Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: Mike Davis talks Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: Mike Davis talks Clemson

Jan 19, 2012, 10:32 AM

Mike Davis talks Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why in the world did we come on late with James Davis's bro?***

Jan 19, 2012, 10:40 AM

Everybody came on late with Mike Davis....

Jan 19, 2012, 10:47 AM

including South Carolina and Georgia. He was a firm cimmitment to Florida and wasn't really entertaining any other schools.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Not true.

Jan 19, 2012, 2:24 PM

Early on in 2011 SC was his leader.

ONE THING FOR CERTAIN

Jan 19, 2012, 7:59 PM

He has always stuck with he wanted to leave his own legacy not be referred to as little bro. Even though Big Bro went to Clemson Mike could leave his own legacy by doing what big bro couldnt do. WINN ACC TITLE. And with Chad Morris leading the offense he has proven his Offense Style is Genius compared to other ACC and probable most SEC schools.

Re: Because we were only going to take one

Jan 19, 2012, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Why in the world did we come on late with James Davis's bro?*** ]

RB this year. When Brooks committed, we backed off other RB's we were recruiting. That all changed when Buice transferred, Bellamy got into trouble, and Ellington heavily considered turning pro.

Re: Why in the world did we come on late with James Davis's bro?***

Jan 19, 2012, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Why in the world did we come on late with James Davis's bro?*** ]

None of us know, but with a good chance of getting either or both of the two who have committed to UGa, we just did not recruit Davis. No particular reason. We just needed one more RB. Also, you will remember he was committed to Florida for a pretty good period of time. Who knew he was going to back off that one?

Now, if he decides he want to be at Clemson and wants to sign, I assume we will take him, but I don't expect we are going to mount a major campaign to pry him away from USC.

Re: Why in the world did we come on late with James Davis's bro?***

Jan 19, 2012, 11:50 AM

I'm pretty sure most of the recruiting efforts at RB went towards Marshall. (and then others based on recruiting rankings)

I thought all teams..'came on late' with him***

Jan 19, 2012, 10:48 AM

Re: I thought all teams..'came on late' with him***

Jan 19, 2012, 12:06 PM

MD said that SC never stopped recruiting him when he was committed to Florida. He's saying Clemson didn't even start until after he decommited.

Wouldn't you think committing to SC...

Jan 19, 2012, 11:20 AM

Would put him MORE in comparison to James? I mean every time he steps on the field the tv crew is going to mention who his brother is and how he chose to go to his rival bla bla bla. He WILL BE in his shadow regardless. It's almost as if he is jealous of his own brother's success. Is he really a Clemson type personality? M.D. Perry sure didn't have a problem breaking his brothers records!

The only time Clemson and his brother would be mentioned

Jan 19, 2012, 10:10 PM

is MAYBE when the two teams face each other.

Came on late? Weren't we the first to offer? I remember the

Jan 19, 2012, 11:44 AM

headline when we offered him--I'm pretty sure he was a Soph.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I might be alone on this but I dont want this guy***

Jan 19, 2012, 11:56 AM

Re: I might be alone on this but I dont want this guy***

Jan 19, 2012, 2:06 PM

You're not alone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I might be alone on this but I dont want this guy***

Jan 19, 2012, 2:24 PM [ in reply to I might be alone on this but I dont want this guy*** ]

I've said it before and will agree with you - I positively do not want to waste another minute on this guy. His brother was great - can we just enjoy the fact that James was a class act? Little brother is NOT interested in what is good for CLEMSON. So - he is OUT in my book. I'll be glad when we play against him. Sorry - but we don't need another RB anyway. We are fine.

I still want big linemen. Hmmm? Maybe BV and CM do too.

let's not forget the kind of prima donna JD was.

Jan 19, 2012, 12:04 PM

Mike seems 10 times worse.

JD wasn't a prima donna….

Jan 20, 2012, 1:39 AM

his freshman season he got home sick and left for like a day or two and came right back and played great for us and was never a problem. I don't where some tnet posters get that JD was prima donna. Most likely they are coots posing as tigers, like TCTCTiger

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: Mike Davis talks Clemson

Jan 19, 2012, 7:18 PM

I sure don't like his comment where he says "y'all please don't listen to what he says" talking about James. Ungrateful POS!

Re: Recruit Update: Mike Davis talks Clemson

Jan 19, 2012, 7:25 PM

Some have speculated that Davis has never really considered Clemson because he didn’t want to follow in his brother’s footsteps. “That didn’t have anything to do with me and Clemson. They just came on late with me.”

Mike why would Clemson recruit you early when you made it known you did not want to play for them, you are the one who committed real early to UF, if you want to be a Tiger get all in and you will be welcomed

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: Mike Davis talks Clemson***

Jan 19, 2012, 10:04 PM

Have fun, coot.***

Jan 19, 2012, 10:05 PM

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic