Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Leaving early: Which players could declare for the NFL Draft in 2018?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

New Story: Leaving early: Which players could declare for the NFL Draft in 2018?

Feb 8, 2017, 8:08 AM

Leaving early: Which players could declare for the NFL Draft in 2018?

The Clemson football program has lost 10 underclassmen to the NFL Draft the last two years, with five juniors declaring for the draft each year. Next year could see a similar, or even greater, number. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Renfrow doesn't need more production... maybe more size.***

Feb 8, 2017, 8:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard to imagine him leaving early***

Feb 8, 2017, 10:00 AM

I love watching him play!

Feb 8, 2017, 4:16 PM

I hope he gains about 10 - 15 lbs before moving to NFL. I want him to stay healthy.

I like Dabo's attitude, he wants each of them to graduate and then decide what they want to do.

Five this year? Did I miss something?

Feb 8, 2017, 9:14 AM

Watson, Williams, Scott, Gallman and ....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Seth Ryan apparently.***

Feb 8, 2017, 11:19 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is a good chance that ALL of these guys return.

Feb 8, 2017, 9:33 AM

While that would limit our 2018 scholly numbers a lot, it would keep a ridiculous amount of senior talent on our team.

Snowflake Basher........Out

There is no chance of that*****

Feb 8, 2017, 9:46 AM

I think there's a better chance of 5 leaving than none

Feb 8, 2017, 9:48 PM [ in reply to There is a good chance that ALL of these guys return. ]

I obviously don't know Wilkins personally, but he should be like 99% likely to leave. At least a couple others will leave as well. I don't know who it will be, but i would guess 3-4 leave early.

I also think 2-3 transfer this year, but i don't want to get into that here as pointing out guys that could potentially transfer is sure to draw the ire of at least a few folks around here.

Re: I think there's a better chance of 5 leaving than none

Feb 8, 2017, 11:48 AM

It's going to happen regardless of the ire anybody has or not. That is the curse of having so much talent on one team, and I don't think anybody should have any ill feeling over the ones that do look for a greener pasture. Hopefully our coaches will always play the very best that we have, and if there is others that can get plenty of playing time some where else, I personally wish them well with all the luck in the world. Those guys have NFL hopes also, and if they can display their talent on another team, the best of luck to them, and hopefully they will get a fair chance at their dream. It's a very good problem to have, and it's one that Clemson hasn't been use to having over the years, and it's a problem that says Clemson has made it to elite status!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think there's a better chance of 5 leaving than none

Feb 8, 2017, 6:56 PM

I agree 100% . I think there is a chance we lose 1-2 of our QBs and 1 more RB as transfers because there are just so many talented players at those positions and only 1 ball. Those guys want to play so they can show what they have to the NFL. I hope Tavien Feaster gets carries this year because we will lose him if he doesn't. He is just too good to stand on the sidelines.

Re: There is a slim chance that ALL of these guys return.

Feb 8, 2017, 4:19 PM [ in reply to There is a good chance that ALL of these guys return. ]

Christian will be gone, I expect him to be a top 10 pick, but he will be drafted in 1st round.

Maybe CJ Fuller or Adam Choice in addition to those on the list.

Re: New Story: Leaving early: Which players could declare for the NFL Draft in 2018?

Feb 8, 2017, 9:45 AM

Ferrell is an absolute stud and built like machine. He's very underrated, and I think the most likely to declare.

I think Cain is gone as well, and he'll be drafted high.

Bryant was our guy we were most pumped about heading into the season, but the injury and Ferrell/Wilkins kept him on the two deep. He's gonna ball out as a starter again, and has a good chance at declaring as well.

I agree Wilkins and Hyatt are coin flips. I could see one going and one staying.

I agree with everything, but one thing,,

Feb 8, 2017, 9:51 AM

Wilkins is a lock to go and is an obvious 1st round pick.

Re: New Story: Leaving early: Which players could declare for the NFL Draft in 2018?

Feb 8, 2017, 10:16 AM

I would think that anyone graduating in December is most likely to leave, so....?

Feb 8, 2017, 10:33 AM

I also think that five will go instead of none.

In addition, with 13 red-shirt juniors, I would think we lose 4-5 as grad transfers. Either players looking for playing time or graduates just moving on with life.

Feb 8, 2017, 6:39 PM

We would have to see more from Hunter Renfrow ?? What more could he do ? He burned the vaunted Alabama defense in two Championship games and we don't win without him. He will be drafted if he decides to leave , which I hope he doesn't . He is the type receiver Tom Brady loves ! I wouldn't be surprised to see the Patriots select him somewhere in the first few rounds if he is available. He is CLUTCH !!!

Feb 8, 2017, 7:23 PM

Having loads of talent on our Clemson Tiger team is one of the greatest problems we could ever have. And when we see guys moving on through transfers or to the the NFL in just awesome for our team!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic