Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think what most people are missing is the huge liability
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

I think what most people are missing is the huge liability

Mar 29, 2020, 12:43 PM

that comes with playing the Fall season while this is still possibly ongoing. Not just for the individual schools, but specifically for the NCAA. To limit this liability, I think the NCAA will cancel all sports until a vaccine is out.

You can play games without crowds and have as many limitations as you can possibly think of, but you can’t stop athletes from breathing on each other in the trenches, tackling each other, etc. That means you can’t stop the transmission to other players.

And if even one college athlete dies of this due to contraction during a sporting event, the NCAA will have a long litigious battle on its hands. I think they can afford to simply skip the Fall sports’ seasons to eliminate this liability.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think what most people are missing is the huge liability

Mar 29, 2020, 12:54 PM

Is there anyway the president or congress can do something to keep the ambulance chasers in check as they probably already licking their chops regarding the cv lottery?Just asking.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just a question

Mar 29, 2020, 1:03 PM

Before this, was it possible to sue to see an establishment or someone for contracting the flu? Or strep throat or any other infectious disease?

I actually don’t know

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We know that tens of thousands will die from the flu every

Mar 29, 2020, 1:40 PM

year, in spite of vaccines, yet we do ZERO to limit public transmission of the disease. The same exact rationale could apply. Yet we have made the decision that life must go on with no quarantine and no social distancing restrictions, accepting that tens of thousands will die. I agree that we should do what we can to "flatten the curve" now, understanding that at some point we have to return to life as normal and get the economy cranked back up. And that's not for big business, but for every day working folks who will suffer the most the longer this goes on.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I think this post sums up the situation now and going

Mar 29, 2020, 1:46 PM

forward about as sensibly as one could.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a virulent virus - it's nobody's fault. A lot of us

Mar 29, 2020, 2:18 PM

will suffer no matter what we do. We need to accept all of that, do what we can to mitigate the damage, and accept that anything we do will involve trade-offs.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: We know that tens of thousands will die from the flu every

Mar 29, 2020, 2:02 PM [ in reply to We know that tens of thousands will die from the flu every ]

That's exactly why I would come out tomorrow and issue a national stay at home for 15 more days. Only essential traval. Let restaurants, pharmacy, and grocery open,. And define essential. Factory must enforce social distancing and anyone that has to work, must wear a mask and gloves if in food industry.

That would give government and task Force time to evaluate and isolate the hot spots. They would then have enough data to know where it was safe to open up areas.

Then after the 15 days, open back up except for 60+ and compromised imuno peeps where they would be on a stay at home order until the end of April.

Then, depending on what was happening with data, hospitals etc. open everything back up by May 1. Jmho.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's very reasonable, and I expect something like that to

Mar 29, 2020, 2:25 PM

happen.

- H. L. Mencken

Mar 29, 2020, 1:07 PM

students sign away their rights to sue for things that happen on the field before they're allowed to step out there. The coach would simply say, "Anyone who is worried about contracting covid 19, you are not required to play this year. If you play, understand that you may contract covid 19, just as you might get the flu or break your neck running into a goal post."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2020, 1:44 PM

I TU’d you VH.We can agree on something??

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree that they give up rights, but that doesn’t mean their families

Mar 29, 2020, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Re: I think what most people are missing is the huge liability ]

can’t sue them (say for a wrongful death lawsuit). Do you think the NCAA would be willing to chance a class action lawsuit in multiple athletes’ deaths? Could it be proven that they willingly allowed the athlete’s to play knowing that the risk was too great? I have no idea. I just don’t see them taking that chance. I’m assuming we’ll hear from the professional leagues first to see what actions they take; just have to see what happens.

Crossing my fingers that we don’t have to miss an entire year of sports.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic