Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Pigskin Prophet: SEC East Edition
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

New Story: Pigskin Prophet: SEC East Edition

Nov 10, 2016, 5:49 PM

Pigskin Prophet: SEC East Edition

The Pigskin Prophet is in high demand with the football conferences around the nation. After lending a hand to help the ACC with its Louisville officiating complaints – we promised free mullet-style haircuts to everybody that would leave – the SEC called and said they had a problem they needed some help with. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Miss Piggy is a hoot!!***

Nov 10, 2016, 6:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Pigskin Prophet: SEC East Edition

Nov 10, 2016, 6:04 PM

ROTFLMAO! I love your work, but the Wake vs Louisville prediction is the best ever! Instant classic.
+1

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Pigskin Prophet: SEC East Edition

Nov 10, 2016, 6:09 PM

"...position on his staff...".
Awesome.

I think required reading for all volleyball players is ...

Nov 10, 2016, 6:58 PM

... the "Kama Sutra".

Re: I think required reading for all volleyball players is ...

Nov 10, 2016, 7:12 PM

That's a good one. Another required reading should be "The Rise And Fall of The Cameltoe"

No really?!!

Nov 10, 2016, 8:24 PM

I know Pitt hasn't played in Death Valley, but come on 90% of my wife's family lives in Portugal and they know that Pat! And they don't know what real football is. "Just Pat!"

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Laverne and Shirley"?? Nah, Narduzzi was on

Nov 10, 2016, 8:35 PM

"Joanie Loves Chachi"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Laverne and Shirley"?? Nah, Narduzzi was on

Nov 10, 2016, 10:07 PM

You're both wrong..."Happy Days"!!!

The Nardoozey quote -

Nov 10, 2016, 10:27 PM

CHARLOTTE – Pat Narduzzi is entering just his second season as the head football coach at Pittsburgh, so when he was asked about playing Clemson this season at Death Valley, it was understandable that he was a bit perplexed.

“Death Valley? That’s what it’s called? Never heard that before,” Narduzzi said.

He’ll probably hear it aplenty as that Nov. 12 game draws near, but all he has to do in the meantime is consult with a few members of his coaching staff to get the lowdown on Death Valley and its “ambiance.”

Andre Powell, Pitt’s special teams coordinator and running backs coach, coached at Clemson from 2007-10. Offensive coordinator Matt Canada is a former assistant at Atlantic Division rival N.C. State, and wide receivers coach Kevin Sherman faced Clemson multiple times during 11 seasons at Wake Forest and Virginia Tech.

Read more: 7 reasons I can hardly wait for college football

While Narduzzi may not be familiar with Death Valley, Pittsburgh quarterback Nathan Peterman is.

“I’ve been around the stadium and know a lot about it,” Peterman said Thursday on the opening day of the ACC Football Kickoff media gathering at the Westin Charlotte. “I know it’s going to be an awesome opportunity and atmosphere to play in, so I’m excited about it.”

Peterman is from Jacksonville – traditionally a fertile recruiting area for Clemson – and was the successor at quarterback to former Tiger Kyle Parker at Bartram Trail High School. Former Clemson defensive back Xavier Brewer also is a Bartram Trail alum.

“Clemson recruited pretty heavily in my area,” Peterman said.

This year’s game will be just the second meeting all-time between Clemson and Pittsburgh, and only longtime Clemson followers will have memories of the first – a 34-3 shellacking administered by the Panthers in the 1977 Gator Bowl in Jacksonville.

Narduzzi may be a novice when it comes to Death Valley, but he’s certainly familiar with the team that plays there.

Read more: ACC Network cleared for launch

“Dabo obviously does a tremendous job coaching, mentoring his football team,” Narduzzi said. “I talked earlier, just talking about measuring up – where will be measure up as a university, as a football program? What better place to go than Death Valley, OK, and find out how you measure up against a team that was in a national championship game a year ago. Our kids will find out where we are, how far we’ve come, how far we need to go.”

Clemson, coming off a 14-1 season and national championship game appearance, should be favored in the game, but rest assured that Pittsburgh will present plenty of challenges.

The Panthers are a veteran team boasting 20 seniors, including 12 fifth-year seniors.

“To me, you’re only as good as your seniors play,” Narduzzi said.

And that could be pretty good. Pitt has several All-ACC candidates, including running back James Conner, who has overcome a season-ending knee injury and a battle with Hodgkin lymphoma in the past year, and defensive end Ejuan Price, who was a first-team all-conference player after logging 11.5 sacks last season.

Price said his first order of business come Nov. 12 will be keeping Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson in check.

“He’s good with his progressions and obviously is a gifted athlete, so he’s automatically a runner,” Price said. “But he’s a gunslinger, too, so it’s going to be kind of tricky.

“From what I’ve heard, playing at Death Valley should be fun. Like coach said, that’s a measure-up game. If we come to play like I know we can, we’ve got a shot to bea

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic