Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
744 yards of Offense against Gamecocks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

744 yards of Offense against Gamecocks

Nov 28, 2018, 9:30 AM

It is amazing that the talk after this game has been predominantly about how bad we played on defense. Sure, they played bad. But man, oh man, it is hard to ignore the 744 yards of offense we put up. That is the second most EVER. The only time we eclipsed that amount was in 1981 when we scored 82 on Wake Forest.

The offense is flat humming with Trevor at the helm. No amount of injuries to the Gamecock defense were going to make a significant difference in this game. We had multiple touchdown drives of over 90+ yards.

744 YARDS OF OFFENSE! 56 Points!!! Good luck stopping this offense the next two years as TL16 gets more experience!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Without that PF against Tee we would have beaten

Nov 28, 2018, 9:35 AM

the record of 756. Would we be talking about the defense then?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Without that PF against Tee we would have beaten

Nov 28, 2018, 9:42 AM

What do you mean PF against Tee?

Do you mean we would have broken the record if not for the OPI against Amari?

Yes, my bad

Nov 26, 2024, 3:57 PM

Don't know why I get those two confused, and just a typo on the PF. Double brain fart!

I'm sure we would be***

Nov 28, 2018, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Without that PF against Tee we would have beaten ]

Re: 744 yards of Offense against Gamecocks

Nov 28, 2018, 9:42 AM

Yeah, I agree. A lot of folks are not focusing on the positive. Our D had a bad game... and we won by 3 TDs. We are a much more complete team, especially compared to a year ago.

This time around we had an offense win a game. When was the last time that happened? Louisville 2016? Still remember the D winning that at the end. NC State in 2015? That was the last real "shootout".

The defense WON the 'Cuse game behind the Brice's swagger. It is very nice to see the offense carry the defense when they are having an off night.

I think the angle a lot of people are trying to play here

Nov 28, 2018, 9:53 AM

(and by a lot of people i mostly mean coot fans and a handful of disgruntled Tigers) is:

"Oh well sure you had 750 yards but SC had approximately 47 injured defensive players. Your defense has no excuse for getting torched by Jake Bentley."

Re: I think the angle a lot of people are trying to play here

Nov 28, 2018, 10:14 AM

we gave up several, to many, big plays for sure. but we also shut them out in the 3rd quarter, lead 49-21 when dabo called the dogs off and let them sneak closer. then we took the ball with 3 minutes and put the nail in the coffin. always good comes out of every game. the d will have the coaches full attention this week.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic