Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Offensive position battles to watch this spring
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Offensive position battles to watch this spring

Mar 5, 2013, 4:14 PM

Offensive position battles to watch this spring

TigerNet takes a look at some of the position battles on the offensive side of the ball that will be taking place this spring. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about WR?

Mar 5, 2013, 4:53 PM

2 of the 3 spots are open and waiting for a #1 guy. Sammy Watkins has one spot locked down, but there is a ton of WR talent in Peake, Bryant, Hopper, Humphries, and incoming Freshmen Mike Williams, Ky Priester, and TJ Green.

Everybody in the 2-deep will get their plays, but we need dominant (or at least dependable) #1 guys to emerge and fill Nuk and Jaron Brown.

I think we see a Sammy, Peake, Bryant/Hump lineup

Mar 5, 2013, 4:58 PM

Peake and Bryant have the talent and I expect one of them to show off and finally play like a baller. if the other guy doesn't show up then you can bank on the fact that Humphries will. I can't wait to see G-Hop though. Kid is lightning and the only reason I don't have hi as a starter is because he plays Sammy's position.

The thing is

Mar 5, 2013, 5:06 PM

Hump and G-Hop are both at Sammy's position right now, one of them (probably Hump) will almost certainly have to move to another slot over the spring or summer.

Hopefully there will be some serious battles at every position, competition breeds excellence.

Re: I think we see a Sammy, Peake, Bryant/Hump lineup

Mar 6, 2013, 7:41 AM [ in reply to I think we see a Sammy, Peake, Bryant/Hump lineup ]

I agree that Sammy and Humphries have shown that they should start. Humphries has to change positions and that could bring up issues. In terms of the other spot I don't know if Peakes or Bryant has shown they should be first pick over the other. They both have talent and I can't wait to see where the competition drives them. I think the key is having 6+ receivers you can bring in when you need them based on the 100+ play offence. In the end we have one of the deepest receiver groups you will see. The competition for positions will make everyone have to step up their game and will lead to some amazing results.

Hope these fellas have big feet***

Mar 5, 2013, 8:53 PM

What ab MacClain at TE? Did he move to OL?***

Mar 6, 2013, 1:06 PM

Yep. Moved over to OLine...

Mar 6, 2013, 1:10 PM

however, I believe his brother, a walk-on, if trying out at TE.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic