Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Senate Hearing today on Coronavirus
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 413

Senate Hearing today on Coronavirus

May 12, 2020, 2:24 PM

Being questioned by the Senators were Dr Fauici, the FDA head, and Redmon, head of the CDC.

When it got to Sen. Tim Scott R-SC, he laid out what SC had done, who they'd focused on, how they shut down and in particular the guidelines that are still in effect regarding Senior Care Facilities and the those with co-morbidity like Obesity, older citizens, heart conditions, etc, etc. And asked Dr. Fauici if he had any guidelines for SC now that they're beginning to open up.

To which Fauici replied (paraphrasing) "you've just outlined in a very articulate way what should have been done and how it should BE done. (and smiling) I wish I could take SC's model and implant it into other states. The only thing I could add is to continue to protect the older-members of your state and those you've already pointed out."

I thought that was very cool. Sen. Scott came prepared does SC proud and in my mind represents what a lot of Republicans used to be like. Smart, informed, and always willing to hear the other side. I would vote for Scott if for no other reason than he's a smart and sincere man. Like John Kasich and a few others. And there are a lot of liberal/Dem. senators I can't stand.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SC has done pretty well overall.

May 12, 2020, 2:33 PM

McMaster has been slow to let things return to normal, but the problem we will have is with the nursing home testing. Cases will rise in SC just from that move to test all residents and staff. So they really need to keep those numbers separate and rely on the general public case numbers. I expect they will be rising soon (week or two from now).

Interesting to note state workers are the last to return. Starting with the peons/clerical folks. Important people last, like in June sometime.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think most if not all of the states which are beginning...

May 12, 2020, 4:24 PM

to try to return to normal are taking fair precautions to protect the vulnerable. I'm disappointed in the numbers of people who don't wear mask.

Unfortunately, the surgical and homecooked mask do not protect one well from the virus. Early on we learned that wearing a mask protects others. I'm sure those not wearing mask are not familiar with the purpose and function of the surgical mask so I am not accusing them of not caring about others.

Imo, everyone who leaves home should be required to wear a mask. That was my reasoning when I wanted Trump to use the defense production act and manufacture a billion N95s without valves. The valves allow most of what you exhale to be released into the air.

We'd all be better off wearing surgical mask than N95s if the N95 have valves. At least the surgical mask will catch some of the virus from those who are asymptomatic and don't know they are walking death to the elderly and infirmed.

I find great fault with Trump/Fauci/Brix the CDC and FDA for not demanding mask. The think nothing of forcing us to use seatbelts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think most if not all of the states which are beginning...

May 12, 2020, 4:30 PM

Seems like such a simple and common sense thing...folks not wearing them are just being ########.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More than one health expert has said it's our biggest

May 12, 2020, 5:01 PM

mistake. I wear one outside whenever I go inside some store or something. Grocery store, allergy shots, Lowes, those places. But overall the next best thing is just socially distancing as much as possible, while maintaining the basics. I wear one around my mother when I have to go in her house. She does too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I keep a mask with filter and a pair of batting gloves

May 13, 2020, 7:55 PM

in the car, on the dash under the windshield so it all gets full sun blasts during the day - perpetual cleansing. I don't wear a mask outside unless getting around people, but wouldn't think about not wearing one, along with the gloves (why not - get to touch more without much concern - great for ATMs and PINs), when inside any establishment.

If anything, just about everybody behind a counter or working with the public is wearing a mask, so the least I can do is return the favor. See WAY too many others though being cavalier with this plus distancing. It would be great if Top Brass could make this cool for more people. We're going to need it for a while.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't want to say that.

May 12, 2020, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Re: I think most if not all of the states which are beginning... ]

I think most of them are just ignorant or perhaps think that 'opening back up,' means the event is over or that the virus won't harm them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The second part is at least half of SC.***

May 13, 2020, 9:38 AM

It appears that way.

May 13, 2020, 5:53 PM

I went to Harbor Freight to pick up a wheel to strip some paint with. Of course I wore a mask. People got in my personal space in spite of the fact that I took the long route to avoid coming within 10 feet of them.

I need a Tee that says 'Back the #### off (below it) I have the Kungflu'

Re: Senate Hearing today on Coronavirus

May 13, 2020, 5:09 PM

Be Proud....

The Fit is hitting the Shan. Just some of the seditionists who unmasked Gen Flynn:

VICE PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN- One request January 12, 2017

-FBI Director James Comey - One request December 15, 2016

-Director of National Intelligence James Clapper - Three requests

-CIA Director John Brennan - Two requests - December 14-15, 2016

-U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power - Seven requests: November 30, 2016 -December 2, 7, 14, 23, 2016, January 11, 2017

-Obama Chief of Staff Dennis McDonough - One request January 5, 2017

-Deputy Director of National Intelligence for Intelligence Integration Michael Dempsey - One request January 7, 2017

-U.S Ambassador to Russia John Tefft - December 16, 2016

-U.S. Ambassador to Turkey Ambassador Barr - December 28, 2016

-Secretary of the Treasury Jacob Lew - Two requests December 14, 2016 and January 12, 2017

-Acting Assistant Secretary Treasury Arthur McGlynn December 14, 2016

-Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence Stephanie O'Sullivan - One request January 7, 2017

Color them as SCUMBAGS

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 413
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic