Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
College admissions scheme
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 519

College admissions scheme

Mar 12, 2019, 1:02 PM

That is a crazy story. What do you guys think about that?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's not right

Mar 12, 2019, 1:06 PM

but i really don't see the big deal.

don't rich people use money to get what they want in millions of ways?

Re: it's not right

Mar 12, 2019, 1:27 PM

True. It's a real reminder how the country really works. There are the haves and the have nots. It's crazy how deep it all ran though. I always thought it was just about donations to the school and alumni connections to get a kid in over another. This scheme went pretty deep.

I think it’s a getting more attention because

Mar 12, 2019, 2:32 PM

Of the prestige of the schools and the celebrity status of the families

Who is the victim in this crime?

They popped Curios George's wife.

Mar 12, 2019, 2:43 PM

Well, not really....William H Macy was the narrator...but still!

Re: I think it’s a getting more attention because

Mar 13, 2019, 6:56 AM [ in reply to I think it’s a getting more attention because ]

The victims are the people who didn't get in who worked their butts off and who weren't rich and who were more qualified. The victims are everyone in America who isn't rich. It makes people question America. We're supposed to be above these situations as a nation.

i agree. I've been following this closely

Mar 13, 2019, 12:58 AM [ in reply to it's not right ]

Because being a college tennis fan, a pretty big name (#3 Texas men's head coach Michael Center) was indicted.

I read that 8 armed FBI agents arrested him at his house in Austin at 6am. I mean really? He accepted $90,000 to get a kid on the team and into Texas. The kid from California wasn't even rated by tennis recruiting services and according to other UT players at the time in 2015, he never even met the team. He appeared on the roster for like a week and then was taken off.

I also wonder who this crime really hurt. The university of Texas? Not really. The players on the team? No, they never even met the guy and didn't affect their season one bit.

So a lower salary athletics coach (comparatively to coaches in other UT sports) makes an extra $90,000 from someone who was dumb enough to want to pay it for their kid to get into Texas. Who's losing sleep over that?

Uhhh, the tread is 6 or 8 posts below....***

Mar 12, 2019, 1:30 PM

Re: Uhhh, the tread is 6 or 8 posts below....***

Mar 12, 2019, 1:31 PM

I don't believe you.

Buddy o' Crass donated to Clemson Foundation

Mar 12, 2019, 2:09 PM

to get both his daughters in without the Bridge program....dont know why these others didnt just do that

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

bigger players involved

Mar 12, 2019, 2:35 PM

Ivy League schools probably have these offers all of the time from people with really deep pockets.

I know rich people attend and attended and donate to Clemson, but I’d guess there aren’t as many political/celebrity status folks trying to get their kids into little ole Clemson

Why? Do they hate money?

Mar 12, 2019, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Buddy o' Crass donated to Clemson Foundation ]

You could be a billionaire and that would still be stupid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mrs Old Slac was just telling me about this over lunch.

Mar 12, 2019, 2:40 PM

How fuggin' rich, dumb, and entitled do you have to be to pay some unaffiliated shmo over a million dollars to get your kid in a school of their choice? The fact that this dude who owned the consultancy had D1 head coaches on his payroll is astounding, thats some serious racketeering.

Make a donation, buy the naming rights to a building, give'em a hefty scholarship endowment...bribe them legally for less.

Re: Mrs Old Slac was just telling me about this over lunch.

Mar 12, 2019, 5:37 PM

it would require a very generous donation. for example a score of 800 - new football jerseys, a score of 400 a new dormitory, and in larry's case... we would need an international airport

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am fine with this.

Mar 12, 2019, 10:41 PM

As long as they do not have to pay taxes later in life, and their career success is also based on who owes their parents favors.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Privaledged, Affluent Criminals

Mar 13, 2019, 7:19 PM

Svcks when you find out you’re mortal and the laws that apply to the little guy...also apply to you. This never would have seen the light of day under the prior govt regime.

Replies: 15
| visibility 519
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic