around with one shoulder much
> lower than other and head slung over to one side and
> some days could not look left. Also had lower back
> pain.

One word of advice to those new to chiropractic-I have seen more than one and every one does something a little different. If the first guy you go to doesn't feel right for you try another one and read reviews on internet before you go. Good luck!

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

I'll give chiropractors credit where credit is due

Aug 18, 2017, 8:06 AM

The last chiropractor I went to (Clemson alum/fan, incidentally) was great. At one visit he incidentally discovered I'd been suffering from plantar fasciitis for the past several months, and he made it go away instantly. Unfortunately, he was unable to successfully treat a couple of chronic minor back pains and strains that I've had for decades. I've been to 3-4 chiropractors and none of them have been able to help with those problems.

I also got some incredible therapeutic massages covered by insurance thanks to a prescription/referral from the chiropractor. I thought one lady was going to kill me with the deep-tissue massage but after 3 days my back had never felt better.

Chiropractors are legit for many problems, but they cannot cure every illness as many of them claim. I have to suppress an eye-roll anytime I hear them say that a simple adjustment can prevent/cure a cold, the flu, etc etc.

Re: I'll give chiropractors credit where credit is due

Aug 18, 2017, 8:47 AM

I believe in therapeutic massage as well. I learned a long time ago a massage when you are sore for any reason is not an enjoyable experience. But, in a couple of days it will all be worth it.

My chiropractor would like for me to get a massage before I got to her for one of my maintenance visits. She says if your muscles are tight, they could be a large part of the reason you infrastructure gets out of balance.

You got lucky

Aug 18, 2017, 8:13 AM

Only about 35% of them know what they're doing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2017, 9:14 AM

I have been a chiropractor for 25 years and am happy to say in that time I have had the pleasure of helping many of my patients with their problems. A few however needed something different and I sent them where they needed to be for their problem. Many came to my office skeptical of what I could do for them but nothing they had tried before had worked and they were willing to give chiropractic a chance. Most of those are still my patients. It is interesting that after the spine is aligned some will tell me that other problems that they never mentioned have gone away. I do not tell people I can cure anything but when there is no interference in the nervous system the body can function as it was created to do.

Aug 18, 2017, 9:36 AM

Yes, they can be helpful, but don't expect them to ever say you are good enough to not keep coming back. You don't have to keep going back forever. Go only when you need an adjustment.

Have no problem with them streching and cracking bone. But

Aug 18, 2017, 10:23 AM

when some of them lay claim to being able to cure cancer, diabetes, and psoriasis then the duck starts quaking for me.

Tiger/Terrier

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic