Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think the Nkemdiche family, including Robert, is showing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

I think the Nkemdiche family, including Robert, is showing

Nov 3, 2012, 1:10 AM

great disrespect to Clemson and I am getting to the point that I don't care where he goes as long as it is not here. The latest with RN saying that he hasn't been to UGA in a long time, who knows I might fall in love with it, his mother not even speaking with Dabo, but is planning on speaking with Richt, no visit to Clemson when Ole Miss had an off week and Clemson was playing GT at home on a big weekend. It is all blatant disrespect to a school that many in the Atlanta area would love to play for and have played for.

I can't wait to click on Tigernet and find that Dabo has announced that we are no longer recruiting Mr. Nkemdiche. And the same goes for Demarcus Robinson, Darion O'Daniel and any of the others that don't know the meaning of the word commitment. Do it now Dabo, and lets try to find a good DE that knows he wants to play for Clemson and a top-15 program in front of 81,500 fans in one of the best atmospheres in the college game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sadly, this is how it works, and I'm glad I don't have to

Nov 3, 2012, 1:22 AM

deal with it like the players or coaches. It's tempting to break ties like you say, but I think that's the rule Paul Johnson has...GT isn't looking good these days. Part of that is the scheme obviously, but this is how the game is played. Not following recruiting until after the season is the best thing all of us can do.

Completely disagree...

Nov 3, 2012, 1:31 AM

It's not disrespect to our school at all. It's how recruiting works in this day and age. Teams try to secure commitments as quickly in the process as possible. We are extremely fortunate that we will likely get these great players to attend our school and play on our football team. Unfortunately, most of these guys didn't grow up as huge Clemson fans, unlike most everyone on this board, so it's not like they have had ties to the school for years and years. Instead they are encouraged to commmit early, even though they are still given the opportunity to travel the country and see great college football games for free. If they say they have no interest in the school, there free trip goes away, so they have to say they are going in with an open mind. Sometimes it's hard to know where these recruits really stand, but to say you hope these great players don't come to our school is crazy. These guys are our future, and we need to continue to recruit the best players we can get.

Can't fix stupid. Prayers for the OP. +1.***

Nov 3, 2012, 1:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Completely disagree...

Nov 3, 2012, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Completely disagree... ]

Completley agree! Bring on all these great players!We want them we need them and after they get here all these misguided fans spouting all this nonsense on this board will be cheering them on as they win a national championship. If they dont they are either stupid or a coot!

Exactly. Simple, yet completely missed by some.***

Nov 3, 2012, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Completely disagree... ]

We go after commits from other schools hard as well

Nov 3, 2012, 1:43 AM

Its about who you need most and even if they are not committed you but someone else you go after them. RN is a #1 recruit, you can't expect other schools to backoff on him.

I do however think that he should really make up his mind soon and focus on his senior year and let the whole drama dies. Either he should show Clemson coaches that he is firm or he should just decommit.

This extra attention he is getting from media specially AJC is negative not only for himself but also for Clemson.

I don't expect other schools to back off of him, but I do

Nov 3, 2012, 1:53 AM

expect he and his mom to al least show an ounce of class in the process.

Re: We go after commits from other schools hard as well

Nov 3, 2012, 8:16 AM [ in reply to We go after commits from other schools hard as well ]

Yes, so get real folks, no one is committed or safe until the papers are signed. If the process bothers you, then sit back and wait for that day.
If Robert and others read this stuff,these negative opinions and reactions to the hype will not help him to make the right decision for him or Clemson.

I disagree with pretty much everything you said

Nov 3, 2012, 2:37 AM

If you were a recruit and could basically go anywhere in the country for free, why wouldnt you take that oppurtunity?

Re: I disagree with pretty much everything you said

Nov 3, 2012, 3:52 AM

I cant agree with the original poster. Yes it is frustrating at times but I truly believe that he will and wants to be a Clemson Tiger.

You cant just back off the #1 recruit. If anything we need to have a coach at every home game of his.

We need this young man.

It is frustrating that he did not make the GTech game. But you know, these kids get up early, go to school, stay after school for practice and then play a late night Friday game. And to make it to a 12:00 game from Atlanta, they would have to get up early. I know I enjoyed sleeping in on Saturday mornings.

If Clemson just keeps on winning, shows him a great time and gets a big win in front of him in a loud Death Valley, then all will be well.

anywhere for free and he chooses to go

Nov 3, 2012, 9:50 AM [ in reply to I disagree with pretty much everything you said ]

30 minutes down the road to Athens and to Ole Miss where he's been dozens of times to see his brother play.

While im sure he will be speaking to all the coaches

Nov 3, 2012, 11:52 AM

and do all the recruit talk afterwords ("oh yeah i had a great time, thats a special place... etc..") I personally think hes only going there to watch his brother play

Re: I think the Nkemdiche family, including Robert, is showing

Nov 3, 2012, 3:59 AM

Dorian O'Daniel? Am I missing something, I thought he has been a solid Clemson commit since May?

Nov 3, 2012, 5:00 AM

Ur not missing anything. The OP doesn't know what he's talking about. He needs to back off the ledge.

Dorian O'Daniel is a solid Clemson commit***

Nov 3, 2012, 7:19 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I understand where you're coming from, but I think

Nov 3, 2012, 7:22 AM

it's a little more complicated than that. I think we have to face the fact that a verbal "commitment" doesn't mean much in the college football world these days.

I see the AJC has lured in another new convert***

Nov 3, 2012, 8:23 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its not just the ajc.its words out of his mouth...

Nov 3, 2012, 12:19 PM

many on here are fooling themselves.but with each interview the kid does it comes more apparent that we are close to losing him

Nov 3, 2012, 8:24 AM

The only advice I have for the OP is to NOT run his business like he would run recruiting.

If you stay in business long enough, you'll find out what I mean. It's called "stick-to-it-ness" in the South. Hang in there fella. It'll be fine. :)

First season following recruiting???

Nov 3, 2012, 9:09 AM

Come on man, this stuff happens every year. We have a great shot a signing RN, who seems to be a great kid and will represent our university well once he gets here. Robert, WE want you to be a Tiger! Go Tigers, Demolish Duke!

settle down child...

Nov 3, 2012, 9:47 AM

He signs the paper on Feb. 2nd.

He has to live with the decision, not his Momma or Brother.

The question is, will she come to the BCS game next year when we play Oregon?

Not worried at all, they can look around. We have nothing to worry about, we're the best there is to offer.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think the Nkemdiche family, I agree

Nov 3, 2012, 10:11 AM

I totally agree with your post. I wonder if there are other really good players out there that crossed Clemson off when RN committed?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CLEMSAM

Re: I think the Nkemdiche family, I agree

Nov 3, 2012, 10:31 AM

Didnt demarcus walker mark us off maybe cause RN and daniels? I want RN and willing to wait it out

Nov 3, 2012, 10:29 AM

What an idiot Dorian O'daniel has been a solid commit since committing and has been trying to get Kendall Fuller to come as well.

agree.people keep saying well he said he is

Nov 3, 2012, 12:13 PM

100% committed to us.well his actions are the actions of someone not committed at all.

also watch what you say on here about him..

Nov 3, 2012, 12:14 PM

logic isnt welcomed.the kid and his family are showing by actions that he isnt 100% committed.but many cant see the writing on the wall.id be shocked if he signs with us.

What "logic" are you talking about? The kid said just the

Nov 3, 2012, 12:25 PM

other day that Clemson is the place he wants to be. He's the #1 recruit in America, and he's garnering a near unhealthy amount of attention. He's 18, and of course he's going to get a little caught up in it.

But regardless, as it stands right now, he wants to come to Clemson and Clemson still wants him, as they should.

Disagree

Nov 3, 2012, 12:25 PM

He's 18. He's not a long time fan of Clemson (like us) and has an unbiased view of colleges (other than ole miss). I think he sounds honest when he says he might fall in love with UGA. He might. He is essentially standing against his family right now. I assure you he feels a stronger allegiance and commitment to them than he does a school he is just learning about through the recruitment process.

This is a big deal and he's a young man. Young men make mistakes. Sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders and believes in Dabo.

You recruit the top ranked recruit in the country, expect it

Nov 3, 2012, 12:34 PM

There is no news in he is solidly committed so the media find an angle to make news.

Sadly, that is now the way of the news media.

Thrust our staff and thrust Nkemdiche.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic