Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think most people unsatisfied with the win against SC are
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

I think most people unsatisfied with the win against SC are

Nov 25, 2018, 9:26 PM

bandwagon fans anyway. For those of us who have been a longtime committed fan, win or lose, for more than ten years we appreciate the success of the program and do not take it for granted! I have been a fan since 1981 when Clemson won it's first National Championship and have been true for all these years win or lose. Whether by 1 point or 70! Through the thick and thin. While I would have liked to seen a larger amount of point spread against SC and feel some things were exposed, I definitely will not complain over a victory.

One more thing! I guarantee you one thing, they're countless numbers of players and coaches who would love to be on this winning team! Countless! And probably some that have left the program now realize they made a huge mistake. You that keep downing the Tigers for not winning by the margin of victory you gambled on or think it should have been more based on your personal opinion will probably be gone on to the next big name team when tougher times come so why not go ahead make your exit and stop your griping, complaining and stirring up controversy. The door is open!

Go Tigers! Beat Pitt!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think most people unsatisfied with the win against SC are

Nov 25, 2018, 9:41 PM

Amen. .SUPPORT THE CLEMSON TIGERS

Nov 25, 2018, 9:44 PM

I have been attending games since 1958. I do no consider myself a bandwagon fan. However I was disappointed in the play of the defense. I still love my team but my disappointment in the play of the defense does not make me a
BANDWAGON fan.

You ain't making me

Nov 25, 2018, 9:48 PM

leave now. I suffered through all the losing and now we winning and you want me to leave...….I'll pass. I finished school in '64 and only had 2 winning seasons in the next 10 years and they were like 6-4. We did win 3 ACC Championships, 1 with a 5-5 record

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Nov 25, 2018, 9:59 PM

I think people buy into comments on places like this one a bit too much. South Carolina isn’t a great football team right now, but they aren’t nearly as bad as comments on here would have you believe.

I saw comments before and even after the game saying teams like Syracuse, BC, NC State, and even GT and Wake were clearly better teams than South Carolina. It’s onr thing to say one of those teams might beat them, but another to say there’re clearly better. And, I’m sorry, but to suggest that GT or Wake would beat them is either poking fun in a not serious way, or delusional.

The problem though is people read things like that, and comments that we’re going to win by 50+ points and buy into it. Then when we win by only 21 it’s a huge letdown.

Yes we were favored by 26.5, and we didn’t cover that. However, we weren’t far off that mark at all by winning by 21, and we led the game by 28 at one point.

The narrative to everyone else around the country and the media is that we dominated another opponent. No it wasn’t great that the defense played that way, but ultimately most fans are upset that they didn’t get another 63-17 or 56-7 epic score to brag about for years to come. That and many just can’t stand that their fans feel they did enough to feel positive about the way they played.

Nov 25, 2018, 10:04 PM

I too have been a clemson fan since 1976. I wear a piece of clemson swag on me every time I leave the house, win or lose. We should be grateful that we have an honorable, humble , CHRISTIAN coach and coaching staff as we do!!!! Iv'e been here through the BAD and the GOOD. A win by 1 point is all it takes. The NCAA doesn't hand out trophies because you beat all your opponents by 70 points. At the end of the day, a win is a win, no matter which way you slice it!!!!! GO TIGERS!!!!! Win em' all!!!!!!!!

Nov 25, 2018, 10:18 PM

I have been a diehard fan since the late 50s. Been through all of the bad and good. Love what is happening now. If people want to spout off, then they should just shut the he77 up and stay off the boards. Support CDS 100%.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 10:26 PM

I think you should use the word "complaining" instead of "unsatisfied". I think a large amount of Clemson fans were not satisfied with that win due to the D. Coach Venables said he was embarrassed. I was happy we won. I wasn't satisfied. I didn't complain though. I thought it could be a blessing in disguise so that we can fix our flaws and get better for the playoff.

Nov 25, 2018, 10:30 PM

concur sir! Thanks!

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic