Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think we got hosed... so many bad calls in that game and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

I think we got hosed... so many bad calls in that game and

Mar 13, 2019, 2:25 PM

the last call was horrendous. Do a side by side of that vs. the Mitchell non-call against UNC.. it just highlights the total incompetence by the ACC officials! Put these clowns to pasture.......that said.....

I didn't agree with the fouling to begin with.... once it was clear NCSU wasn't able to get a 2 for 1 possession why not play it out... there was a 9-10 second difference between the shot and game clock at one point. We were up by 1. Why not play great D and worse case they take a 1-2 point lead and we have 9-10 seconds to answer? The analyst(not sure what coach that was) was also calling for fouls at that point-- it made zero sense to me. I get it once the shot clock was off but not prior.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think we got hosed... so many bad calls in that game and

Mar 13, 2019, 2:29 PM

If you have fouls to give it is a good call to foul once they start moving toward the basket to make them reset the offense. That being said I don't think we were really fouling there at the end because there was very little contact on either one. On the last one it appeared he didn't even attempt to call a foul until the ball was not going to go in. The only thing I question is why Thomas was out top to begin with

you're missing my point.... fouling is a good approach when

Mar 13, 2019, 2:35 PM

the shot clock is off to have them reset. We started doing this before the shot clock was off thus we insured they had the final possession rather than playing it so that we got the ball back regardless of what they did on that possession. It was not the right move IMO but the analyst was saying to do the same thing as BB was doing/attempting to do.

Sure there was a point with 40-50 seconds left we didn't want them putting a shot up(and making) because it would have guaranteed them another possession but there was a window after that where the advantage shifted to us and we ignored that fact for some reason.

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic